Majestic Colonial or Elegance Brides Post Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by anna_c View Post
I called the reservations department at the hotel yesterday and the gentleman said the prices for 2010 will come out mid to end of august. Not sure if anybody already knew this.
That is a little weird that the hotel is saying 2010 rates are not out till August. I am getting married at the Palma Real and was able to book most of my guests a few months ago and some are even staying at a different hotel where they were also able to book. We booked our airfare as well which you can do 330 days in advance.
We did not go through the hotel to book our rooms, we used a travel agent so I would try contacting one to see if they can get you information on rates. Also if you look on the vacation sites like expedia, travelocity... they have the Majestic available for bookings in 2010 so it would seem you should be able to book.

Good Luck!

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello i'm also getting married in Majestics and i wanted to know a few things. The Dinner i know was at a restaurant but what about the party? Did u have to pay for that and was it at the parrot bar? I'm sorry to seem so nosey but i'm a little woriied cause Ive been emailing Maritee and all she said was that the wedding date is confirmed and did not give me any other info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexlleon View Post
hello i'm also getting married in Majestics and i wanted to know a few things. The Dinner i know was at a restaurant but what about the party? Did u have to pay for that and was it at the parrot bar? I'm sorry to seem so nosey but i'm a little woriied cause Ive been emailing Maritee and all she said was that the wedding date is confirmed and did not give me any other info.
If you would like a private party after dinner then it is an extra cost. There are a few options available

beach party set up
parrot bar
swim up bar
presidential suite
and the new one mentioned a page or two back in this thread which is the terrace/outer edge of the restaurant.

Each have different costs per hour, and an open bar (which costs extra) may be your only option for drinks. For example, in my opinion the closest bars to the parrot bar, swim up bar, and of course the pres suite are too far to walk for drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshfrommontreal View Post
I understand exactly what you mean now, I will ask when I am there on the 9th. I actually have never heard of this being an option, but it must be something they only offer in the summer months because the wind would probably make it impossible during the winter months.

There are a couple things to consider with doing this, which I will ask for you.

1. Since you aren't getting the open bar, how late will they let you be there?
2. Do you care if the guests that are on the inside don't have the table set up like a wedding? If you don't mind then basically it would just be set up for a large reservation at the steakhouse.
3. The price breakdown of doing this. For example - are they charging you so much per dinner and then a rental fee for the overall space?

I am actually quite surprised that they let you use this space for dancing, cake cutting and a general party. Its surprising because it is so close to a bar. So I am going to ask for other couples if it would be possible to have the free dinner on the inside of the restaurant and then rent the private area for a couple hours for dancing and cake cutting. That way you can have an area for private dancing which is right next to a free bar.
Hey Josh!
Can you take some pictures of the area Anna_C is talking about?
I am really interested to see what the dinner setup is like and where the dancing, cake cutting etc would take place...

I will definitely take some shots of what the area looks like, only problem is it probably won't be set up for dinner and dancing when I am there. What I am guessing is it will be the same table setup as the steakhouse and then an open area for dancing. I'll take some photos though and we can use our imaginations haha.

Thanks for the picture of the ceremony setup Josh. Nice and simple. I have noticed that they use the yellow sache on the chairs a lot, I think I've seen it in every wedding. Do they use or have any other colors? I know Maritee will show me the options later on but I'm just wondering to see if maybe I need to take my own to match my colors.

Hi everyone, so my fiance and I are certain we want to get married at the Majestic in 2010 (April or May). Is anyone else having a hard time locking in a date? We have been corresponding with one of the WC's but we have not heard back that often. We just want to set the date so we can get the ball rolling and so we can contact a TA! If anyone has any suggestions on TA's, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!