Nominate the BEST of BDW March 2011

TammyWright

hey BDWers,

time to take your nominations for the best threads, posts, wikis, reviews that you have read.

I will choose 2 winners for the $50 giftcards.

Good Luck everyone!

Here is the info from the original contest post:

At the end of each month, I will chose 2 posts/threads/wikis etc. that I think are super helpful to our members and the creater of the "article" will receive a giftcard from either visa or mastercard for $50 USD **. 

Information that I think is very helpful to our Best Destination Wedding members:

• "How to" articles, 101 articles, area guides: did you create great invitations?  take the time to write step-by-step instructions on how you did it to help future brides and for a chance to win.  or maybe an informative guide on your wedding location.
  • good, informative wikis.  If you have alot of great information on a resort, please post it in the resort wiki (on the resort product page).
  • thorough, honest reviews (please post these in the appropriate review section)
  • Support threads

These are just some ideas but I am sure you guys will come up with even better articles for our members.

If you have written something great but not sure where to put it, send me a PM and I will point you in the right direction.

At the end of each month (starting february 2011) I will choose 2 winners.  I will try to give you a little heads up so if you think you or some other member has a great article that you want me to consider, you can post the link in the thread.

Good Luck to all of you and I am really excited to see what everyone comes up with.

**I have the right to discontinue this contest at any time.

Oh my there are so many but one of my personal faves I always try to catch up on and enjoy is:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/2854/wedding-gowns-you-vs-model/370#post_1535083

A fun wiki that any DW bride should read is:

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/wiki/trash-the-dress-or-ttd

I couldn't have survived my 8-month long distance, cross country engagement without all the support from the April 2011 Brides. Everyone participating in the thread has been so helpful with posting their ideas and opinions. I think it is usually among the most active threads for the last 6 months too. So a special thank you to Tenny for originating the thread.

• 3 months later...

Good evening Tammy,

I would like to nominate Futuremrstgun's planning thread for your monthly cash prize. Although her thread is still in progress, I have found fresh ideas, new tips, and her journaling style inspirational.

For example, I had been going back and forth for a while about purchasing a monogram or going without. After reading her thread and seeing all she created in powerpoint, I was inspired to try my own DIY project, my monograms. After creating 3 designs (I didn't even think I could do one), I have a beautiful, unique, and tailored monogram about which I am really excited and proud. I don't know that I would have even thought of using powerpoint to do this if not for Futuremrstgun's thread.

Futuremrstgun is so creative. When I saw the way she embellished and coordinated her dress and birdcage, I decided to stay up to read all of 17 pages of her posts. I was happy I did, on the very next page she shared her tips for filling her bridesmaids euro suitcases (ultra cute) with legally obtained, high end free loot. Well I read all of the way to the end and hit my disappointment when I got to the last posting. Futuremrstgun is on understandably on hiatus until after her wedding, when yeah! she'll be posting more!

Thanks for considering Futuremrstgun's thread (http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/thread/74113/futuremrstgun-s-planning-updates-pic-heavy-and-will-share-some-templates-if-requested).

Atalanta