"So You Think You Can Dance" Summer 2009

~*Kathy*~

I was going to wait for a Kathy re-cap but I can't, LOL

The first half of the night was AWFUL! I was right there with Nigel thinking it was such a flat night. I would have expected something like that from a first show, not a Top 8!

Solos were just Meh. Jeanine's was probably the best and new and different for her.

Great opening number by Travis! I'm really liking his choreography.

Brandon & Jeanine - Waltz - I think a big part of this was that the music was too slow. The whole thing felt awkward and forced to me.

Jason & Kayla - Broadway - This was the best number for the first half of the show. I think they were both given characters they could pull off comfortably within the style. To me, that is classic 40's broadway. I would love to have seen Evan dance that. He's only had 1 broadway number and it was really 60's Fosse with Jazz Hands all over the place

Ade & Melissa - Cha Cha - This wasn't bad but I didn't stay focused and can't really say that I remember much about it. They looked great as a couple but that's about it.

Evan & Janette - Sonja Jazz - This one didn't do anything for me either.

Brandon & Jeanine - Pop Jazz (Hip Hop to me) - The turning point in the evening. This was an entertaining piece but Brandon really outshone Jeanine. I felt like she was having an off night or something. I think she held her own but didn't go over and above that. I hate that too because I really like her and want to cheer for her.

Jason & Kayla - Hip Hop - They did a really good job with this. I thought the trick with the eye make-up and the final lift (strangling thing) was really creative. I don't think this was Shane's best work, but I still enjoyed it.

Ade & Melissa - Contemporary - Holy Sobbing! I had to rewind the number because I was so teary the first time around. The tears came out of nowhere! When all of the judges were crying that just set me off even more. I wanted to reach through the TV and just give Mia a big hug! The best number ever by Tasty Oreo! Emmy nomination for sure! I think this performance will cancel out the previous lackluster one and save them both. Ade's physical strength was amazing a Melissa showed she was not only a performer but a prima!

Evan & Janette - Rumba - The Rumba is not my favorite dance. It is basically a bunch of slow sexy walking. That is what Janette did. She and Evan were a good pair because they are both tiny. I really liked the threading lift. The best part was Ellen and Mia standing up for Evan saying that he didn't need to comform to one idea of a dancer. I got a little teary for him too!

I loved Ellen on the panel. Her comedy was appropriate and actually funny. I wanted to see her dance out to the judges table though, LOL I always like when Mia is a judge too. I think she and Shankman are my favs. Too bad he's only been on once this season.

I hate Thursdays because someone has to go. I'm predicting Evan and Jason will be the bottom two boys and Janette and Jeanine will be the bottom girls. I'm pretty sure Evan will go home but don't know about the girls.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin - GREAT recap - i pretty much agree with everything you said!!

Ya the Ade/Melissa breast cancer dance was freakn amazing - and i was thinking OMG if Evan and Janette got this it would BLOW - Ade/Melissa were perfect for it and it was really really powerful!

I really hope Jeanine doesnt go - she is my fave right now

I want Evan to LEAVE - he is so boring for me and i swear he wears the same facking outfit for all his solos...blah.

Im kinda over Janette and Im liking Kayla more these days. I think she did really well in the Broadway routine

Oh and i HEART travis as a choreographer - they need to make him a regular!

I think it is past time for Evan to pack his bags! He is my least fav...

on the girls end....I really was not impressed at all with Janette.

Jeannine is my fav and pick to win. Kayla is good too but I dont think she will make it all the way

I did like the Ade/Melissa number last night. it was good. I do though think that Melissa may be going home soon, if not tonight then next week.

Awesome recap Erin, you pretty much have the exact same thoughts as I did about all of it!! cheesy.gif I'll just throw in my two cents that I think the bottom two guys will be Evan and Jason and the bottom two girls will be Jeanette and Kayla. I'm really hoping for a Jeanine/Melissa/Ade/Brandon top 4!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloo79 View Post
I agree with the top 4 choices. Those were mine also! Also Kathy, I agree with the lack of hip hop. I always find those routines entertaining!
Ditto...I was at the gym until 7:30, so I missed the first half of the show. The first dance I saw was Brandon and Jeannine's Hip Hop. From reading here though, I guess I didn't miss much!

I don't know what's up with this season...Last seasons dances seemed a lot stronger. Haven't seen much of Shane Sparks, no crunk, and hardly any Mia. Travis is an awesome addition though. I missed his group dance last night, I have to see if I can find it online.

This show was SOOOOO boring last night. I was VERY disappointed. We had some unexpected company show up during the last half the show so I was kinda distracted. The hip hop was fun, but I wasn't impressed with Kayla. She looked like she was going through the motions and wasn't comfortable in the dance. Jason did a really good job.

Tasty Oreo's routine was fabulous. Melissa was just so gorgeous and Ade really was the strong man. LOVED it.

I was kinda pissed that they made some slow dances (aka- the waltz) even more sloooooooow. I feel bad for the dancers. Not their fault. Why did even the cha cha become slow?

Anyways, I agree- something was off with Jeanine last night. It almost looked like she may have been emotionally spent. I wonder if Lorianne was really bitchy and tore her down. I don't like that chick. Hopefully, she is able to regroup and come back next week with a revived spirit. She is def at the top of my list!

Evan definitely needs to go. PERIOD.

I also don't really like when judges announce their favorite. I know it's a big compliment, but it skews the fan base. If they wanted to have the power to name the best dancer then they shouldn't leave the voting in teenybopper hands!