Dreams Puerto Vallarta Wedding - January 2011 - Any Advice?

HI: 

I'm getting married at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa in January 2011. I have a hard time making decisions (and my fiance is, for the most party happy, with whatever I'd like) so was hoping that past brides from this resort can give me some advice. We have chosen the Ultimate (Gold) Wedding Package.

Specifically:

• What cocktail hour appetizers are recommended or should be avoided?
  • What dinner menu items are recommended or should be avoided?
  • Does the hotel photographer take descent photos?
  • How is the hair and makeup person?
  • What live music is recommended?
  • Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!!

Originally Posted by Jan2011Bride View Post

HI: 

I'm getting married at the Dreams Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa in January 2011. I have a hard time making decisions (and my fiance is, for the most party happy, with whatever I'd like) so was hoping that past brides from this resort can give me some advice. We have chosen the Ultimate (Gold) Wedding Package.

Specifically:

• What cocktail hour appetizers are recommended or should be avoided?
  • What dinner menu items are recommended or should be avoided?
  • Does the hotel photographer take descent photos?
  • How is the hair and makeup person?
  • What live music is recommended?
  • Anything else you can suggest?

Thanks a ton in advance!!!!

Hi, congratulations & welcome to the forum! We were married at Dreams 5/29 & had a blast! It was perfect & we'd go there again in a heartbeat!

Definitely check out the Dreams thread (maybe start with the last page & go backward) - most of your questions are covered there extensively. I actually just posted the appetizer & menu options in the thread the other day.

You can check out my review (in my siggy) for more details, but we had a beach ceremony & reception at Las Palmas Terrace (by the smaller pool). We had the poblano soup and steak/chicken for dinner, which were both great. Can't remember off-hand what we had for appetizers, but people said they were good and I have those posted in the Dreams thread (& I think in my review).

We hired an outside photographer, but used their videographer for the ceremony (since it came with the ultimate package) & actually the video was surprisingly good.

The hair/makeup people at the spa are great!

We used the live trio during the cocktail hour & they were really good (though they play for more like 45 min)

I would suggest getting there a few days before the wedding so you can start to relax.

Some of the girls have been a little frustrated that Rebeca, the wedding coordinator, hasn't been super thorough in her answers via email, but rest assured she is very detail oriented and when you meet with her in person before the wedding you'll iron out everything.

Congrats again & let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for this info. I have gone through some of the recommended forum on Dreams PV (starting at the end...good tip), but some things I haven't found (however, haven't made it through all the pages...yet).

Has anyone used the photographer that comes with the Ultimate Wedding Package and if so, were you pleased with the photos taken? I believe that Adventure Photos ( http://www.adventurephotosmx.com/#/drepv-ps-3/ ) is the company that Dreams has come in to do the photography...is that still correct?

Yes, thanks for the link to that forum...

Has anyone upgraded to the new 'Preferred Tower' and if so, what did your upgrade cost / night?

Thanks!

Thanks for this info. I have gone through some of the recommended forum on Dreams PV (starting at the end...good tip), but some things I haven't found (however, haven't made it through all the pages...yet).

Has anyone used the photographer that comes with the Ultimate Wedding Package and if so, were you pleased with the photos taken? I believe that Adventure Photos ( http://www.adventurephotosmx.com/#/drepv-ps-3/ ) is the company that Dreams has come in to do the photography...is that still correct?

welcome and congrats! i'm pretty sure that answers to both of your questions have been answered in the dreams pv thread. i hate to sound obnoxious, but if you're not going to take the time to read the thread, do you really think all of the dreams pv brides are going to take the time to come here and answer the same questions again? i'd recommend reading it, using the search function, and then asking questions if you can't find the answers.

Lauren...Ummmm so many ways to respond to that, but I'm going to take the high road and simply say that I have used the search function to search for answers to my questions and haven't found the answers I'm looking for...hence asking them separately instead of amongst 135+ pages...I'm not sure about you, but I don't have time to spend ALL day going through every page, one by one (I do have a career and life outside of the computer). I'll ask my own questions and if someone is courteous enough to answer...Great! If not, no worries. Sometimes it is best to just keep your thoughts to yourself...need I say more cool.gif??

Everyone Else...To the non-pretentious brides out there, if you ARE kind enough and have the time to answer my questions in a, so far, 1 page thread...that would be great and thank you!!!cheers.gif

Lauren was merely trying to let you know how things run around here.  It's completely rude to call her pretentious when she's actually trying to help you out.  To basically say that you don't have time to read what others have taken the time to post (particularly when they have answered your specific questions) is indicating that your time is more valuable than ours, which is quite insulting.

For the record, Lauren has a career and is pregnant with her first child, so she has plenty on her plate.  Funny how she can still navigate the forum correctly though.

It's all in the wording and for her to say "do you really think all of the dreams pv brides are going to take the time to come here and answer the same questions again?" was very rude. What is it to her if I start my own thread so as to try to collect answers where they are easily found. If no one wants to reply, fine.

I found her comment to be quite rude and why my response came across similar. The other thread was written by countless brides over a long period of time, not one person who wrote 135+ pages so writing a couple threads takes a lot less time then reading every single page! I have used the search function to look up my answers, but couldn't find what I specifically was looking for (doesn't mean it isn't there, but short of reading every page, I haven't yet found what I was hoping for...I am working my way through a couple pages here and there) so what is it to anyone else if I start my own thread? This is totally rediculous. Please either give me some advice on the destination or don't waste your (and my) time responding with snotty comments... that is NOT the intention of this forum.

Thank you!