My wedding went pretty smooth for the most part. Actual wedding was good, chapel was simple and beautiful on it's own. Margari was my WC and she made things smooth when we had our bumps. Wedding reception went by too fast but we plan on having a large party here at home so we'll get to party more.
The hiccups actually came with the hotel side. Sadly we were very disappointed that we constantly had to stay on top of EVERY thing. When you have family traveling from Nigeria....this was the last thing I should have dealt with.
- Hotel said we got our up grade. Sweet.....not really. When we got to the room, it wasn't the upgrade. Took us an hour with multiple people to sort this out but we finally got it.
- Dinner reservations - were messed up multiple time with us and a few of our guests.
- Room wasn't cleaned the day of the wedding - When we got back to the room it was still messy and we had to do a quick make over ourselves before the pictures.
- Salon - They didn't speak much English so due to lack of communication we ended up 20 min behind and super rushed for pictures and getting everyone to the chapel. Make up was a heavy from one of the ladies...another lady did fine. Everyone like their hair though.
- We didn't get our champagne or roses the night of the wedding. Another thing we had to complain about to the desk.
- Belle hops never showed up to our parents room after calling several times so we had to help them.
- Internet was very spotty - we got it discounted after complaining
- Margari was easy to work with and things were decorated like I had wanted
- Everyone liked the food. Fish/Beef and creme brulee
- Cake was good. Chocolate on chocolate....how could you go wrong. It was whipped icing....which was perfect! we had way too much though for 25 guests.
- Cigar roller - very entertaining and we spent a lot of time out there with him so not much dancing was had since we had an hour for dinner, and an hour for cigar roller.....
- We were in a ball room on the Adults only side and we had a portable speaker that we used....worked perfect.
- Flowers were beautiful - all bouquets and centerpieces looked like was shown and discussed. I upgraded on two centerpieces.
- Massages the day after for the two of us....fabulous
I can't wait for the pictures to come back....one of my friends did our pictures so we saved money there too. We didn't have any push back from bringing in our own things.
Everyone overall enjoyed themselves and didn't know all the hiccups we had. Which is how I wanted it for them.
Now....time to enjoy my marriage and get this family started!