Moon Palace 2008 & 2009 Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan685 View Post
Tina - I did the package that did the ceremony and afterward. I got the 68photo package (or something like that) and it was around $500.00. David will shoot a few before you come down, then the whole ceremony, then after. He assured my mom that he would not stop until we got all the shots we wanted. I know if I asked him to do longer - he would have...our session was probably 1 hour and 20 total. When we did our alone photos he got shots that he wanted, I wanted - then asked if there were any more I wanted, etc. We were pretty hot and over taking pictures - so 30 minutes alone was PLENTY! He is so cute...he does not speak very good english - but enough to understand him. He made us do a couple of REALLY cheezy things that I didn't like - but If you are specific he will do whatever you want. My pictures came in jpeg format on a CD. I have blown many up - and my mother in law, mom and sister made copies of the CD at the resort before they left. They have the kodak centers in the gift shops and its cheaper to make copies there than in the states. The resort also blows your pictures up for your album...I did not like all the ones that they chose, so when I got home I blew up my own to replace in my album. They will turn out fine in jpeg. format - don't worry!!!

Buying your own camera to take your own pictures was a fine idea - they will turn out great. Its impossible to not get good pictures because it is so beautiful there....and the lighting is perfect. We had everyone taking pictures at the dinner, etc. They all turned out beautiful!

David wants to break out on his own - because he said he does not get enough business at the resort. I'm sure if you tipped him he would stay as long as you want him to, etc. I told him I requested him - and he was surprised...I don't think the resort tells him how heavily requested he is.

If you send me your E-mail I can send you a few pictures that he took - I don't really know how to work this forum :) haha!

Let me know if you have any more questions! Also, I wanted to highlight for everyone that we had our dinner on the terrace at the arrifices restaurant! It was very yummy...and we had our own area and staff - it was GREAT! They block off the area and don't let anyone else out there. They set up our cake pretty...put out our place cards, etc. So I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone...also - since they do the fogo de chao style food - its fun for everyone!!!!
Morgan, Thanks for the information! You have me very inspired. I will make sure I tell David, I had to ask over and over for him. We are having our friday night dinner at Arrifices on the terrace. I am very excited about that!

What is the largest size you or your party have blown up from the jpegs? It sounds like they are more than sufficient to work with. If I could get the raw format, I was also going to do some creative things with them but I am sure I wouldn't do it to many. I think I probably should go for numbers so I make sure I get what I want.

How did you let him know what kind of photos you wanted? I am putting a bunch of samples in a document and bring him a printed example (HA!, some of them are his! HAHAHA!!)

Eureaka, I started asking for him several months ago. They told me back then they put in a request to the photography department. I didn't find out for sure that I had been assigned David till a couple weeks ago.

Nina, I wasn't expecting it to be that miserable but I have heard from my boss that just went and several other people that have been there this time of year to move it inside. I think we will probably do that but I am not going to make the final decision until we are there. Tracy even stated that her cake started melting and her wedding was over a month ago. If we get inside and decide after the dancing begins it isn't very exciting, we may just take our ipod outside and find a spot by a pool to party down! HA!! We are taking our laptop and Bose Ipod docking station with us.

Wow, the days are flying by now. I hope that once we get there, time slows down a little bit so we can really enjoy ourselves and feel like we had a little bit of a vacation.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! I can't believe I JUST found this forum. I am getting married @ the Moon Palace with 31 guests on July 18th (the same date as one of you i think?) We are all staying at the Grand Section. I have Lily as my wedding planner, she's been great so far.

I decided a few weeks ago to have my welcome cocktail party, rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour (after ceremony) outside and have the reception indoors because there are a few older people coming who would be very uncomfortable. I was actually able to get all those event free because my party ended up booking 78 room nights.

I do have a question about the sound system.....we are going to have a family member man the sound system with our own songs. I wanted to know if we needed to bring down a special cord or anything if we were going to hook up an ipod or laptop?

Also, how are you handling your welcome bags that you are giving guests? Lily told me it's 2.50/bag for the bellboys to hand out. I am not sure I want to spend the extra money since I am hemorrhaging money as it is. I was thinking about giving them out @ the welcome cocktail party.

Does anyone know if we can at least leave an itinerary for the guests at reception upon check in?

Thanks for any/all info! I am getting really excited!!!

~Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey740 View Post
Hi everyone! I can't believe I JUST found this forum. I am getting married @ the Moon Palace with 31 guests on July 18th (the same date as one of you i think?) We are all staying at the Grand Section. I have Lily as my wedding planner, she's been great so far.

I decided a few weeks ago to have my welcome cocktail party, rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour (after ceremony) outside and have the reception indoors because there are a few older people coming who would be very uncomfortable. I was actually able to get all those event free because my party ended up booking 78 room nights.

I do have a question about the sound system.....we are going to have a family member man the sound system with our own songs. I wanted to know if we needed to bring down a special cord or anything if we were going to hook up an ipod or laptop?

Also, how are you handling your welcome bags that you are giving guests? Lily told me it's 2.50/bag for the bellboys to hand out. I am not sure I want to spend the extra money since I am hemorrhaging money as it is. I was thinking about giving them out @ the welcome cocktail party.

Does anyone know if we can at least leave an itinerary for the guests at reception upon check in?

Thanks for any/all info! I am getting really excited!!!

~Sandy
Welcome to the forum, better late then never!
I can probably answer a few of your questions.
For the sound system, if you get the ipod system through the resort then you just need your ipod. They even have someone that will man the system for you so you don't have to have someone do it. It didn't cost any extra for him to sit there and press play. My only complaint is sometimes he threw in his own songs versus keeping the ipod going.

We had a group that were all arriving around the same time so we met them with their welcome bags and then had the rest delivered (about 10) to save some money. It worked out well for us and everyone's bag was delivered.
I don't know if you can leave an itinerary but I wouldn't see why not.

Good luck! You'll have a great time.

Thanks, so it just cost the $395 or whatever it is for the sound system and the "tech" manned the ipod? Yeah, I am not sure if I want them adding any songs in...I am planning on developing a pretty extensive list lol!! Maybe I can just do that, but Ipods are pretty self sufficient. We will have a playlist for dinner, one for all the specific "dances" and then one for everyone to dance to.

Also, for the reception, were all the linens provided and the chairs dressed up nicely like on their website? I am nervous about it looking "cheesy"

Welcome to the forum Honey!!!

When are you arriving? What time is your wedding?

We will be taking a laptop and are going to email our guests and let them know where to meet us the first night. We have already told them the RoofTop Bar in the Grand side but stated we would email the directions or changes once we get there. We will hand out Itineraries for the weekend at this little event!

We chose to deliver our OOT bags next week before we leave. I have been considering putting a Friday night/Saturday event schedule in the bag with the other stuff on a bookmark. It will be the same thing we also hand out on Thursday. We just had way too much stuff to try and get it down to Mexico.

Quote:
Thanks, so it just cost the $395 or whatever it is for the sound system and the "tech" manned the ipod? Yeah, I am not sure if I want them adding any songs in...I am planning on developing a pretty extensive list lol!! Maybe I can just do that, but Ipods are pretty self sufficient. We will have a playlist for dinner, one for all the specific "dances" and then one for everyone to dance to.

Also, for the reception, were all the linens provided and the chairs dressed up nicely like on their website? I am nervous about it looking "cheesy"
Yep, the tech also played some dinner music that we didn't pay for b/c he was there already. We wanted the music to start at 730P but the reception started at 7P so for the 1st half hour he played some nice mellow music and then played our ipod stuff. He did fine with the special music like the f/d dance and stuff but when it came to dance music he kinda drifted. I'm sure if you tell him not to veer off the ipod he won't.

We had linens but we didn't have anything on the chairs, just plain white (I think there's a picture posted earlier in the thread, just not sure where). I was happy with them.

Tina ~ I can't believe you are so close, you must be so excited!

Thanks Tina! I thought you couldn't send anything down there prior to your arrival? Or am I reading your post wrong.

I don't know what you guys chose to do, but I am getting married here by a JP and then doing a symbolic ceremony because the whole sanitary issue with the blood test. I was just not thrilled about paying some random "Dr." in the hotel to stick me with a needle. Anyway, I don't judge, but, I do work in health care, and you should definitely read this post before getting it done, even if it's just to make sure they follow universal precautions. I am fairly certain they do it to collect $50 and nothing more. http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum/t19422

Quote:
Also, should I be nervous about the hair/makeup? I have heard many horror stories, some of them from the MP. I don't wear a lot of make-up typically and I know Exactly how I want my hair. Let me know what you will do/have experienced.
My experience with the hair/make up was great. The woman who did my hair made it just like the picture I showed her and it held up really well in the wind and well into the night. I have some pics from 8 hours later and the hair still looks great. The make up was fine for me. I don't ever wear any so I didn't really have any expectations. The one thing I do recommend is to bring your own lipstick. If not, she'll want to use a tube of her own (with no brush or anything). I turned down this option. :)

FYI ~ for anyone else doing the civil ceremony. The blood test at MP was fine, he used new and different needles for us and it was quick and painless.