DREAMS PUERTO VALLARTA "thread"

Ladies

I am having the hardest time posting photos... So if you would like to view a sneak peek at my pro-wedding photos from PM me and I will send you the link.

I am so excited for all of you. You are going to have the time of your life I am still on a high.

Karen- where in NYC do you livehuh.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&MWedding View Post
For those Nov/Dec Dreams PV brides, what time are you having your ceremony start? Rebeca recommended I start at 4pm since sun sets at 5:30pm - this way we can get a hour of photos in before sun sets.
I'm waiting for my proofs for our invites so just trying to straighten everything out. I'm sending my invites out early - the end of this month! that way hopefully it will get people going on their trip!
Hi Jill,

I am brand new to this site and just found this forum yesterday but have been reading the threads nonstop; such great input everyone!

I am getting married Nov 7th and decided to have my wedding at 4:30. That should leave 30 minutes daylight for photos and also sunset photos. How long is enough time for photos? If anyone else has any recommendations that 4:30 might be too late please let me know.

So far my FI and I have 67 guests booked and several more expected after the formal invites go out in a month!

WE are very excited and thank you all for your inspirational words via this thread!!!

Jaclyn & Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmercer View Post
Hi Jill,

I am brand new to this site and just found this forum yesterday but have been reading the threads nonstop; such great input everyone!

So far my FI and I have 67 guests booked and several more expected after the formal invites go out in a month!

WE are very excited and thank you all for your inspirational words via this thread!!!

Jaclyn & Marc

Hi Jaclyn! Congratulations and welcome to the site! I've been watching this thread and thinking about booking Dreams for Oct 2010. How has your experience been with communicating with the hotel? Was it hard to book so many guests? One more question: With that many guests did you get your wedding package for free? I see right now they have a special for if you book ten rooms you get the basic package for free but that doesn't include much.

Thanks for your advice!

~April

Hi April,

For the wedding I have been working with Dreams WC, Rebeca. She has been great so far, replying to emails within 24 hours. I have not had any other communication with the hotel.

I used a TA that I would NOT recommend. She has been a hassel to say the least, with no negotiating experience what so ever. Our TA went through Pleasant Vacations to book our rooms since we didn't have the $100 per room deposit required if blocking rooms at the hotel. Through Pleasant each guest had to put down a $150 deposit.

Yes, Rebeca did say that I am getting my wedding package for free as well I am getting the honeymoon package for booking so many rooms. I decided I did not need a lot of the extras that came with the other two packages and would be going off site for decorations and flowers. (BTW, does anyone who has already had their wedding have any recommendations on a florist and where to shop for decorations such as marracas, mexican blankets, etc.? Also, what type of chairs are people using? Rebeca sent me avant guard and bamboo with a price of $7 per chair but notihing on Tiffany chairs...).

Hope this helps!

Jaclyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by autjo View Post
Hi April :) You should contact one of the TAs on this site. Mine got me a discount on the Ultimate wedding package and I didn't even do a group booking.

~ Autumn

I sent in my request for one yesterday! :) Is the ultimate package the really good one with the mariachi band? If you did have them were they good? (aka - worth it?)

Quote:
Hi April,

For the wedding I have been working with Dreams WC, Rebeca. She has been great so far, replying to emails within 24 hours. I have not had any other communication with the hotel.

I used a TA that I would NOT recommend. She has been a hassel to say the least, with no negotiating experience what so ever. Our TA went through Pleasant Vacations to book our rooms since we didn't have the $100 per room deposit required if blocking rooms at the hotel.

Yes, Rebeca did say that I am getting my wedding package for free as well I am getting the honeymoon package for booking so many rooms. I decided I did not need a lot of the extras that came with the other two packages and would be going off site for decorations and flowers.

Hope this helps!
Jaclyn
Good to hear you've had a good experience with the Dreams WC. I just need to get a good TA so my guests can get the best deal possible cause there are some complaining about the cost. I'm not too concerned with any other extras, I'm happy with the palm tree design they do around the arch-thingy. But I do think the mariachi trio would be pretty cool.

What are you doing for the reception? Is it included in the package? And how bout music & dancing for later?

Quote:
Hi Jill,

I am getting married Nov 7th and decided to have my wedding at 4:30. That should leave 30 minutes daylight for photos and also sunset photos. How long is enough time for photos? If anyone else has any recommendations that 4:30 might be too late please let me know.

Jaclyn & Marc
I was supposed to have the ceremony at 4:30 but I was ordering my invites so I doubled checked with Rebeca and she told me that time of year, it is typically good to start at 4:00. You figure pics start around 4:30ish and she sun sets between 5:30-6 so that gives us one hour of photos in daytime - but of course, I do want sunset pics too, so I'm just trusting her on this one, but I think it's just your preference.

I have to admit, I get a little jelous when I hear about all you SD girls having over 70 ppl coming...rolleyes.gif
but of course, I'm happy for you girls too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmay View Post
I sent in my request for one yesterday! :) Is the ultimate package the really good one with the mariachi band? If you did have them were they good? (aka - worth it?)

Good to hear you've had a good experience with the Dreams WC. I just need to get a good TA so my guests can get the best deal possible cause there are some complaining about the cost. I'm not too concerned with any other extras, I'm happy with the palm tree design they do around the arch-thingy. But I do think the mariachi trio would be pretty cool.

What are you doing for the reception? Is it included in the package? And how bout music & dancing for later?
I was really concerned about the pricing for our guests at first too, but then I just had to relax. I think I've posted some threads somewhere around here, but when we first started telling people that we wanted a DW, my maid of honor (yep...) started going around complaining to some of our friends how much it was going to cost. I guess it's one thing to make some comments, but you should definitely make sure it doesn't get back to the bride! My FI finally got through my head that I just have to have faith that the right people that go are the people that really want to be there and it will be fun with no resentment attached, right?

Anyways, not sure if that was a slight tangent, but anyhow, when I was comparing the packages, I just thought the ultimate was such a better deal - the mariachi band will play during the cocktail hour, and I thought Ir ead somewhere that they were awesome. I wish I would have thought to try to discount on the package though! I have about 8 rooms booked so far, with probably a guaranteed 10 more.