Parents' gifts suggestions

binzer- id say get them gifts together, him and you get your parents something and also you guys get his parents something.

i mean, thats IF it's doable. people think its mandatory to get gifts and its really not.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
binzer- id say get them gifts together, him and you get your parents something and also you guys get his parents something.

i mean, thats IF it's doable. people think its mandatory to get gifts and its really not.
I think you're right, and that gifts aren't needed, but our parents are paying for everything (and supporting us right now while we go to school) so I definitely think we need to show our appreciation. Maybe some simple engraved picture frame or something...we could take a photo of ourselves holding a sign that says "to be filled with a better picture after the wedding."

Is it lame to get both sets of parents the same thing?

• 3 months later...

I have been searching for a thread like this and was just going to start a new one so figured I would bump this!

we were totally lost at what to get our parents and then we had an idea this weekend. My parents have been wanting a two man kayak for awhile now for at their lakehouse and FI's parents are in the process of having a lakehouse built right now as well and have also mentioned wanting a kayak or a canoe for out there. Sooo we are going to get them each a 2 man kayak :) Kinda goes with the beach theme and its something we know they both want and will use. Hoping to find them both for under $1500 total.

We're just giving the parents photo albums with photos in it. I found the perfect one at Joann's - it's our color blue, and has a black and white design on it. My parents are both leaving before us and his dad won't be able to be there. So it'll be good for them

I'm glad I ran across this! I've been wondering the same thing. My parents are paying for our wedding so I really would like to get them something. On the other hand, we are paying for FI's mom to come, so I'm not so sure about the gift thing seeing as we're paying the trip. I think that's a great gift!

I bought my Mother a Vanity Tray, she had one when I was little so it reminded me of my Childhood. I had the mirror part engraved. She loved it.

For my Dad, I bought him a model car of the one he had when I was little, he would drive me everywhere in it. I went to a trophy place and they had the back window engraved, "Thank you for all the childhood memories, Love you Dad"

I did find this website online, you can have a wooden frame engraved with anything you want, bought one for my sister, she cried, it turned out great! Personalized Picture Frames - Manufacturer of the original "You Create" personalized picture frame.

Somewhere on this great site, someone posted a link to personalized bobbleheads, Custom Bobble head dolls now with voice - custom made and sculpted to resemble your photos We bought one for my brother-in-law. OMG, it was hilarious when he opened it, he loved it, said it was one of the best gifts he's ever received.

Hope this helps someone.

I read this somewhere else and thought it was a fantastic idea -- buy a long picture frame that has 4 slots for 4 different pictures. Place your paternal grandparents wedding photo in the first slot, your maternal grandparents wedding photo in the 2nd slot, your parents wedding photo in the 3rd slot and then a place holder that states that your wedding picture will go in the 4th slot. This is sentimental and multi-generational. You could probably purchase a larger frame if your parents/grandparents were divorced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanahan View Post
I read this somewhere else and thought it was a fantastic idea -- buy a long picture frame that has 4 slots for 4 different pictures. Place your paternal grandparents wedding photo in the first slot, your maternal grandparents wedding photo in the 2nd slot, your parents wedding photo in the 3rd slot and then a place holder that states that your wedding picture will go in the 4th slot. This is sentimental and multi-generational. You could probably purchase a larger frame if your parents/grandparents were divorced.
Oh i LOVE that idea!!