Anyone had/having a wedding at La Amada, Le Reve or JW Marriott?

Hi Ladies!

I am so excited to be planning our wedding, but the hardest part has been picking the right location. I originally wanted to hold our wedding at EPM, but changed my mind since an AI would be too expensive for our guests. Now I'm considering Le Reve, La Amada or the JW Marriott. The Marriott seems quite expensive, but I know that they are experienced in throwing weddings.

There is less info about weddings at La Amada or Le Reve. Do you ladies have any input or info on these hotels? They both look gorgeous, but I'm hesitant because they are much smaller than a large hotel like the Marriott with possibly less experience.

What do you ladies think?

Thanks so much for all your help so far! =)

Hi Uhleesa,

I am having my wedding at La Amada in Feb, 11.  We went to visit this past June and the resort is beautiful!  It's very contemporary and sleek, which is just my style.  The service was unbelievable, the food was really good (which is never the case at an average all inclusive) and I'm a foodie so it's very important for me to have great food at the wedding.

We wanted a small hotel that wasn't all inclusive as I just don't like them.  I hate mega resorts with tons of people and wanted something intimate and classy, which is the case at La Amada.  The rooms are reasonable, the lowest at $245 a night with breakfast and that's in the heart of the high season.  The higher end rooms are awesome, they have a large terrace and their own plunge pool.
The resort is fairly isolated, there really isn't anything immediately surrounding, though Cancun is a short taxi ride away so easy for people to make day trips to their markets & restaurants.  That being said, there really aren't bar/restaurant options right out your front door which might be a problem for you.  They do have a concierge that can help with organized tours, etc if you need that and the resort is right on a marina, so water sports, boat rides are all right there.

The food and drink prices are on the high side, but if you have a lot of guest that aren't big drinkers, then it's a better deal than an all inclusive. 
I guess that's it for now, feel free to ask me any specific questions.  We're planning on going back in Oct/Nov to pick the menu and settle the rest of the details.

Liz

Thanks so much Liz!

I'm glad to hear that you loved the hotel. I also really love the modern chic decor and the menu seems to be fantastic. Who is the WC at La Amada? I'm still waiting for a reply back to see if our wedding date next August is available.

I was checking out photos from a wedding there and I'm pretty much sold!  : http://sakuraphotography.com/blog/weddings/la-amada-resort-mexico-wedding-sarah-and-jake/

Do you know who your photographer will be? I've been considering del Sol and Elizabeth Medina, but I also fell in love with the very modern, fun and fresh photos taken by Sakura. Only problem is that they are based in Vancouver, so it would be quite expensive to fly them in. I just love their style and I think they would really be able to capture the style and feel of La Amada.

If you have any info about the weddings at La Amada, can you send it to me? I haven't heard from the WC at all yet. My e-mail is: starzayc@hotmail.com

Thanks!!

Hey Uhleesa!

We are also considering Le Reve for our wedding next year!  All the comments we have read so far are great.  I found a review by Ayita on Le Reve which was very helpful for us.  She did get married at Le Reve and had a wonderful wedding.  I tried to copy the link to her review... but was not successfulsmile35.gif.

We will be visiting Le Reve in August so I'll keep you posted with our comments!

Best!

• 6 months later...

Hi guys!  I'm excited to have a destination wedding, and I'm just torn at the moment between two hotels that really appeal to me - Le Reve Hotel & Spa and La Amada.  I've had some initial communications with the hotels' wedding coordinators; and I've also spent a good amount of time researching the posts on this forum regarding those places.  

They both seem super lovely, but at the moment, I'm leaning toward Le Reve.  I just love the idea of having such a small boutique hotel to ourselves or mostly to ourselves (I'll probably have about 35 guests).  But, when it comes down to it, it seems that a wedding at Le Reve would end up costing quite a bit of more.  I saw that you can bring your own alcohol to La Amada (with a $4 per hour per person uncorking fee)... 

At Le Reve the costs just seem to add up so quickly...

Can anyone chime in on the costs at Le Reve?  How much can a guest expect to spend (aside from lodging) for a 2 night visit there?

thanks!

Originally Posted by BooBoo View Post

Hi guys!  I'm excited to have a destination wedding, and I'm just torn at the moment between two hotels that really appeal to me - Le Reve Hotel & Spa and La Amada.  I've had some initial communications with the hotels' wedding coordinators; and I've also spent a good amount of time researching the posts on this forum regarding those places.  

They both seem super lovely, but at the moment, I'm leaning toward Le Reve.  I just love the idea of having such a small boutique hotel to ourselves or mostly to ourselves (I'll probably have about 35 guests).  But, when it comes down to it, it seems that a wedding at Le Reve would end up costing quite a bit of more.  I saw that you can bring your own alcohol to La Amada (with a $4 per hour per person uncorking fee)... 

Can anyone chime in on the costs at Le Reve?  How much can a guest expect to spend (aside from lodging) for a 2 night visit there?

thanks!

Hi, I am also considering a wedding at Le Rêve. I am just starting getting information from them. But I know that you can also bring your own alcohol at le Rêve (I dont know the fee)...Also they can make the resort all inclusive for you and your guest. I don't know to much more for know but I will be posting soon as I do. Good luck with your planning!

Hi!  My fiance and I visited Le Reve and La Amada (as well as Ceiba Del Mar and another that has closed) last June.  These two properties are great!  I posted a review of them on here somewhere (you can probably find it through my profile).  I think that, overall, La Amada would be less for your guests - the rooms were less expensive and there is a delicious breakfast included in the rate.  That being said, Le Reve is not as secluded as La Amada, and if your guests want to venture off the property they would have more options at Le Reve.  You really cannot go wrong with either one though.  We are foodies, and enjoyed the food at each place.  The WC at each were wonderful as well.  We ended up choosing Ceiba because we wanted a little more of an authentic Mexican feel, and we wanted our 60 guests to be able to stay at one resort. 

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about what the properties are like.

thanks!

That would be wonderful!  thanks!

I really want to know what the all-inclusive package is, and the alcohol policy.  Good luck with your planning too!
I also would like to see the menu and prices for Naay.  

Another huge huge reason I love Le Reve is -- they let me bring my little doggie!  woohoo!  I think my dog will love being part of the beach wedding!

Originally Posted by Carolineandtaylan View Post

Hi, I am also considering a wedding at Le Rêve. I am just starting getting information from them. But I know that you can also bring your own alcohol at le Rêve (I dont know the fee)...Also they can make the resort all inclusive for you and your guest. I don't know to much more for know but I will be posting soon as I do. Good luck with your planning!

That would be wonderful!  thanks!

I really want to know what the all-inclusive package is, and the alcohol policy.  Good luck with your planning too!

I also would like to see the menu and prices for Naay.  

Another huge huge reason I love Le Reve is -- they let me bring my little doggie!  woohoo!  I think my dog will love being part of the beach wedding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolineandtaylan View Post

Hi, if you want to give me your email I could send you the infos that Le Rêve send me about weddings, all-inclusive, menus, etc.