Chocolate Brides: Hair Question

lol..I'm the same way about good side/bad side. I actually moved someone once during a photo. And it wasn't someone I knew well at the time. hahahaha I am so stupid, I swear.

For anyone looking at birdcage veils...or just plain veils or whatever. Ebay. There are SOOOOO many ebay stores that sell them. I highly recommend. I'd rather get something new at a discount from someone trying establish their business rep, than pay full price just because the item is something they are known to carry. I'm cheap, did I mention that?

I haven't had to move a stranger yet, but I have moved quite a few friends...LOL!!!

I search for everything on Ebay and Google to find the best prices on EVERYTHING!!! I never buy anything over $50 w/out first doing a price comparison... And don't call it being cheap, it's being economical!!!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with all of you lovely ladies, what I ended up doing with my hair for the wedding...

So I got a weave with Indian Hair and my stylist here in Vegas permed only the edges of my hair that I was going to be out.

The wedding wasn't until Sunday night and we arrived in PV on Wednesday... I was so worried about getting my hair wet in the pool and the beach, so I avoided those areas for the first two days... by the third day I couldn't resist any more (it was freaking HOT!!), so I enjoyed my self in the pool and beach, but I made sure to warned those around me not to get my "Haiiirrr" wet :0)

Even though the Indian hair was a bit expensive, it was worth it to me, because I was able to wear straight or in waves. A different look for each day and got lots of complements from my girlfriends... even from my mom and she hates when I wear weaves!

Well when I went to my hair trial I was very nervous, cause it was a small shop in PV and I didn't think that folks in Mexico would know how to handle my hair.... To my surprise they did and they even added some more hair to the weave to make it look fuller!

I was super happy with the way my hair turned out... Now I'll shut up and show you all the pics....

During the hair trial

Click the image to open in full size.

The day of the wedding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanandmo View Post
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share with all of you lovely ladies, what I ended up doing with my hair for the wedding...

So I got a weave with Indian Hair and my stylist here in Vegas permed only the edges of my hair that I was going to be out.

The wedding wasn't until Sunday night and we arrived in PV on Wednesday... I was so worried about getting my hair wet in the pool and the beach, so I avoided those areas for the first two days... by the third day I couldn't resist any more (it was freaking HOT!!), so I enjoyed my self in the pool and beach, but I made sure to warned those around me not to get my "Haiiirrr" wet :0)

Even though the Indian hair was a bit expensive, it was worth it to me, because I was able to wear straight or in waves. A different look for each day and got lots of complements from my girlfriends... even from my mom and she hates when I wear weaves!

Well when I went to my hair trial I was very nervous, cause it was a small shop in PV and I didn't think that folks in Mexico would know how to handle my hair.... To my surprise they did and they even added some more hair to the weave to make it look fuller!

I was super happy with the way my hair turned out... Now I'll shut up and show you all the pics....

During the hair trial

The day of the wedding

Who does your hair out here? I have not been able to find anyone who can do my hair super bouncy like I like it. One chick even burned my scalp so bad I cried like a baby. It was awful! I know this sounds bad, but I usually wait to get touchups until I go back home to visit my family in Detroit! LOL... flying cross country to get your hair done is worth in if you don't end up in tears. cheesy.gif

Oooo, Susan! It turned out GORGEOUS! I absolutely love it! Very wedding chic, and still kept your nape free and cool I bet.

You got me crackin up about not gettin your haiiir wet..I know that's right. We gotta do what we gotta do! Besides, after the wedding, it's all good, who cares?

Anyway, it turned out fantastic! Can't wait to see more pics--you looked gorgeous!

Hi ladies,

I too have been trying to decide what I'm going to do with my hair. I was thinking of getting a sew in bc I don't want to damage it with blow drying everyday. If anyone is getting a sew-in what kind of hair would you suggest. I'm looking for something that is similar to a wet and wavy but definately not the cheap stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&ESept2009 View Post
OMG I'm so happy I found this thread, I have so been under a rock studying for the bar and have had very little time for wedding planning. I decided to take today off and get more ideas. I like the birdcage viel, where can I find this?
Google, yahoo search and Ebay are your friends!! You can find anything via those, trust me.

As for your other question about where/what kind of hair to get..I think the general consensus is Indian Remy being the best in terms of being able to get it wet and still looking good. You can ask your stylist/whomever is doing your sew in to recommend a place to purchase and most of the time, they can even get it for you if you go to an actual shop. For anyone not real familiar with buying hair, I'd suggest that route since you'll need someone to help you match your hair color and all.