A Wedding without Bridesmaids or Groomsmen?

Is it P.C. to have them or can we forego the torture session and skip this part all together?  We don't want to inconvenience/trouble anyone (considering it's already a DW) and out of the many weddings I have been apart of or know of there has always been some "Bridesmaid Drama". 

So when people ask who my bridesmaids are and I say "we aren't having any" I get the deer in the head-lights look! Am I wrong? My friends don't seem too offended or at least they haven't said it to my face!  How many of you are foregoing this tradition?

We are not having any bridesmaids or groomsman for the same reason that you mentioned.  We thought about putting a little note in the packing list that states something cute and funny about everyone being in our wedding party.  ha ha but have not really put much thought into that yet. 

We just wanted to keep everything really simple and not leave anyone out.

We are not having a bridal party and for the reasons you mentioned. A DW is expensive enough; I didn't want to add to that by having extra costs to be in the wedding. I also don't want the drama or the extra decisions. We both felt it was easier on every one this way.

We're not either.  We wanted something small and intimate, without the hassle of assigning roles or making people pay more money than they have to.   I think I've had to explain this to my mom about 20 times already, and each time she acts like it's the first time she's heard it!

We aren't having a wedding party either.  All we're having is my Matron of Honor and Best Man.  Like you, we didn't want to trouble anyone and we wanted to keep it simple as well.  I don't think you are wrong at all.  I guess you get the "deer in the headlight" look cause they might be used to the "traditional" wedding party.  If your friends don't seem offended by it, then I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Like 1

I would love to forego this tradition if I could, as I have already experienced enough BM drama. I say skip the whole process if you can. Who cares what ppl think, its your wedding, you can do whatever you like. If your friends aren't offended then don't worry yourself.

Originally Posted by Whitewave View Post

We're not either.  We wanted something small and intimate, without the hassle of assigning roles or making people pay more money than they have to.   I think I've had to explain this to my mom about 20 times already, and each time she acts like it's the first time she's heard it!

LOL...Surprisingly my mom hasn't said much about that. My grandmothers the one who has something to say about the whole DW experience and that we're having such a small intimate ceremony...Easy Breezy is the only way for us!

We are not having a wedding party and I am oh-so happy!  My FI was in two weddings last summer and vowed that he would never do that to his friends!  Tee hee!  Of course I don't mind and we are moving forward.  We did have a little cousin ask if she could be the flower girl and I said sure!  She's 6!  Her mom later informed me that she would not be attending!

Were only have a MOH and BM as were only have total 15 people that includes us. Even when I thought we might have a little more like 25 or 30 I still just wanted it small but even if I was having a wedding at home I think I would only have about 3 or 4 I never wanted a big bridal party and although my older sister was mad and I didnt care (mostly because its my twin that I chose, and she's always had a problem with our relationship). I told her i need someone in the audience haha. But I think if you dont want anyone dont because if you do just to make other people happy you wont be happy and thats when trouble starts.

• Like 1