gkashmira

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by REBECCA View Post
Hi Kash,
Yes, I am doing a lot of push up and freeweights. Shoulders, chest, triceps and biceps. I'm also trying to do a lot of quats for my booty. :)

I am seeing my personal trainer 3 times a week until my wedding. So I just need to squeeze in an additional workout or two on my own.

I always blow my eating on the weekends though! It's is so hard for me to stay on a program when I'm at home!!

I'm alittle concerned when I get to Cabo too. We will be there 4 days before the wedding. I am going to have to be really good eating & drinking for 4 days in a hotel. That's hard! I can't get bloated or my dress won't fit.
It sounds like you're doing great! You're going to look fantastic on your wedding day - don't worry!

I am EXACTLY the same on the weekends! I can eat well all week long and do great but as soon as the weekend rolls around it
s impossible to eat right. What I've found is really my biggest downfall is going out to eat. I love it! I love being out with friends, having great food, not having the worry about cooking or cleaning... but there's a reason restaurant food tastes so much better than my food at home... it's all the fat and sugar they add! I mean who would ever melt a stick of butter into their pasta sauce? But that's why their food always tastes so good... i wonder if I would eat any of it is I actually knew what was in it!

OK, I'm on my way to the store (defintyiely have to look for that bread!) to stock up on good for you/ low-point food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkashmira View Post
It sounds like you're doing great! You're going to look fantastic on your wedding day - don't worry!

I am EXACTLY the same on the weekends! I can eat well all week long and do great but as soon as the weekend rolls around it
s impossible to eat right. What I've found is really my biggest downfall is going out to eat. I love it! I love being out with friends, having great food, not having the worry about cooking or cleaning... but there's a reason restaurant food tastes so much better than my food at home... it's all the fat and sugar they add! I mean who would ever melt a stick of butter into their pasta sauce? But that's why their food always tastes so good... i wonder if I would eat any of it is I actually knew what was in it!

OK, I'm on my way to the store (defintyiely have to look for that bread!) to stock up on good for you/ low-point food!
I'm going to be honest. I rarely went out to eat or drank alcohol for a good 2 months.

You're right, you have no control what you're eating when you go to a restaurant. But, if you reference Dottie's website, you can tell your FI or friends that you need to go to one of the restaurants on the list. You can select what you're going to order before you even leave the house. (PF Changs has some decent options.)

Also, a trick is to order some chicken broth-based soup as soon as you sit down, so you don't snack on the evil bread and butter!!! Then, when you get your entree, have the waitress bring a to go box right away & put half in the box. Then you can clean your plate and not feel guilty. Out of site, out of mind!

I'll try to fill in the WW folder with foods and tricks as soon as I can.

If you look ta the top of this page you'll see:

Best Destination Wedding Forum > Ladies Lounge > Chit Chat Corner! > Beauty, Exercise, Diet > Weight Watchers Forum

Click on the link for "Weight Watchers Forum" and that will bring you to the folder where you can post up new threads for recipes, tips etc.

I went and picked upt hat bread last night and I also found these Dannon Light/Fat-Free yogurts that only have 60 calories so they're only 1 point. I love eating yogurt and grnola for Breakfast so with 1/3 a cup of granola it's only 3 points and very delicious!

I'm basically planning on avoiding restaurants for awhile. When I did go out to eat this weekend I ordered the seafood soup which was really nice - not oily or anything. (we went away this weekend). But what did me in yesterday was an omelette at the restaurant. Even though it was egg substitute byt he time you count all the servings in there you're in trouble. But I counted ut all up when I got home and realized my breakfast was all the points for the day! Yuck. So I had a sandwhicvh foir lunch and used like 6 of those flexpoints and then just skipped over dinner. So in the end it didn't turn out bad at all (considering). BUT I'm happy to be home and back in an environment I can control...

I dont' eat chicken but I did buy some veggie broth that I'm thinking I can make a really delicious low calorie/low fat soup with. Yum! I love soup... especially now that it's a little chilly outside (even here in LA).

Quote:
If you look ta the top of this page you'll see:

Best Destination Wedding Forum > Ladies Lounge > Chit Chat Corner! > Beauty, Exercise, Diet > Weight Watchers Forum

Click on the link for "Weight Watchers Forum" and that will bring you to the folder where you can post up new threads for recipes, tips etc.

I went and picked upt hat bread last night and I also found these Dannon Light/Fat-Free yogurts that only have 60 calories so they're only 1 point. I love eating yogurt and grnola for Breakfast so with 1/3 a cup of granola it's only 3 points and very delicious!

I'm basically planning on avoiding restaurants for awhile. When I did go out to eat this weekend I ordered the seafood soup which was really nice - not oily or anything. (we went away this weekend). But what did me in yesterday was an omelette at the restaurant. Even though it was egg substitute byt he time you count all the servings in there you're in trouble. But I counted ut all up when I got home and realized my breakfast was all the points for the day! Yuck. So I had a sandwhicvh foir lunch and used like 6 of those flexpoints and then just skipped over dinner. So in the end it didn't turn out bad at all (considering). BUT I'm happy to be home and back in an environment I can control...

I dont' eat chicken but I did buy some veggie broth that I'm thinking I can make a really delicious low calorie/low fat soup with. Yum! I love soup... especially now that it's a little chilly outside (even here in LA).
Kash, Be sure NEVER to skip a meal. You will not see results if you skip dinner. You have to eat regularly, preferrably 5 or 6 times a day. You used your flex points perfectly. Next time rather than skipping dinner eat a green salad and some turkey slices or an apple or something. If you skip meals, in most cases, it will work against you.

Remember, that is what thoase flex points are for. It is okay! Don't feel guilty. As long as you don;t go over your flex points each week, you'll still lose!!

Thanks Rebecca. Since we ate so late on Sunday and breakfast was like noon and "lunch" was 5pm I just wasn't that hungry. But you are definitley right - next time I'll just put together a nice salad.

I have to say that today i felt like the amount of food was perfect - in fact I'm a little stufed after dinner!

How does the exercise points work? They didn't explain that part to me and when I inputed today's exercise it added four points back to my flex points - is that right? Are you suppose to use your exercise like that? It seems so weird to eat more just because you exercise - feels like you're wasting it... what do you do?

Quote:
Thanks Rebecca. Since we ate so late on Sunday and breakfast was like noon and "lunch" was 5pm I just wasn't that hungry. But you are definitley right - next time I'll just put together a nice salad.

I have to say that today i felt like the amount of food was perfect - in fact I'm a little stufed after dinner!

How does the exercise points work? They didn't explain that part to me and when I inputed today's exercise it added four points back to my flex points - is that right? Are you suppose to use your exercise like that? It seems so weird to eat more just because you exercise - feels like you're wasting it... what do you do?
They probalby haven't explained the exercise points because you don't get to start using them until later. I think week 4 or something. So for now you can't count them.

But eventually, the way it works is that you get so many points for so much excercise. 4 points is a lot to get, usually I would earn about 2. You'll have to use them the same day as the excercise or you lose them. They don't get added to your flex points, they just get added to your regular daily points. But you can't use them yet...a couple more weeks.

I didn't realize that you had eaten lunch at 5:00. You did things right by not eating again...my bad...

Sounds like you're doing great. Keep it up. You will have a loss this week if you stay good!

Good to know about the exercise points! I thought it was just tracking my exercise online but then it did that weird thing. I have no idea how it calculated the points I just plugged in the 50 minutes of strength training and 10 minute warm-up on the treadmill... oh well - I'm just going to ignore that part. I think it's better to not add food in just because I exercised anyway (at least for now).

By the way I love you new picture!

So I could be crazy but I weoighed myself today and I'm already down from friday! I'm really excited because I find that (at least during the week) it;s really easy to stay on plan. I love thje points (versus core) because I feel like I get to eat what i want...

What happened to Sarah? I thought she was going to join us... Sarah - are you out there?