Hacienda Tres Rios Brides Post Here!

Hacienda Tres Rios is a realitively new sustainable tourism resort in Playa del Carmen. It looks like there aren't any posts online for future brides, so I decided to start one!

I am getting married at this beautiful, eco friendly resort this November. I had the pleasure of spending a few days there recently and am in love with this resort!

The cuisine is the best I have had in Mexico. The rooms are lovely. The beach is very swimable for this area. I cannot say enough about the service. Every guest was treated like a VIP.

The wedding coordinator I am working with is very efficient, I basically planned a very detailed wedding in 2 hours with him. Chef Oscar prepared a tasting menu of 15 items for us and then altered dishes to suit our needs.

The activity staff was always amuzing, never intrusive.

If you are looking for a destination wedding at a resort that truly has an authentic Mexican feel, this is the place.

Please feel free to post and ask for any help you need!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My fiance and I have also tentatively scheduled our wedding at Hacienda Tres Rios. However, we are having difficulty working with Luiz. He seems overwhelmed. We booked our wedding a month ago and still have no contract in hand. It has become frustrating for our wedding planner/travel agent as well. How have your dealings with Luiz been? I will be interested to hear how your wedding goes in November.

We are "tenataively scheduled" as well for Hacienda Tres Rios for May, 2010, and having some of the same problems with resoponse time. We called Luis yesterday, he was very apologetic and said that he doesn't check his email when there is a wedding party at the resort. I guess that's the best possible answer we could have gotten - let's hope he's equally as attentive when it's our wedding!! I would reccomend calling though - that seemed to do the trick.

That is funny. My fiance called Luiz yesterday too. He was very apologetic with him as well. He said he would send the contract to our travel agent last night, and we still have not received it. I agree with you, and I hope he becomes more attentive prior to the wedding. Keep me updated as your planning progresses. Thanks!

Kind of the same here. Have you been down to do a site visit? I can say that when we were there, he was all over it! Very timely, thorough, and extremely busy. He sent me an email yesterday with a link to the wedding he did last week but I can't open it. Maybe you guys can. It is the first one on the page, Marissa and someone.

Mediamorfosis cinema+photography

I was able to open the link - it's a video from a wedding there last week. It looks beautiful! We haven't scheduled a site visit yet, but will likely go down in january or february. Our wedding is May 29, 2010 - how about you?

Btw, I just received the contract from Luis, planning on going through it this evening. It's exciting but also sort of terrifying - !!!

Luis also sent us the video. It is very beautiful. That wedding also cost $25000. Not quite the budget we are working with. We did get our contract but it is full of errors. We are currently going through and making corrections. As for vendors we are bringing our own photographer, videographer, and DJ.