decoration Ideas for your reception @ Uncle tonys @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

Hi ladies,

what are your decoration ideas/ Plans for Uncle tony's? They only offer table linens, chair covers... i am trying to figure out what to do to Spruce up the space... I even thought of bring in a wedding Decorator.. but that may be pricey.......

Any tips would be great! :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Vaneska,

I'm thinking about votive candles on the tables with shells that I make one of the kids in our wedding party collect off the beach the day before the wedding! (hopefully that works out ok) The other thing I was thinking was paper lanterns with the LED lights in them to hang around. That's all I have come up with so far.

I mean, we could order a bunch of flower centerpieces, then some of our guests could always take them back to their rooms for the rest of the week ? I don't know what else to do either

Oh great ideas!!! paper lanters, Brilliant! I also spoke to temeica and she said you can use these lights but only if you buy out Uncle Tony's...the photo looks a little weird...but with the lanterns and candle centerpieces- i think it would look awesome!!! The lights and maybe Hanging white lanterns (which i may bring) are weather dependent) I am thinking of getting a Reggae band..maybe get them to get up inside and they will have lights and fill up the space. We have 20 of us so my worry is it will look empty inside....what do you think? its so hard to imagine from afar! LOL

uncle-tony-s-outdoor.jpgQuote:

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

Hi Vaneska,

I'm thinking about votive candles on the tables with shells that I make one of the kids in our wedding party collect off the beach the day before the wedding! (hopefully that works out ok) The other thing I was thinking was paper lanterns with the LED lights in them to hang around. That's all I have come up with so far.

I mean, we could order a bunch of flower centerpieces, then some of our guests could always take them back to their rooms for the rest of the week ? I don't know what else to do either

Good to know you can use those lights if you buy out the restaurant! I'm thinking we will do that to have a private reception. Our booking deadline is Feb. 15th for the group rate, so we should know in a few days if we have 40 or so people coming.

I'm sure the best place to get paperlanterns in online. I saw some LED lights at michael's, but i'm not sure if you can put them in the paper lanterns. (I really don't want a fire at our wedding!)

I did large paper lanterns with hanging LED lights, I bought them from Asian Ideas (online store) 16" and bought 14 of them which I think was enough.  I also brought wooden bowls that I filled with sand, white pillar candles and faux orchids and brought orange table runners. I brought pink chair ties too which looked good. Another thing I brought was small white bags (similiar to the above photo) that I got from Micheals and punched out the rim and filled them with sand and fake tea lights and put them on the rim around the restaurant.

Once I have pics I will post. I am selling my lanterns, table runners, and chair ties soon too.

Ps re: the min number for private bookings I think they are flexible about the numbers you should be good to rent it with >25, they just don't want to close the place down for only 10 ppl

pps: there are no good shells on the beach so don't count on picking them up there!

HI,

I got really bad news... Temeica said because we are under 25 ppl- We can't have a Private reception :( I am really bummed!!! :(

However, she did mention we can have a Private Cocktail party on the terrace...... She said we can have a Open Bar,  DJ or a band, Cut the Cake there and do speeches..... This is what I am going to do :)  I am trying to see it as our "private little Dance party" LOL!!  I hate the idea of sitting with guesst in Flip flops and  well the Looky loos but it can"t be helped...

We are still going to have it at Uncle tony's and bring our flowers to the terrace for the Party. 

When is your wedding??

Originally Posted by Lizk23 View Post

Vaneska - Are you having a private reception there, did you work something out with Tameica to rent out the restaurant with less than 40 people? I only have about that many guests and I have my heart set on a private reception!