Can't find the dress I love in the store

Ok so I've fallen in love with 2 very similar dresses. The problem is that I can't find either in any store to help in my decision. The two dresses I love are Eden Bridals 1363 and Impressions Destiny 4884. Has anyone tried/worn either of these dresses? Or maybe just tell me which you all like better? Really any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!!

Thats always hard. I like the ID 4884 better but its hard to say when its not on you. Some dresses look great in the pictures but isnt as flattering once you get it on. I found that out when I was trying on dresses I saw online - looked great but on me...well not so great. lol

If you are planning to order online, alot of places allow you to order both and return the other without a penalty or restocking fee. However if you dont like either, most places do have a fee. I found quite a few dresses online that I liked but when I tried them on I didnt like them at all. It was actually the bridal consultants that found the dresses that I absolutely loved. Have you tried going to a few boutiques yet and having one of them help you?

I am so sorry none of the bridal stores near you carry those styles! But I am with Jenny becareful with ordering online since a lot of times you can't return bridal gowns. I found one online that I thought was "the one" and when I tried it on it looked BAD! Like Jenny said I would go to a couple boutiques in your area and see what you can find, they may have something very similar to both styles.

hmmm I would try and find something similar yo try on - and if not all in one dress - then in seperate dresses.

The neckline in 4884 is really similar to alfred angelo 755 - the low plunge is something you will want to try on - i thought I would feel sexy and great in it - then tried it on and felt self concious and exposed!

Eden Bridals 1363 - I would look for a similar bridesmaid dress - that shape is similar to some of the bridesmaid styles I have see - it will give you an OK idea of the shape - yours of course is beautiful with the lace detail!

Personally I like 4884 - the top reminds me of waves :)

I had never thought of it as waves, but I like that.

I've tried on a million and one dresses many with a similar top (sweetheart neckline), many with similar shapes (sheath/a line), many with the same chiffon fabric. Basically everywhere I went just said to try on similar styles since they didn't have the exact or extremely close styles. I also tried a bunch of other styles. Some I did surprisingly feel overexposed in, but I think the plunge on 4884 is modest enough... It's just a bummer to not be able to try the exact ones, but I didn't find any that I liked as much as these two.

Some keep the opinions coming it's very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCMDBride05152010 View Post
I had never thought of it as waves, but I like that.

I've tried on a million and one dresses many with a similar top (sweetheart neckline), many with similar shapes (sheath/a line), many with the same chiffon fabric. Basically everywhere I went just said to try on similar styles since they didn't have the exact or extremely close styles. I also tried a bunch of other styles. Some I did surprisingly feel overexposed in, but I think the plunge on 4884 is modest enough... It's just a bummer to not be able to try the exact ones, but I didn't find any that I liked as much as these two.

Some keep the opinions coming it's very helpful!
With that in mind, I guess the only thing you can do is try to find an online vendor that has good return policies. I went on houseofbrides.com and
found a few dresses on there. They told me that if I ordered two dresses and I didnt like one of them I could send it back without a penalty. However, If I didnt like either dress, there was some sort of restocking fee or soemthing like that. Have you found an online distributer that has both dresses? Check out their return policies and then get them...cause I want to see how they look on you!!!!smile29.gif

• 7 months later...

I used ebridalsuperstore.com but their return policy is really that you can't return the dress. I was able to try mine on in a store so I knew the exact one I needed, otherwise I wouldn't have gone that route. It can be so frustrating to find a dress online you like and no one in your area carries it.