Kauai Wedding Planners

Brenna

Kauai Brides,

We are looking to have our wedding in Kauai. I have looked at a few wedding planners but am unsure which one to pick. Has anyone heard anything about Your Kauai Weddings or In Heaven Hawaii Weddings?? Your help would be appreciated!

Brenna,

I corresponded with Virginia from In Heaven weddings, and she is wonderful. Unfortunatly, they were not sure they would be in Hawaii at the time of my wedding (the end of april 2010). So I ended up going with www.alohanaweddings.com It really depends on the size of your wedding, and which side of the island you want to stay on. I've heard good things about idoweddingskauai.com

And...I corresponded a bit with www.kauaialohawed.com and they were very helpful and quick to respond. Best of luck!!

Jennifer

Hi Brenna,

I had the same problem when I started planning our Kauai wedding. We finally decided to go with Kaye at Maile Weddings. So far she has been nothing but helpful. She has helped us pick our accommodations, day before dinner restaurant, beach location...everything. I think that the one thing that I liked about her is that she always responds to my questions within 24 hours. It's so frusturating to have to ask someone the same questions over and over with no response!

You might also want to check the forum for some of the older wedding reviews. They usually have some good advice on which vendors were good and who to avoid.

Hope this helps and happy planning!

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugaredviolets View Post
Brenna,
I corresponded with Virginia from In Heaven weddings, and she is wonderful. Unfortunatly, they were not sure they would be in Hawaii at the time of my wedding (the end of april 2010). So I ended up going with Wedding planner, Kauai, Hawaii | Hawaii Weddings | Beach Wedding Coordinator It really depends on the size of your wedding, and which side of the island you want to stay on. I've heard good things about idoweddingskauai.com
And...I corresponded a bit with Kauai Weddings - Wedding Coordinators & Vow Renewals and they were very helpful and quick to respond. Best of luck!!
Jennifer
I also went with Alohana weddings, mostly because the owner of the property we're using recommended her. We actually got to visit Kauai before the wedding, and Diana showed us around, took us to the estate, caterer, photographer- just like a non-DW. I am very comfortable and confident with her, and I know I'm not being over-sold.

I thought finding a location was the hardest part, since we're not using a resort, and we wanted something private. I had to find it on my own. The other WC's I spoke to couldn't really help me find something in my budget, and that was frustrating. I could go on and on about the wc's in kauai- i spoke to about a half-dozen of them!

Quote:
ebbica,
I would love to know the location you chose! If it is too private please PM me. Thanks! ;-) I haven't settled on a location. Diana thought Tunnels beach would be lovely when I mentioned that--but I really am just going off photos in travel books. Thanks!
Jennifer
Tunnels Beach was very lovely. The water was really calm, and you could see the reef. But it seemed kinda crowded when we went (it was 1pm though), so I don't how how private it would be. There was some great snorkeling there!

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
ebbica,
Diana thought Tunnels beach would be lovely when I mentioned that--but I really am just going off photos in travel books. Thanks!
Jennifer
Just remember, the surf on the north shore beaches changes with the seasons- big gorgeous swells in the winter, calm and clear in the summer (except Anini Beach. It's protected by a big barrier reef). The southern shore beaches are the opposite. I'm getting married near Moloaa Bay, which is really really secluded, and quite nice- white sands, black rocks, blue water, green trees :)

• 3 weeks later...

This is somewhat off topic, but I'm just needed to vent about my wc. First off, I asked for an overall estimate around June 1st, and just got our invoice last saturday- which definitely has some mistakes on it. I emailed her about it on monday and left a message, and I still haven't heard back from her. Mind you, the contract says that everything is supposed to be final 30 days prior to the event, and here we are with 2 weeks to go, and I still don't know what this is going to cost. I still don't think anyone is trying to take advantage of us, but just knowing that they could stick us with this invoice as a final bill is making me nuts! I have to say, overall I am pleased with the amount of correspondence and contact I've had with our WC, but when it comes to timely matters, I'm left feeling stressed and anxious! hissyfit.gif I really don't think I'm being difficult, or asking for too much, I just want a censored.gif corrected invoice!! I don't even know if it's too late to cancel or change things, or what's going on. I really can't afford to be patient anymore, haha, get ready for PsychoBride!