Yaulau's dreams cancun wedding

You look gorgeous! It's so great to hear that you liked Citlalli (I am also booked with her) and that you had a good experience with Alberto (I'll make sure to request him). I'm a little concerned with the price of flowers (I have 7 bridesmaids! And was hoping to do floral centerpieces)...might have to rethink that. Did you bring down your own decor or did Dreams have a lot to choose from. I'm thinking of doing some floating candles, but don't really want to haul down the glass containers.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually bought down the centerpieces. I spend a day during my site visit in December to go buy vases/ glass containers and candles from Walmart and I got some shells from Market 28 at Cancun downtown. I had Claudia hold it for me until my wedding. She was being super nice about it. She was the one who told me to ge the sparklers since I wouldn't be able to transport those on the plane and they only had it for sale during X-mas time.

I had a really good experience with Citlalli. Only wished I had more pics. I think she took around 1000 but only presented me with the best on a CD of 300 pics.

My FI and I have been studying the prices for centerpieces and they can be pretty expensive for what is being offered. We are having our reception on the terrace and the table is rather long and narrow. (We have seen this setup with our own eyes) We would need at least 3-4 centerpieces for the long table = $200 and up. We have a total of 31 guests. We will pass...instead, we have purchased clear votives and will be using coral colored candles to line the table. A bit of color is needed because everything is white, except if you choose to have your chairs covered as well. (We have decided to do this as well) I found napkins in ocean turquoise which we personalized with a seashell monogram and the print is silver. We are going to lay these napkins on each of the plates for our guests. On the front the napkins state our names, wedding date, and Dreams Cancun.

For the coctail reception, no decorations are provided. I recently found turquoise tea light candle holders in the shapes of various seashells that will be placed on the small circular tables. You can totally get away with nothing but I already purchased them so we're definitely using them. smile43.gif

I can't believe that I'm getting married this month! cheer2.gif

Does anyone know if you are able to choose your photographs with Claudia Rodriquez Studios or if they choose your best photos for you? I know they give you the pictures they shoot on a cd, but is this all the photos they shoot that day? Or is the cd simply the best pictures chosen by them?

Need help from all the dreams cancun bride....

I'm looking for a price list for the reception table centerpiece and pics of sample cakes. I saw the files before in several postings in the past, but they seem to be missing after the technical issues on this website.

Thanks,

Sherry

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbroome View Post

That's so exciting! We can't wait for the inside scoop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipi619 View Post
Need help from all the dreams cancun bride....

I'm looking for a price list for the reception table centerpiece and pics of sample cakes. I saw the files before in several postings in the past, but they seem to be missing after the technical issues on this website.

Thanks,
Sherry
I'm attaching the pics of the sample cakes. I don't think I have had a price list for the centerpieces (I have pics, but no prices).

Cakes.doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by YauLau View Post
I actually bought down the centerpieces. I spend a day during my site visit in December to go buy vases/ glass containers and candles from Walmart and I got some shells from Market 28 at Cancun downtown. I had Claudia hold it for me until my wedding. She was being super nice about it. She was the one who told me to ge the sparklers since I wouldn't be able to transport those on the plane and they only had it for sale during X-mas time.
Did Dreams not have a lot of glass containers to choose from...or were the just really expensive? I'm thinking about doing floating candles with seaglass and maybe a starfish at the bottom. I think I can manage hauling the seaglass and starfish down, but I really don't want to transport several glass containers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkbroome View Post
My FI and I have been studying the prices for centerpieces and they can be pretty expensive for what is being offered. We are having our reception on the terrace and the table is rather long and narrow. (We have seen this setup with our own eyes) We would need at least 3-4 centerpieces for the long table = $200 and up. We have a total of 31 guests. We will pass...instead, we have purchased clear votives and will be using coral colored candles to line the table. A bit of color is needed because everything is white, except if you choose to have your chairs covered as well. (We have decided to do this as well) I found napkins in ocean turquoise which we personalized with a seashell monogram and the print is silver. We are going to lay these napkins on each of the plates for our guests. On the front the napkins state our names, wedding date, and Dreams Cancun.

For the coctail reception, no decorations are provided. I recently found turquoise tea light candle holders in the shapes of various seashells that will be placed on the small circular tables. You can totally get away with nothing but I already purchased them so we're definitely using them. smile43.gif

I cannot wait to see how beautiful your wedding will be!!!
Thanks for sharing the information about the table decor. You have my mind churning on this one now.