May 2010 Brides!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a May 2010 bride too! We are getting married May 14, 2010 in Puerto Vallarta at the Dreams Resort! I really can't wait for next May to get here! I just sent out all the STD's at the end of May and just found my dress last week. We are looking at invitations next week, when are you all sending out your invitations?

I should be sending out my STDs in the next week or two and I have pretty much designed my boarding pass invitation and plan to send them out Sept/Oct, depending on when pricing comes out. I'm getting excited about dress shopping, should be going in the next couple of weeks. Also we got our wedding bands already but only b/c the Kays by me had their once a year big sale, we save saved over $600 on the normal sale price and $1200 of the retail price!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Mrs. Griffith View Post
I am a May 2010 bride too! We are getting married May 14, 2010 in Puerto Vallarta at the Dreams Resort! I really can't wait for next May to get here! I just sent out all the STD's at the end of May and just found my dress last week. We are looking at invitations next week, when are you all sending out your invitations?
I'm going with the general etiquette I've seen on the forum here in terms of invitation timeline. My std's are all ready and NEED to go out this week- but I'm waiting on freaking Zazzle to send me my rsvp stamps that I customized more than a week ago! Cannot say I recommend them at this point. Seems like they always take forever to ship stuff.

But as far as the formal invitations go, they will go out two months prior to departure, and ONLY to those who we have received rsvp's from or have booked. Not gonna waste the money on peeps who didn't bother to even respond and I know aren't coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfinluck View Post
I should be sending out my STDs in the next week or two and I have pretty much designed my boarding pass invitation and plan to send them out Sept/Oct, depending on when pricing comes out. I'm getting excited about dress shopping, should be going in the next couple of weeks. Also we got our wedding bands already but only b/c the Kays by me had their once a year big sale, we save saved over $600 on the normal sale price and $1200 of the retail price!
I think that is when we are going to be sending out invitations out to. We are sending them to everyone who got a STD, so we want them to get a reminder to book their trip!! And then also sending out a getting excited brochure about a month before.

Why can't May come any faster?blush2.gif

I think I'm just gonna type up a brochure, then do a couple of newsletters to remind people to book. I figure, by the time I'm ready to send my formal invites, people will know if they are coming or not. If I have to "remind" them, then they aren't coming...it's either a priority or it isn't. I'll do the brochure and newsletters over the next six months, but by the time I get down to February of next year, forget that and anybody who hasn't booked. They ain't comin' and if they are, they won't be coming just because I reminded them to book. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm a May 2010 bride to be too!! Congrats to all the May brides out there as well!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandbride2b View Post
Hello girls. I am too a May 2010 Bride! yeah for us!!
Hi Islandbride2b - I see you are getting married in JA too. Which resorts are you considering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalM View Post
Wow! I just found this thread!

I'm getting married May 1, 2010 in St. Thomas

Hi CrystalM - Magen's Bay is absolutely gorgeous! We considered St Thomas for the sole reason of that beach.

I forgot to add that I just received my STD magnets on Thursday, so I'm addressing envelopes this weekend and going to get them in the mail on Monday. I used Fresh Impressions: Specializing in Custom Save the Date Magnets and Invitations - Home and was very pleased with everything. They emailed me an electronic proof within 24 hours after I placed my order. And I didn't have to pay for anything until after I received the proof. From the day I approved the proof, it only took 1 week to receive my order and that was with ground shipping too!

We have the link to our website at the bottom of the magnet (we ordered the larger ones - I think they are 3 x 4 inches), so our guests can go online and get all the information they need to start planning. They can RSVP on our site as well. I haven't decided on exactly how we'll handle the invitations, but I have a little time to think about that.

Sending out the STD just makes it feel more "official". Kinda scary, but kinda exciting too!!