Iberostar Rose Hall SUITES - Jamaica 2012

Hello Brides!

I have just booked the Iberostar Rose Hall SUITES in Jamaica - I can't believe how stressful choosing a destination and hotel was doh.gif

No that I have that sorted out I am hoping to find some help from all you brides, currently planning or been there done that at the suitescheesy.gif  

I have been reading through all the forums and have snagged some good stuff, but nothing current (which has me a little worried undecided.gif).

So if you are out there and have some current info PLEASE pass it on.

Thanks

Candyce

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey DaisyDuke!

Thank you soooo much! every little bit helps.

We are March 30, 2012.  Looks like you will be first!  Keep me posted on how everything goes.

What made you decide on the Iberostar RHS?

Well I can't say it was an easy choice!  I haven't been to Jamaica since '94 so I had no frame of reference.  The travel agent and my fiance gathered a list and I did the research on line and in the blogs.  I just found the Iberostar had consistently great reviews and I loved the fact that they only did one wedding a day.  I also found out that it is Air Canada's preferred hotel for their staff (my sister-in-law works for them).

That was my method!

Thank you again for the link - I have been reading every chance I get!

I have my finalizing meeting with the travel agent on Thursday, and I hope that sometime soon the hotel confirms my date is available.

Have you booked photographer, flowers, music etc or are you just going with the package?

welcome to the forum, ceecie!

iberostar is a great resort with three choice hotels within the compound so you've made a fantastic choice!  there's a plethora of information on this site that will aid in your efforts to coordinate a memorable wedding for you and your guests.

good luck and happy planning!!!  R~

Hi,

My wedding will be July 1, 2012. I chose Iberostar because it had the best reviews. I do not love their wedding package but I am going to use a few outside vendors. I found the vendor through this site which have been very helpful.The florist the hotel recommends is very expensive and they are hard to reach. I have also heard the photographers they use are not great either and are also expensive.

I have decided to use a floral service provider which a few brides have used at Iberostar. His name is Godfrey Guy. His email is Godfreyguy1@yahoo.com. His prices are amazing. Note the hotel does not use natural flowers for the ceremony huppa and no center pieces are included in your reception dinner only the main table. if you use him tell him Charene Stewart referred you ( wedding date July 1, 2012) The only thing is he will require a deposit by western union which I just sent yesterday and the balance will be due 5 days before the wedding. I am using him for my huppa, ceremony arrangements, my bouquet ( I will use the one that comes with the package for my brides maid as I hear it is small), corsages for the moms and the buttonholes for the dads) and my table center pieces. All you have to do is send him pictures of what you would like and he will advise. He would be an outside vendor but he picks up the vendor fee. He will call you all the time but I rather someone stay in contact vs not hear from them and they are in another island.

I am also working with an outside vendor photographer Marcia Roberts. She seems to be really good and I also got her from one of the brides on this site. Again she will also pay the vendor fee. Just really review her contracts and make sure it states exactly what you agreed on. I am finalizing my contract with her now.

My guest will be staying at Iberostar Suites and this is where the wedding will be. Myself and the Groom will be staying at the Grand. It is a little more $$ but I love the fact you have a butler and the grounds are more plush and grand!

I plan on bringing my own chair tie backs as the hotel does not have my colors, my favors, and votive candles for the table for the reception.

We are expecting about 80 guest. I am working on my guest welcome gift bags now. I will include hang over kits, sunscreen, personalized playing cards, and advise cards for them to drop in the wedding box and a couple of other things I am deciding on.

**Note Nicole and Tiffany the wedding coordinators are very hard to reach!! You have to call them. They take forever to reply back to emails. Maybe it is beacuse my wedding is next year? But it really shouldn't matter.

Well congrats 2012 brides!! Keep me posted and I will do the same!

Charene and Kevin July 1, 2012 Iberostar Suites Montego Bay, Jamaica!

Congrats, ladies!!! Another IRHS bride checking in. We just booked our wedding on July 29, 2012. I loved the Iberostar resorts over the others in MoBay. I also figured this resort gave my guests options within the same complex of resorts depending on their needs. Im not going with the resort photo package. I think its overpriced. I need to decide on flowers, dj... Much work to do but selecting the venue was the hardest bc I wanted to be sure. Happy planning....