April 2010 Brides

Hi everyone!! I'm getting married on the 24th at Dreams Tulum in Mexico. I feel like I have done a lot already but still have a hundred more things to do. So far we have sent out our STDs and invitations, blocked off the rooms, booked our trip, booked our photographer and I ordered my dress. I got back a few rsvps already but only my sister's family and my mom booked. Now we're working on getting package prices for our honeymoon.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erin, Yes, I did have to put down money to hold the rooms at the price the TA got them at. What she said was if they go up, we're guaranteed that rate, but we can still get a lower rate if they go down. I'm holding 10 rooms for 4 nights. I'm not expecting anyone to stay more than that....That way after the weekend we have the rest of the week to ourselves, since we're not changing resorts.

I can't get to page 8 for some reason, I'm hoping my post will bring me to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
is anyone else not going to have time at the resort with just you and FI?
We will be flying down with half our guests, (the other half live in Toronto) and everyone I think is planning to stay the full week. I am a school teacher, so we were limited on times of the year we could travel. We are going on my Spring Break, so unfortunately we won't be having a honeymoon until Summer Break. We have both been to Europe seperately and really want to travel there together, so I think that will be our honeymoon trip. Again, something to look forward to after the wedding!

Erin- I'm pretty much at the point where I feel they will NEVER get done. I'm down to my last 20 or so pages of the pocketfold now. I get a few done every night before my hands start to hurt lol. I'm almost there!

I also had to put a deposit to block my rooms. I blocked 10 for 3 nights and 5 for 4 nights, I didn't plan on anyone staying past 4 nights but my parents are staying a whole week!

FI and I will have time together for our honeymoon since we are changing resorts after the ceremony. It'll be great to have 2 weeks in Mexico, I can't wait!

Hi everyone! My FI and I are getting married on April 17 at the Grand Palladium Palace in Punta Cana. I am going dress shopping for the first time around the 4th when I have some time off from work. So far we've found the resort (that was a big chunk of time), and the STD is finished, I just have to pick up the supplies since we are DIY-ing it ourselves.

Hi Ladies! I am an April 2010 bride as well!!

We are getting Married April 1 (yes, I know, April fools day :) ) in RM Mexico.

We don't have a resort booked yet, but have a TA working on that now.

I have sent out most of my STD's - I think a total of about a hundred people (although a lot of those are people that we know won't be able to attend, but that we still wanted to feel included).

I have 4 bm's and we are "close" to picking out the dress - I think it will be this one:

Click the image to open in full size.

I have ordered my dress (in diamond white):

Rasharna - by Maggie Sottero

I don't have shoes - but I am on a mission for them as well :) Anyone know where I can get a pair of green satin peep toe stilletos?

Maybe like these:

Click the image to open in full size.

When are you guys planning on sending out your invites?

YAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzygirl85 View Post
Hi everyone!! I'm getting married on the 24th at Dreams Tulum in Mexico.
welcome joanna (and christina's date twin!)!! so happy to see another dreams bride! sounds like you've got a lot of stuff done already! where are you guys thinking about going on your HM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
Erin, Yes, I did have to put down money to hold the rooms at the price the TA got them at. What she said was if they go up, we're guaranteed that rate, but we can still get a lower rate if they go down. I'm holding 10 rooms for 4 nights. I'm not expecting anyone to stay more than that....That way after the weekend we have the rest of the week to ourselves, since we're not changing resorts.
that's awesome that they guarantee that rate for you.. definitely worth it if it'll keep the price from going up. i can't imagine what a pain it is to try to predict how long everyone is going to stay though!! at least if they only stay 4 days you will definitely get time alone with your FI (DH at that point!) without having to book another resort or trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
We will be flying down with half our guests, (the other half live in Toronto) and everyone I think is planning to stay the full week. I am a school teacher, so we were limited on times of the year we could travel. We are going on my Spring Break, so unfortunately we won't be having a honeymoon until Summer Break. We have both been to Europe seperately and really want to travel there together, so I think that will be our honeymoon trip. Again, something to look forward to after the wedding!
jules this sounds EXACTLY like us! i'm a CPA so january - mid april are out and FI is a butcher during the day so he's busy memorial day - labor day and then again thanksgiving - christmas. we had to squeeze it in where we could!! at least now we'll have another fun vacation to plan AND we'll get to go to a new place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doblauvelt View Post
Erin- I'm pretty much at the point where I feel they will NEVER get done. I'm down to my last 20 or so pages of the pocketfold now. I get a few done every night before my hands start to hurt lol. I'm almost there!

I also had to put a deposit to block my rooms. I blocked 10 for 3 nights and 5 for 4 nights, I didn't plan on anyone staying past 4 nights but my parents are staying a whole week!

FI and I will have time together for our honeymoon since we are changing resorts after the ceremony. It'll be great to have 2 weeks in Mexico, I can't wait!
brave girl... 2 weeks on vacation, i'd be afraid to get bored! at least in MX it is easier to leave the resort and find other things to do too! where are you having your HM? keep grinding through those pocketfolds!! i can't WAIT to see them once you're done and your hand heals! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperger View Post
Hi everyone! My FI and I are getting married on April 17 at the Grand Palladium Palace in Punta Cana. I am going dress shopping for the first time around the 4th when I have some time off from work. So far we've found the resort (that was a big chunk of time), and the STD is finished, I just have to pick up the supplies since we are DIY-ing it ourselves.
welcome stephanie!!! sooo glad there's another april PC bride! definitely let us know how your dress shopping goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adelaide View Post
Hi Ladies! I am an April 2010 bride as well!!
We are getting Married April 1 (yes, I know, April fools day :) ) in RM Mexico.

We don't have a resort booked yet, but have a TA working on that now.

I have sent out most of my STD's - I think a total of about a hundred people (although a lot of those are people that we know won't be able to attend, but that we still wanted to feel included).

I have ordered my dress (in diamond white):

Rasharna - by Maggie Sottero

I don't have shoes - but I am on a mission for them as well :) Anyone know where I can get a pair of green satin peep toe stilletos?

When are you guys planning on sending out your invites?

YAY!!
adelaide, i LOVE that your date is april 1st! that's FI's birthday and possibly will be our legal day (just for giggles!).. gives your date some character i think! your dresses look beautiful so far! for the shoes, have you looked at zappos yet? they have free shipping and amazing customer service. a lot of girls have found great shoes on ebay as well so it's worth a shot. also, i sent out my invites last week, but just because my TA already had packages together. i know girls send out stuff at different times, just depends on the situation i think!

speaking of my invites, i've already have 7 guests book and i'm so excited!! of course, it helps that my parents are paying for them so they don't have to worry about saving up the money, but they have still had to get time off work confirmed, etc. i love when things start to take form.. makes it feel like this wedding will actually happen and isn't just a figment of my imagination!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebredhawk View Post
i love when things start to take form.. makes it feel like this wedding will actually happen and isn't just a figment of my imagination!!
haha, I know what you mean! Well, things still seem to be unreal right now but I do have a couple friends and family members who keep asking for when the STDs will be sent. I just fwd them my TA info cuz I'm taking FOREVER with the STDs...

Adelaide- love those shoes, they're so cute!

Welcome all new April 2010 brides smile29.gif