Sunrider Tours-Pricing Information

A question for those of you who have been on sunrider private tour (smaller boat).

It says the Max is 65, i have 60 ppl. Im concerned it is going to be way too crowded, ppl will get stuck inside and not even get to see the sunset or the sights. Let me know what you think - i really would like private, not if it will be too crowded, im worried i mihgt have to go with the larger boat and not private.

Let me know what you think.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by red789 View Post
A question for those of you who have been on sunrider private tour (smaller boat).

It says the Max is 65, i have 60 ppl. Im concerned it is going to be way too crowded, ppl will get stuck inside and not even get to see the sunset or the sights. Let me know what you think - i really would like private, not if it will be too crowded, im worried i mihgt have to go with the larger boat and not private.

Let me know what you think.

I had 44 people on the Sunrider and the boat would not have been crowded at all with 16 more people, but everyone would definitely not fit up top, at least for seating. I'd say 35 of my guests were up top and had seating, maybe could get 40-45 for seating if people got cozy and squeezed closer together. If you look at the Sunrider pictures on their website, you'll see an open area up top too so in theory everyone could be up there to see things, but not everyone would have a seat. I had some guests who preferred to stay on lower level (or couldn't go up ladder to go up top) and they could see everything fine from windows in the cabin and it's a decent size - more spacious than I anticipated - probably had seating with tables for at least 25-30. Many people preferred to eat dinner down there and people would switch back and forth from upper to lower level.

If it was me, I would opt for private tour on Sunrider for 60 rather than public on their larger boat.

• 1 month later...

Our cruise was from 5:45 - 8:15 pm because we had our rehearsal at the hotel at 4 pm prior to the cruise and sunset was around 7:50. Generally I thought they ran cruises at 5:30, but I know it depends on the time of year too. Mario stated we could start the cruise whenever we wanted since it was private, so I would check the time of sunset and plan accoridngly so you dock about 30 minutes after sunset.

• 3 weeks later...

We're thinking of going with sunrider for our welcome dinner and are expecting around 50 people. Thanks for the pricing info. It's very helpful. I noticed that someone said when booking they had to put half down. How far in advance did everyone book their cruise? We're getting married in February 2010 so I'm trying to figure out when I need to decide for sure and put money down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKBride View Post
We're thinking of going with sunrider for our welcome dinner and are expecting around 50 people. Thanks for the pricing info. It's very helpful. I noticed that someone said when booking they had to put half down. How far in advance did everyone book their cruise? We're getting married in February 2010 so I'm trying to figure out when I need to decide for sure and put money down!
I had to put 1/2 down three months prior and then I have to pay in full a week prior to the cruise. I think that you should secure your date sooner than later.

Jess

• 1 year later...