Dreams Puerto Aventuras Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Another question for the group... did you all set a date that you asked guests to RSVP by, and how did you decide when that should be? I know some of my friends will want to wait for vacation sales closer to the date, but if I'm ordering things like OOT gifts, I need to know how many to get! Comments??
We asked guests to RSVP by 2 months prior to our wedding date. We decided on that date because it gave us time to buy everything we needed for OOT bags. I was also a big DIYer so having the 2 months helped. You are right that some people will want to wait for vacation sales closer to the date, and thats fine...but you will need to at least have them confirm that they will be coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinalynL View Post
We asked guests to RSVP by 2 months prior to our wedding date. We decided on that date because it gave us time to buy everything we needed for OOT bags. I was also a big DIYer so having the 2 months helped. You are right that some people will want to wait for vacation sales closer to the date, and thats fine...but you will need to at least have them confirm that they will be coming.
Gina - Oh I totally can't wait so long to start ordering for the OOT bags!! Thankfully we have a fairly good idea of who is coming to the wedding already so that will help me get started with a number of things.

Another open question - When paying the deposit for the wedding package, is the only option to use the email form sent from Jacy (basically a photo copy of your credit card as well as photo ID) or had anyone called her personally to give the credit card number. I'm not really comfortable with sending that much personal information on emails.

Hello and congrats to everyone. We are getting married here in February 2010. I cant wait to read see how other brides experiences here were. I have read great things about Tulum and Cancun hopefully this resort delivers also. I am still looking for a photographer so if anyone has suggestions I would be very grateful. Happy planning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo2_62 View Post
Gina - Oh I totally can't wait so long to start ordering for the OOT bags!! Thankfully we have a fairly good idea of who is coming to the wedding already so that will help me get started with a number of things.

Another open question - When paying the deposit for the wedding package, is the only option to use the email form sent from Jacy (basically a photo copy of your credit card as well as photo ID) or had anyone called her personally to give the credit card number. I'm not really comfortable with sending that much personal information on emails.
Megan - you can definitely start planning what goes into your OOT bags and bookmarking websites that you want to order from! As far as the deposit, we used the form...I was iffy about using it as well but we ended up using it and gave photocopies of the info. We didn't have any problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwcfarms View Post
I am still looking for a photographer so if anyone has suggestions I would be very grateful. Happy planning.
Welcome, there are so many photography options out there! You can do a search for photographer and will get so many options. I used Sascha Gluck. A link to my pics is in my siggy below. Good luck finding a photographer!

GUESS WHO'S OFFICIALLY CONFIRMED AND ALREADY HAS EIGHT PEOPLE (yes including me and FI) BOOKED FOR THE WEDDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SUPER excited now!!!

We ended up not bothering with a travel agent and since there was still a seat sale on through WestJet this past weekend, we sent out a formal-informal invite to our guests so that they could take advantage while the sale was on. I'm not sure what the prices will go up to once the sale ends, but that's why I'm still waiting on the group rate quote.

NOTICE to the other girls waiting for WestJet quotes - I found out a bit of a glitch for my planning when it comes to the group rates. If the quote is given using an EBB price (which is what mine had been based on) then you have to pay the full cost of the trip upfront. No deposits allowed. Also, whether you are paying in full or paying the deposit amount, you have to pay the amount for everyone that is in your group in order to secure the pricing!! It doesn't sound like you can have individuals call in to get the group rate. You can however split the cost over multiple credit cards so if you had specific guests (family, wedding party?) that were obviously going to be booking then you could collect everyone's information and call it all in together.

I thought they would be more accommodating for a wedding group, since most people recognize that the bride and groom hosting the wedding aren't going to be paying for everyone!! I could understand these terms for any other type of group though so maybe it's just their standard.

If any of you find out differently please let me know in case I misunderstood but otherwise if you find seat sales or anything available then try to take advantage while you can!

Congrats on 8 booked!! That is awesome. I can't wait until we solidify the date and I can feel like I can actually start planning. My travel agent is out of the country for another week and I am waiting for her to work out the details.

For the reception, it sounds like most of the reviews on here the receptions were outdoors by the pool or lagoon. Did anyone have an indoor reception? I would like to have mine indoors to avoid the wind and I am sure we will be having a crazy dance party. It looked like El Patio might have enough room to dance and have a decent reception and the lights look like it might be pretty in pictures. ANy thoughts from anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawhite77 View Post
Did anyone have an indoor reception? I would like to have mine indoors to avoid the wind and I am sure we will be having a crazy dance party. It looked like El Patio might have enough room to dance and have a decent reception and the lights look like it might be pretty in pictures. ANy thoughts from anyone?
I had my reception by the lagoon, but if I did want a reception indoors I would DEFINITELY have picked El Patio!! cheesy.gif It's circular shape was just so cool and it was very nice the way it was decorated. Plenty of room to dance for everyone. I think you have to pay a fee if you want to use the restaurant though...might want to check w/ Jacy on that.

Can I ask what kind of package price you paid for your photos GinalynL. The photographer I really wanted was booked. Sucky but oh well. I have my dress, bought and paid for, currently at my SIL"s house away from FI. We have 17 people booked and paid in full, EBB was today lol. Now just to decide on a photographer and how we want to do the dinner. Anyone who has had their reception there still active on forums? Just curious as to what others did/or are doing.

Hey gals, was wondering if anyone has some information I am looking for. I am trying to find out what papers I needed to get translated into Spanish prior to arriving in Mexico. I have heard conflicting information. Now I am divorced so that might effect your answers. Do I need to get just my divorce papers translated prior too and get our birth certs done there. Do I get it all done here and sent to some Mexicon government office to apply for a marriage licsence. Any help from prior brides or even current who have light to shed would be awesome.

GinalynL thanks for the PM, I actually did a google search for Sasha Gluck and contacted them yesterday. Just waiting for a reply. BTW just a small world but my fiances moms maiden name is Butt too. Hehe I think thats your new last name isnt it. Anyhow thanks a tonnes ladies.

Quote:
We have 17 people booked and paid in full, EBB was today lol. Now just to decide on a photographer and how we want to do the dinner. Anyone who has had their reception there still active on forums? Just curious as to what others did/or are doing.
I feel dumb asking, but what's EBB? Where are you planning to do your reception?

Quote:
Hehe I think thats your new last name isnt it. Anyhow thanks a tonnes ladies.
LOL yes, I have a new last name to get used to! At least now no one will forget it. On the bright side, at least I didn't have to grow up with the name cheesy.gif