You're welcome. I hear that it is one of the best, most fun things to do and the pictures come out incredible!! I can't wait for my photo shoot..lol. This site has opened my eyes to many things, especially Morgan with her DIY projects :-)

Hello,

I need some advice. I am trying to get married in Catalonia but am having the hardest time scheduling it. I've been trying to reach Elena Asti who has been out for at least two months. I am trying to schedule it next April 2010 but they keep telling me that I would have to call back in September because the court need to approve the date and that won't start until Sept. Is this normal? Seems kind of late to set a date. Any advice would be appreciated

looks like your post got moved to this thread. if you read through this thread you'll see we all had trouble setting the date. You do have to wait if you are doing a legal ceremony. The judge only schedules so far in advance. If youa re doing symbolic, you can schedule earlier, but it's still hard to get on the books. it takes persistence.

Read through this thread & you'll get all the info you need. Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by engaged maya View Post
Hello,

I need some advice. I am trying to get married in Catalonia but am having the hardest time scheduling it. I've been trying to reach Elena Asti who has been out for at least two months. I am trying to schedule it next April 2010 but they keep telling me that I would have to call back in September because the court need to approve the date and that won't start until Sept. Is this normal? Seems kind of late to set a date. Any advice would be appreciated
Yeah its a pain. I have booked the ceremony for Feb 18th 2010, but will contact them back in Sep/Oct to get it changed to legal.

Quote:
Hello,

Hello! I also booked the symbolic ceremony and was able to reserve my date a few weeks ago for my February 10, 2010 wedding. I know Elena is out for a few months so they are trying their best cover her work. The woman that has been helping is, Cora. She does take a few days to get back to you but she will eventually answer your questions. It's hard to relax once you get the date reserved I understand completely! Just stay positive and be persistent in getting all your questions answered.

GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Hi Claire,

Did they provide you with a price list of food/drinks/DJ? Also with respect to DJ do you know what's the deal with that? Do you bring your own music or do they have their own, or I guess can you do one or the other?
Hi

No, I haven't got anything direct from them. Have a look back through these posts though as all the prices for food/DJ and room are here. Im just not sure if you pay extra for drinks during the reception. Know they are 9USD if you want drinks on the beach after the ceremony, hope this is different for the evening reception!
Im going to contact them back in October for details. Doing nothing until then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEYER2BE View Post
Hello! I also booked the symbolic ceremony and was able to reserve my date a few weeks ago for my February 10, 2010 wedding. I know Elena is out for a few months so they are trying their best cover her work. The woman that has been helping is, Cora. She does take a few days to get back to you but she will eventually answer your questions. It's hard to relax once you get the date reserved I understand completely! Just stay positive and be persistent in getting all your questions answered.

GOOD LUCK!

I'll be arriving at the CAT on the 7th, so I'll get to meet you before you get married!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claire.cw.watson View Post
Hi

No, I haven't got anything direct from them. Have a look back through these posts though as all the prices for food/DJ and room are here. Im just not sure if you pay extra for drinks during the reception. Know they are 9USD if you want drinks on the beach after the ceremony, hope this is different for the evening reception!
Im going to contact them back in October for details. Doing nothing until then.
they served our champagne on the beach for no charge. 1 bottle of champagne was included in the package & another was in our room. We gave them back the bottle from our room so they had 2 to serve after the wedding. normally the champagne would be for dinner, but they let us have it on the beach.

Things may have changed since my wedding. It was a year ago.