April 2010 Brides

*i also apologize for the novel.. boredom at work must be contagious!*

amygirl! i have a new date (AND DR Dreams!) twin! the only other one i had found cancelled her DW so i'm glad there's another 4/28 girl!

chicken, i got my sashes from a lady on ebay... "elegant perspectives"... 30 fuschia ones. i did this only because wedding linens direct had been out of stock for a while on the color i wanted. her site on ebay says she only has them in groups of 100, but she will give you whatever # you need.

miss di, we managed to get my FI's outfit and the GM outfits just as things were starting to sell out on the sites i had found. FI's best man ended up having to get his flip flops a size smaller than he usually wears, but he said they fit fine. here's what they are wearing:

FI's shirt (in white): Short Sleeve Washed Linen w/ Roll Tab Sleeves - Shirts - Kenneth Cole

GM shirt (in black): Toscano Linen Shirt - Short Sleeve (For Men) - Save 49%

Shorts (in brown): 100% Linen Men's Beltloops Shorts. jmp08: Beach Wedding Shirts | Guayaberas, Linen Pants, Boys Linen Shirts, Mexican Wedding Shirts.

Sandals (in tan): Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy

i love the idea of making a list of what we have done and what we need to... here's mine:

-wedding date reserved

-wedding package chosen

-engagement pictures

-invitations sent

-all family members and some friends booked

-wedding dress

-wedding shoes/necklace/earrings

-FI's outfit

-GM outfit

-flower girl dress

-BD pics and book (should get that soon!)

-my wedding band

-officiant booked

-photographer booked

-chair sashes

-bought pail for flower girl beach pail (need to decorate)

-necklace and tank tops for BMs gifts

-GM gifts

-OOT bags with towels, pool floats, bubba kegs, decks of cards

-"guestbook" (map of the DR)

still need to do:

-BM dresses (they are buying their own black dress in whatever style.. they better get on it!)

-my parents' gifts

-flower girl flip flops

-FI's wedding band

-make a decision about videographer

-centerpieces

-table runners

-bags for BMs

-sand ceremony stuff

-for OOT bags: stuff for first aid kit, tide pens, luggage tags

-welcome book (in process)

-flowers (chosen, in process)

-keycard/money holder

-ipod playlist (dreading this!)

wow.. way more things left to do than i originally thought!!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I have been MIA but I am baaaaaaaaaaaack :)

Done:

-Cruise booked

-Flights booked

-WC hired

-AHR venue booked

-Photographer for BD, Engagement, and AHR booked

-Dress bought

-STD's sent

-Website up and running

-FI picked out and bought

To do:

-BM dresses (appt this sunday)

-Book hotel room

-Start develping invitations (when are you guys sending yours out?)

-Gm's attire

-Book cake

-Decide on centerpiecs

-Decide on flowers

-Buy camera to video tape wedding

-OOT items

-Buy items for sand ceremony

-Buy wedding bands.

Im sure I have more to add on list but my mind is everwhere right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Oh, I am totally thinking of trying a DIY birdcage veil! I need to try some on first to decide if it looks good on me with my dress.
They are SO expensive, this will be a very worthwhile DIY!
Keep me posted on how yours is coming along!
yay!! another cage-girl! :) will definitely let you know how it works out...i'm assuming it will be a pretty easy job. need to go on a hunt for some fabulous feathers or something to use to pretty it up a bit! you keep me posted as well! realistically, i won't start working on this until after the move, so at least another 1.5months. bunny_4.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post

miss di, we managed to get my FI's outfit and the GM outfits just as things were starting to sell out on the sites i had found. FI's best man ended up having to get his flip flops a size smaller than he usually wears, but he said they fit fine. here's what they are wearing:
FI's shirt (in white): Short Sleeve Washed Linen w/ Roll Tab Sleeves - Shirts - Kenneth Cole
GM shirt (in black): Toscano Linen Shirt - Short Sleeve (For Men) - Save 49%
Shorts (in brown): 100% Linen Men's Beltloops Shorts. jmp08: Beach Wedding Shirts | Guayaberas, Linen Pants, Boys Linen Shirts, Mexican Wedding Shirts.
Sandals (in tan): Women's & Men's Clothes: Plus Size, Maternity, Baby & Kid's Clothing | Old Navy
thanks for the inspiration! i LOVE the kenneth cole shirts!! will def. have to show the FI and look out for them at macy's so he can try them on. my wedding party will hate me...in lieu of flip flops, i'm making everyone custom converse to wear that has our wedding date (small and discreet) and our "colors" on them. love that your guys are wearing shorts! i think my peeps would look a lil goofy in shorts and converse. haha smile123.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post

amygirl! i have a new date (AND DR Dreams!) twin! the only other one i had found cancelled her DW so i'm glad there's another 4/28 girl!

still need to do:
-BM dresses (they are buying their own black dress in whatever style.. they better get on it!)

Just think, we'll be getting married at (probably) the same time, just 2 hours away from each other!!!
We're thinking of traveling over to PC for a few days afterwards for our mini honeymoon, maybe we'll see ya at DPC!

And I LOVE the black dress idea!!!! I think it looks so classy, but FI wasn't on board with it sad.gif So my girls are wearing fuscia dresses they picked out themselves.

Ok, I'm going to give this a stab:

Things done:
- engagement pictures
- dress: Bridal Gowns Informal bridal bridesmaids Prom Flower Girl Quinceanera Stores
- shoes (ordered yesterday, will arrive Monday, praying that I can dye the light silver satin a hot fuscia colour): Amazon.com: Luichiny Women's Duchess Sandal: Shoes
- possible reception dress if I'm dying of heat http://www.forever21.com/product.asp...4843666&Page=2
- FI's suit and shoes
- FOB's suit/MOB's dress
- BM's dresses
- resort booked
- wedding package chosen
- travel arrangements booked: 26 guests booked so far
- invitations/STD/website announcements made but not yet sent
- partially made my BM's gifts - which are basically glorified OOT bags

Need to do:
- find jewelry (I had my earrings picked out from Bittersweet, but they sold out)
- decide on hair style - i'm thinking of a low side chignon
- pick/make veil. I'm thinking of doing a birdcage veil, but I'm not sure it goes with my dress... do they go with any kind of dress?
- buy/make hair feather/flower. I guess this will also depend on the veil
- design monogram
- mail out invitations... wow, I've had them for almost 2 weeks now blush2.gif what am i waiting for??
- get FI to pick out tie and some other summery clothes - which is pretty much impossible now in Canada with all the Fall stuff arriving!
- pick out GMs (FI has only picked BM) and their shirts
- select wedding package specifics, such as menu and reception locations (our WC says she won't let us pick it until we get there censored.gif)
- create menu cards
- create/order travel mugs for guests
- create centrepieces/decor
- create guestbook
- decide on first dance and download all new songs for wedding music
- decide on honeymoon location/length, etc...
- find sitter for furbabies sad.gif
- lose 15lbs!

ughhh...probably a million other things I haven't even thought of yet... ok, this was a depressing exercise! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubadiva View Post
Sorry I have been MIA but I am baaaaaaaaaaaack :)
welcome back!! sounds like you've gotten quite a bit done already!! i think it's cool that you can find a cake vendor and don't have to get whatever a resort makes for you! i LOOOOOVE cake and i have to settle with just having my big, fun cake at my AHR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss di View Post
yay!! another cage-girl! :)
i am SO impressed by you girls. for some reason i look at a bird cage veil and the idea of making it myself seems nearly impossible! can't wait to see how yours turn out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss di View Post
thanks for the inspiration! i LOVE the kenneth cole shirts!! will def. have to show the FI and look out for them at macy's so he can try them on. my wedding party will hate me...in lieu of flip flops, i'm making everyone custom converse to wear that has our wedding date (small and discreet) and our "colors" on them. love that your guys are wearing shorts! i think my peeps would look a lil goofy in shorts and converse. haha smile123.gif
omg, i am in love with the converse idea! i agree though.. may look funny with shorts. and that kenneth cole shirt is AMAZING... i had to hide it from my FI so he won't wear it before the wedding! actually part of the deal when we decided on a DW was that FI got to wear shorts and flip flops, so that's how we got started on the attire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amygirl1169 View Post
Just think, we'll be getting married at (probably) the same time, just 2 hours away from each other!!!
We're thinking of traveling over to PC for a few days afterwards for our mini honeymoon, maybe we'll see ya at DPC!

And I LOVE the black dress idea!!!! I think it looks so classy, but FI wasn't on board with it sad.gif So my girls are wearing fuscia dresses they picked out themselves.
you should definitely come over to PC! we looked at LR for a while, but ended up getting a better price out of cincinnati to PC. i'm sure your wedding will be gorgeous!!

are your colors black and fuscia too?? our GM are wearing black shirts so having black dresses really tied everything together and that way i could let everyone get what they wanted without having to worry about different shades of colors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylorbride View Post
This week I bought my wedding dress and we booked our photographers trip!
that is awesome!! major things down already! who is your photographer?

His name is Jim Fish of Jim Fish photographies he lives here in St. Louis and he is amazing. One of the nicest people I have ever met. He told me he is very honored we asked him to do our DW and he is taking it very seriously. Yesterday he said jokingly, I think I'm more excited than you. LOL

Ebredhawk, we are getting married on the ship before it sails. That's why we really need to have an idea of how many people plan to come with the first round of RSVPs. Carnival limits the non-sailing guests to 50 and we are assuming that most of our guests will be non-sailing. That has been one of the things I have been stressing about the most. My fiancee and I have such large extended families; it is hard to pick and choose who to invite. But, this will force us to keep our wedding costs down. If we had a wedding at home, we could easily end up with 200 guests.