ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Newbie here! Thanks for all the info ladies. We made a decision today that The Royal PDC is the place for our wedding! I feel so much more confident since I've read through the posts on this thread. I'm not done yet... on page 44 of 147 I think, but I'm taking notes along the way! So many good tips and advice from everyone so THANKS!!smile123.gif

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

May Bride you look beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures!

Sorry I forgot to quote everyone so I cannot remember everyones names to respond to sad.gif

We were also told by our TA that Gran guests do not have to pay extra because it is considered part of the Real resorts. But I do think it depends on the package you pick. Congrats on your engagement party.

We are also doing welcome bags. The day before we leave we are doing a brunch with our parents and bridal party and we are giving out the thank you items than.

For the girls and moms I am doing personalized tote bags with personalized haviana flip flops, shirts that say brides maid and maid of honor, snacks for the plane, and a disposable under water camera. I also got one for the moms.

For the guys and dads we are doing personalized back packs with reef flip flops that have a bottle opener on the bottom ( you can bring these or wear them on the plane by the way) snacks, pack of cards, and a disposabe under water camera.

I have not decided for all the other guests yet because like MayBride said it is really hard to coordinate. The bridal party and parents are comming down with us from Monday to Sunday. Everyone else is arriving at diffrent times and staying at both The Royal and Gran. We acctually have alot of people staying in Tukum and other places and than comming Thur - Sun for the Wedding.

Also for the parents as gifts we got them a private dinner on the beach and a couples massage.

By the way ladies I had asked this a few posts back but for those of you getting married on the beach what are you planning ong doing for shoes? I am a heels girl sad.gif

Okay I am sooo frustrated!

I have been on the phone all day with people from the Real resorts. I guess my TA overlooked one miror detail. Here goes...

We WERE having the weddding at the gazeebo at the Royal and then I was having to do the semi-p recetion at the Gran (so kids could come)...that was okay. However, my travel agent didn't think about my daughter, mom, aunt, and bridesmaid (who is doing my hair and make-up) coming over to my room before the ceremoney to get ready. The thing is that kids are not allowed in the rooms AT ALL, and ONLY guests staying in the Gran Suits (the top two room categories $$) are allowed to be at the Royal outside of the ceremoney time slot. Long story short...I either have to take all my things and go to the Gran to get ready then come back for the ceremoney at the Royal then go back to the Gran for the reception ( alot of walking..lol) OR change my wedding and my hotel to the Gran then move all my things over to the Royal after the wedding for the honeymoon. I know it is not the end of the world, but there are other things that have had to change as well...like wedding time and the room ameneties. I am just frustrated and needed to vent.

Sad,

Cyndi

Cyndi,

That is the same issue i have encountered. My of my family and bridesmaids will be at the Gran Porto while the wedding & reception is at The Royal. They can't help me get dressed in my room Unless they pay for the day pass which i think is $80, my WC said then they could probably be let into my room. Since no one wants to pay for that, i have decided I will be getting ready in my moms room at The Gran Porto and will just have to walk over the The Royal before the ceremmony. Wasn't my ideal choice but i guess this is what I have to do.

Cinny and Aerezo I am sorry to hear you both had to experience this. Cinny I totally understand why you are frusterated. I did not know this either! All my bridal party and parents are thankfully staying at The Royal but I have 4 flower girls! and obviously they will be staying at The Gran. I think this is so mis-leading since it says children are allowed for all wedding related activities. I really don't see what the big deal is in having them at the room. Does this mean they won't be allowed in the spa either??

GRRRRRRR....contacting the WC and she what she says I will keep you guys posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
By the way ladies I had asked this a few posts back but for those of you getting married on the beach what are you planning ong doing for shoes? I am a heels girl sad.gif
Ack! shitfan.gif
I was married on the beach and I think you will kill yourself in heels! The walkway to the beach has wood slats with sand in between...lemmie see if I can find a pic.
Click the image to open in full size.

I think it would be killer to try to go down this with heels on. There are two wedding sites on the beach...but every entrance to the beach has these slats. Plus manovering the sand in heels would be difficult.
Just my opinion from my experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmcan View Post
Ack! shitfan.gif
I was married on the beach and I think you will kill yourself in heels! The walkway to the beach has wood slats with sand in between...lemmie see if I can find a pic.
Click the image to open in full size.

I think it would be killer to try to go down this with heels on. There are two wedding sites on the beach...but every entrance to the beach has these slats. Plus manovering the sand in heels would be difficult.
Just my opinion from my experience!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy44 View Post
Hey all , it's been awhile! I can't believe how fast time is going, just had our engagemet party last week and I'm so excited for Mexico. Congrats to Maybride & tighteywhitey, beautiful pics! I just have a questions, way back in the thread emengeeroxx says that he has to pay 20 extra for gran porto real guests coming over to the royal for reception but my TA was told that guests of any real resorts were NOT extra (unless above package number and then still were cheaper price), does anyone know what the deal is here?
Thanks, Kim
Kim, that changed when the packages changed earlier this year. Depending on your package you are allowed a certain number of guests from any "real resort" then there are 2 prices for additional guests over that number, a cheaper price for additional guests staying at real resorts and additional guests not staying at real resorts. Hope that made sense...