Can't Decide??? Playa Pesquero or Melia Las Dunas??

MrsAiello2b

Please Help?? We can't make up our minds between the Melia Las Dunas or Playa Pesquero. We have our wedding set for May 2010, but we're waiting for all our group rates to come in before we book. I thought for sure it was going to be Playa Pesquero, but I've been reading reviews and now i'm concerned. There have been some good and not so good reviews there and when I looked at Las Dunas...it's the same thing!

We definitely want to go to either resort (we've narrowed it down to the two) but we have 100 guests coming with us shots.gif and I'm more concerned with them than with myself and my groom to be (we'll make the most out of anything).

Any information from brides that have been married at either will help. I'm so stressed with this. I just want our guests to have a good time and not have any of them hate it....or worse get sick because of the food on the resort. I have a couple of weeks left before we make a decision.

PLEASE HELP!!!

I recommend checking out the reviews for both resorts on this site, and also Tripadvisor.com. That way you can get many different perspectives of each and balance the pros and cons from there.

You can check out my MLD review with the link under my siggy-- we LOVED it! If you have any questions, please let me know. I'd be happy to help!smile03.gif

We just booked Melia las Dunas b/c we heard such good things from other brides (and our travel agent raved about it).

There are always people that will be picky (no matter what resort) so DON'T worry about it and have a great time!

Congtrats!!

I agreee - there are always people out there that are picky and give bad reviews which makes it very difficult when deciding! There is so much great information and lovely people on here I am sure you will find all your answers. Also check out facebook there is a Playa Pesquero group with tons of pictures and info!

It's your wedding and it will be beautiful no matter where you choose!!!!

Happy Planning!

I just received my quotes from my TA. It looks like it's going to be Melia Las Dunas. My Finacee and I have looked at both locations over and over, and it's been such a hard decision.

But It looks like it's going to a better price for Las Dunas...so we're going there....I thinkhuh.gif

I just want to get everything confirmed so I don't end up changing my mind again. Who would have thought this would be so difficult!!! popcorn.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsAiello2b View Post
I just received my quotes from my TA. It looks like it's going to be Melia Las Dunas. My Finacee and I have looked at both locations over and over, and it's been such a hard decision.
But It looks like it's going to a better price for Las Dunas...so we're going there....I thinkhuh.gif
I just want to get everything confirmed so I don't end up changing my mind again. Who would have thought this would be so difficult!!! popcorn.gif
Well I hope all goes well with the confirmation, MLD is an amazing resort with phenomenal staff and facilities. If you have ANY questions at all, please let your fellow MLD brides know. Feel free to take a look at my review (bottom of siggy) I tried to be as specific as possible and it may give you some insight. smile03.gif

Don't worry, I went through the same thing trying to decide, it was pretty stressful. I went with MLD as well, based on several positive reports from TAs and good reviews on trip advisor (as well as a good price for my guests). I haven't been to Cuba before but I am sure it will be fun no matter what, try not to stress about everyone else - I know how you feel though. I think you made a good choice (I have heard these resorts are quite similar). Happy planning!

• 5 weeks later...

We're confirmed!!! Melia Las Dunas it is. Our weddding date is May 3, 2010 at 1:30pm. My TA advised that since we're having such a large number of guests with us, a wedding later in the afternoon may be difficult to achieve. I'm starting to feel a lot more stress free. Ashey, I may be PM'ing you with a lot of questions soon :-) since I still have a lot to do.

Congrats! We've just booked Melia Las Dunas as well- our date is the 28th of April. I really liked the look of the resort too, and all of the great reviews. My FI went to school with someone who was married there, and she said it was great. Here's hoping (fingers crossed).

Good luck!smile29.gif