Is anyone else having two wedding bands?

Hi fellow brides...I have chosen to get two wedding bands to compliment my engagement ring. One for each side. Is there anyone else who is doing the same? And if you are or have, how do you incorporate both bands into the wedding ceremony? Do you have the groom place both bands on your finger? Or do you have him just do one? And what do you do with the engagement ring at this time? Place it on your right hand during ceremony and later place it in between the two bands or just incorporate all three rings into the ceremony? I know these are probably some silly questions, but I only have 2 weeks til my big day and these are the silly things I'm starting to think of.

Thanks!

I have 2 bands, one for each side. I wore my ering on my right hand through the ceremony and then just moved it into it's normal spot later. I honestly can't even remember how we did the rings with 2 bands...we just went with it.

I wouldn't worry so much, just do what you feel like at the time!!

i dont think there is any set rule, personally tho ive always thought of the 2nd band as an anniversary band, purchsed at the same time but to be worn after the first anniversary.

BUT you could wear one band and then the e-ring thru the ceremony, and then have hubby place the 2nd band on your finger when the time to put the ring on happens.

either way, most likely you will already have had the rings on because of pictures prior to the ceremony, so you might even forget to take them off!

here is a secret: i actually forgot to put mine ON during pics, so in half of my wedding pics i look unmarried :)

I have 2 bands as well - I wear both on one side normally but I switch it up whenever I feel like it. We did both bands in the ceremony but it wasn't a big deal...they both fit in a ring box and then he grabbed them both at the same time and put them on my finger. It wasn't really an issue, so don't stress! I think he actually made a joke about it at the time (about how I'm so special, I get 2 bands or something). It was cute.

I have 4 wedding bands and got them all blessed during the ceremony. Then just put the 2 (on for each side) on and my husband put the other 2 in his pocket until after.

(The extra two wedding bands were more sentimental then anything. One was my grandparents that my mom had reshaped and engraved with their initials to give to me that day. The other was a ring that Matt's uncle made for both of us with his bare hands, very cool raw ring.)

We have 2 wedding bands a piece, but I guess our situtiaon is a little bit different. I never heard of having one on each side, how neat!

My mom gave me my grandmothers wedding band on our wedding day, just as my grandmother had done to my mom. I wore her band on my pinky during the whole ceremony b/c it doesn't fit my fat hands. DH put my wedding band that we had made for my e-ring on as normal for the ceremony. I plan on wearing my grandmothers band interchangably as my wedding band or a right hand ring. We'll see how it goes once it fits!

I gave DH his grandfathers wedding band as a surprise gift before the ceremony. However, DH actually made his own wedding band a few years prior. I think he was a little confused on what he was suppose to do and had some mixed emotions on which he should wear... lol! He ended up using the band that he made during the ceremony so that it would be blessed, but he uses his grandfathers wedding band every day just b/c it's so special to him. He figured since the ring he made has already been blessed that we can give it to a future kid/grandkid and continue to use his grandfathers band. Or, maybe we'll melt the one he made down and size my grandmother ring up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaM View Post
I have 2 bands, one for each side. I wore my ering on my right hand through the ceremony and then just moved it into it's normal spot later. I honestly can't even remember how we did the rings with 2 bands...we just went with it.
I wouldn't worry so much, just do what you feel like at the time!!
We are doing 2 wedding bands and I had this ^^ planned as well.

I have two wedding bands. I think that i am going to keep my engagement ring on my left hand, just b.c i have gotten so used to it there. For the ceremony itself, I am just going to have my fiance place both of the rings right above my engagement ring, and then move them around to how i like it, after the ceremony :)

Thanks everyone for your posts! I think I'm going to place the e-ring on my right hand and have him do both wedding bands together during the ceremony. Then I'll go ahead and put the e-ring in the middle once the ceremony is over. I dont think we'll be doing pictures before, so I should be good. I cant wait!!! So excited!