Sandals Antigua Brides??

Hi,

I've seen alot of posts from brides getting married at Sandals Jamaica, and am wondering if there are any brides out there getting married at Sandals Antigua?  I'm getting married there in April 2011, just the two of us and we are really excited.  I'd love to chat, and hear any advice if anyone has any! 

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! We are getting married in May 2011 at Sandals Antigua.  We are having about 25 people come with us.  We did get to visit the resort this past spring and it was amazing.  It exceeded our expectations!!  I have been searching the internet for some feedback on the resort so I am glad to have found this forum.   We can chat on the planning progress and compare notes.   

Hi,

So great to hear from you!!  You probably have alot more to do/plan that I do since you will be bringing guests with you.  We are staying in the Monte Carlo Honeymoon Suite.  What about you?  We are just going to do the Beautiful Beginnings package since it is just us, but probably will add the sand ceremony.  What time of day is your wedding?  We are scheduled for 4 pm.

Look forward to hearing more!

Caroline

Hi,

We are also staying in the Monte Carlo Honeymoon Suite.  Our wedding is at 4pm as well.  The Martha Stewart themes sold me on the wedding at Sandals.  We are doing the Chic and Natural theme.  We have a travel agent who is coordinating all of our guest arrangements so it hasn't been much work so far.  Overall, I am happy with how things are going, but I am a little nervous about planning a destination wedding.  We did visit the resort this past spring and saw two beautiful beginning weddings going on. Our favorite wedding gazebo is not on the map, but it is tucked away on the Caribbean side next to the Garden Rondovals (#9 on the map).  It is very private and we loved it.  Do not be concerned about the ceremony and decor not looking like the pictures.  It was exactly like the pictures and the wedding department on site was very professional and knowledgeable.   

Melody

Thanks for your comments on the ceremony and deocr looking like the pictures!  Glad that you got to go to the resort before planning your wedding there.  I think we are going to get married in the beachfront gazebo or maybe right on the beach. 

At first we had booked the Grande Luxe Beachfront Concierge Room on the Caribbean side because it is so close to the beach, but after reading alot of negative reviews on tripadvisor about how old and outdated the rooms were, we switched to the new section.  Which room did you stay in during your previous stay?  The Monte Carlo looks really nice, but hope the walk to the beach isn't too far. '

Caroline

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm so glad you joined.  What week will you be there?  So far the planning process has been easy with Sandals. There's not that many decisions that need to be made at this point.  We are thinking of having our Chic and Natural ceremony in a private grass area near the Garden Rondovols and our reception will be in the lawn by the hotel tower.  We are planning on having a dinner reception with our guests.  What are your plans?  Have you picked a theme?   

We will be there from May 25 thru May30th, our wedding is on May 28th at 5:00p.m. We are doing the island paradise theme. I had my intro call from sandals and we have our 1st planning session scheduled for oct 4th. So far it has been pretty stress -free =). I have a lot of questions for the wedding planner, hopefully she can answer all of them. When are you going to be there?? What date is your wedding on ??

• 3 weeks later...

Where oh where did all the Antigua brides go??? (LOL)

Had my 1st planning session with the wedding planner on Monday.It when very well and she was not pushy at all to upgrade so that was a good thing. I feel like I got a lot accomplished on Monday and just thought I would share.