2 random but worthwhile notes!

NaM

In our quest for wedding knowledge I thought I would pass along 2 great pieces of advice I've recieved lately.

The first is vasoline for your wedding day. A lady at work said that on your wedding day when you're nervous and hot (esp for all of us in Mexico and the Carribbean) your fingers tend to swell, sometimes substantially. She said to bring a small tub of vasoline and rub it on your ring finger before you walk down the aisle so you don't have the snaffu of not getting the ring to fit durin the ceremony. I haven't read anything on here about that happening so I was wondering for those of you who already are married if this was an issue at all??

The other thing, which isn't really advice, is a quick non denominational wedding ceremony. It is beautiful and is actually the ceremony my FI (yes I still call him that :)) and had our legal ceremony to. We are going to have the same reading in Mexico with a few changes to encorporate the sand ceremony. I know a lot of you would like to write your own ceremony so I thought this would be useful if you wanted some ideas. Enjoy!!

MARRIAGE CEREMONY

Please join with us in this ceremony to unite ___________ and __________ in marriage and may this day be one of happiness and thanksgiving for them as they demonstrate and celebrate their love. We all live in the hope of loving and being loved for love is a miraculous gift and a wedding is a celebration of this gift.

True marriage is more than joining two persons in the bonds of marriage - it is the uniting of two souls already attuned to each other. When such a true bond already exists between a couple, it is fitting that an outer acknowledgment be made and this acknowledgement is the joyous reason for this ceremony. We are here to bear witness to the entry into the closer relationship of husband and wife of these beloved friends who are already one in spirit.

_____________ and _____________ you have invited us to be with you today as witnesses to your affirmation of the happiness you have found together and to the pledge through which you publicly express your personal commitment to one another.

(Let the groom repeat after me) I solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful impediment why I _____________ may not be joined in matrimony to ___________.

(Let the bride repeat after me) I solemnly declare that I do not know of any lawful impediment why I ___________ may not be joined in matrimony to _____________.

This ceremony marks but one step in a continuing process of change and growth in your relationship. Growth is an essential part of marriage as it is an essential part of life. Your relationship will unfold into new dimensions and as you move forward together, your marriage will remain a source of new strength and insight.

Happiness in marriage is not something we should take for granted. A good marriage must be created. It is one of never being too old to hold hands and it is remembering to say ‘I love you†every day. It is having a mutual sense of values and common objectives. It is doing things for each other, not in the attitude of duty or sacrifice, but in the spirit of joy. It is speaking words of appreciation and demonstrating gratitude in thoughtful ways. It is not looking for perfection in each other but cultivating flexibility, patience, understanding and a sense of humour. It is having the capacity to forgive and forget and it is giving each other an atmosphere in which each can grow. It is forming a circle of love that gathers in the whole family. It is finding room for the things of the spirit and is a common search for the good and the beautiful. It is not only marrying the right partner, it is being the right partner.

(Let the Bride and Groom join their right hands and let the Groom repeat after me) I call on those present to witness that I (first name) take you (first name) to be my lawful wedded wife, from this day forward, to have and to hold as equal partner in my life, to whom I give my deepest love and respect.

(Let the Bride repeat after me) I call on those present to witness that I (first name) take you (first name) to be my lawful wedded husband, from this day forward, to have and to hold as equal partner in my life, to whom I give my deepest love and respect.

(Rings): May your ring(s) be always the symbol of the unbroken circle of love for love freely given has no beginning and no end. May your ring(s) always remind you of the vows you have taken.

(Let the Groom repeat after me) This ring I give you as a symbol of my love and with my heart I offer to you all that I am. With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours.

(Let the Bride repeat after me) This ring I give you as a symbol of my love and with my heart I offer to you all that I am. With this ring I marry you and join my life to yours.

May your marriage bring you all the exquisite excitement a marriage should bring and may life continue to grant you patience, understanding and much joy.

"Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be companion to the other. Now you are two persons, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion and your days together be good and long upon the earth".

It is my great pleasure now to pronounce you husband and wife and ________ you may kiss your bride.

(the signing now takes place, followed by the introduction of the married couple to family and friends)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

vasoline would have been good! fingers definitely swelled a bit in the heat! DH pushed the ring about halfway, and then you can hear him on the video saying, "yeah that ain't goin any further." LOL ... he didn't try very hard ... it went right on with a little push.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
vasoline would have been good! fingers definitely swelled a bit in the heat! DH pushed the ring about halfway, and then you can hear him on the video saying, "yeah that ain't goin any further." LOL ... he didn't try very hard ... it went right on with a little push.
Hahahahaha! that's too funny & cute! I'll def be using this tip :) thanks NaM!