for those who did a slideshow at their at home reception...

how many pics did you put?

my plan is to have the slide show going in the backgroud throughout the party, and only stop it when we watch the ceremony video.

how many pictures should i include?  

i have over 1000 pro pics, plus i want to include fun pics of all the guests from the whole trip as we all stayed a week at the resort.

I plan on just stopping th party for a ~10 minute slide show that will go all the way from baby pictures to engagement pictures to wedding pictures.  But for your case, where you want o run through the whole party - I would say put it on maybe a 20 mintue loop or so.  That way if someone turned away for a few minutes they don't have to wait for hours to see what they missed.

I was thinking maybe a 3 to 5 second display for each photo, so 20 minutes at a 3 second display would need 400 pictures.  For a 5 second display that drops to 240 pics.

I had suggested to my in-laws that we do a slideshow pics from our childhood (or before we met) and they didn't think it would be appropriate.  They said that it would be fitting for a birthday party but not a wedding/AHR.  They want to only show pictures with both of us in it.  I don't think I have that many pics so people will see similar pictures of us over and over.  I think we would drive people nuts! lol

Interesting - all of the slideshows I have seen at traditional receptions start with baby/kid pictures.  I think a lot of that is for laughs because you know there are some pictures from your elementary/middle/high school years that would be a bit embarassing.

ya i have seen that too, but the purpose for my slideshow is for people who were unable to attend the wedding to see the pictures. i have been holding off on posting them on facebook so i can do the slideshow at the AHR!  i think what i will do is put all the pics i want and time it, then take it from there.  i dont want it to be too short either since it will be repeating itself.  i just wanted to know if someone has done it like this before and could give me an estimate!

Originally Posted by clgriffi7 View Post

Interesting - all of the slideshows I have seen at traditional receptions start with baby/kid pictures.  I think a lot of that is for laughs because you know there are some pictures from your elementary/middle/high school years that would be a bit embarassing.

hi, i just timed it - it takes about an hour and a half.  so i think considering that i want it to repeat itself a few times throughout the party, i dont need to be so limited in how many pics i put.

what do other people think?

Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post

regarding the slideshow that would run in the background, how long does it take to go through 1000+ slides?  Does it run for like 30 minutes?

well i guess it depends on when you get your video back?  are you having one professionally done?  if so, just ask if you can have it by that date - maybe even an unedited version just to show at your AHR.   when i refer to  my video, i am referring to the video one of my guests took with my own camera! so we had it right away! it was not professional by any means, but he got the whole ceremony, the sound is clear and he had a steady hand, so i love it and i am definitely going to show it.

also, depending where your AHR is, you may need to rent a projector and big screen and will need a laptop to connect to.   lucky for me, my husband has all these things already, but if we didn't i would either rent, or simply gather everyone around the TV to watch it since the party will be at my sisters house!

good luck!

Originally Posted by Soon2BMrsS View Post

I don't know if I am just dreaming or if it is a possibility to show our wedding video at our reception here.  The wedding is Oct. 21 and our AHR is Nov 5th?? Help me out.... do you think its a possivbility?