March 2011 PC brides, let's chat!

Hey ladies,

I figure we have about 7 months to go (yippeee) so I am sure we are all getting super excited and anxious smile41.gif

I thought it would be cool for all of us to post our dates and maybe get together with those with close dates for a girls night, or just to say hello :)

Please post your dates and resort, I'll start:

March 14, 2011 at Excellence

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Hey ladies,

I figure we have about 7 months to go (yippeee) so I am sure we are all getting super excited and anxious smile41.gif

I thought it would be cool for all of us to post our dates and maybe get together with those with close dates for a girls night, or just to say hello :)

Please post your dates and resort, I'll start:

March 14, 2011 at Excellence
Hi Diva,

You know my date:

March 14, 2011 at Ocean Sands

Where is everyone at for planning, shopping etc? My BM's are coming to visit next week and we are going wedding dress shopping. I am so excited and nervous at the same time.
Invites are going in the mail tonight as well and then we wait I guess and see who is going ot book or not.

Hey there, my wedding twin :)

I have everything planned and done that I can do thus far so now I just sit and stare at the calendar and wait for time to pass. Can't wait!!! Please keep me posted on your progress and I will do the same.

Maybe we can have a group girls night with yours and mine over the weekend before.

Hi Diva wedding twin,

If we can arrange a get together at the resorts that would be fun. Do you think the resorts will let us cross over or maybe we can find a general place to meet up. We don't arrive until Saturday.  When are you getting in?

I ordered my dress and found shoes and am so excited. It's a Maggie Sottero and is very beachy. Organza and light which will be great for bringing on the plane. Here's a link. I still haven't figured out how to post pictures. My BM's picked out their dresses as well.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?keywordText=kayla&keywordType=any&page=0&pageSize=15&style=A3372

I hate the waiting part. Once people start putting down their deposits and I now how many people are coming then I can start the fun stuff like OOT bags and table settings. I've bought stuff but never know how much I will need.

OMG I love your dress!!!! I doubt the resorts will let us cross over, but I hear there are some bars in town and stuff and maybe we can do something there.  We are planning to arrive Friday and most guests on Saturday.

Yeah, another March 2011 bride. There doesn't seem to be many of us out there.

How is the planning for everyone going? I sent my invites out almost 3 weeks ago and have not heard back that anyone has put their deposit down. I am so afraid that people are going to wait and then the plane will be full. If I don't hear anything by next week I'm going to send out an email reminding people to put their deposit down ASAP.

My deadline for all of the money to be in to the TA is November 5! I sent out STDs in March to those people who seriously expressed interest.  We are doing formal invites, but are mailing them out at the first of the year.  Other than that, our website has a lot of info on it for people.  

Sonya: are you working with a TA?

Originally Posted by Diva View Post

My deadline for all of the money to be in to the TA is November 5! I sent out STDs in March to those people who seriously expressed interest.  We are doing formal invites, but are mailing them out at the first of the year.  Other than that, our website has a lot of info on it for people.  

Sonya: are you working with a TA?

Yes, we are working with ITravel 2000 who got us a great group rate and set up an link for online booking for guests to put their deposit down. The group rate she got us is almost $250 cheaper than the posted online rate right now and every 11th person is free. We also got a one time price drop agreement. My invites are out and guests should be putting down their $200 deposit now and have to pay in full by October 18th or the price increases by $130 per person.

My concern at the moment is the TA I was dealing with was amazing and answered my questions within the day if not the hour but she left the company about a month ago and the new TA I've been assigned does not seem so great. I emailed her Tuesday with 2 simple questions and to introduce myself and 2 days later still no reply so I emailed her again to make sure I had the correct email address and to ask her to respond and her response was "yes you have the correct email address but I am working my way through the files one by one". What does that mean? She can't answer my question until she gets to my file? Not impressed. If she doesn't respond by next week I have her supervisor's email who will be getting a lovely note from me.

Diva, I'm confused by your last post. If you have to have all the money into the TA by November how are you sending out invites at the first of the year?