Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandrun View Post
trevess,
I really like canopy you used! The starfish were a nice little touch. Did you have to bring the white tulle?

Was your dress ivory? Mine is. I was a little worried about it...after seeing your pictures I am totally at ease! Your pictures are great. Is there a link to the rest of them? I would love to see them. You had a really nice sized group.

Thanks,
Kim
Here is a link to our photos: http://mushrosinmexico.shutterfly.com/ You will have to request to be a member and then you will be able to see them. (Sorry so complicated- I just don't want the pics out there for the WHOLE world to see!)

The tulle was already like that. I'm sure you could bring whatever you want to decorate- just like we did with the starfish. Good Luck!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrae99 View Post
Can anyone give me a little more information on the dress code at the a la cartes? I know the men are required to wear long pants. Is that the only thing they require? Thanks!
That is the only thing that they require...there were no other stipulations set forth...we even had one guy (friend of a friend) that wore a hat and they didn't say anything about it. (I almost wish they would have! HAHA)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraisobeachbride2009 View Post
Danielle - Welcome back girl, I missed ya around here!! :) Your pictures are fantastic and you looked so gorgeous! Did you do your own hair/makeup? Your gazebo was decorated beautifully, I am totally jealous!! I'm so glad everything worked out for you. I can't wait to read your review!! Oh and your bouquet was amazing...you used an outside vendor for that right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kef1274 View Post
Danielle, you look absolutely gorgeous! Did you do your own hair? Wow, I hope I look half as good as you do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunandrun View Post
Danielle,
Congratulations and welcome back. I am so glad to here that everything worked out so great for you. You looked absolutely beautiful! I love the 2 dresses!
Quote:
Great photos Danielle! You look beautiful!! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!!!

Thanks for all the compliments, ya'll are to sweet! Yep, we used outside vendors for everything such as (makeup/flowers and decor/dj/photographer). My hair was done by my b.f.f's which are hairstylists here in Illinois (they work out of planet color in mokena ask for Karen or Jackie- just giving them a shout out in case any of you need a good hairstylist)! Since, my 2 b.f.f.'s were flying out for the wedding anyhow they insisted on doing everyone's hair (gotta love them girls for that) They did a total of 7 girls hair including themselves! Which was super nice cuz I got 2 hairstyles in 1 day (one for the ceremony which was 1/2 up and 1/2 down and the other for the reception which was all up). And trust me by that time my locks needed to go all up I lost most of the curls by that time and my neck was just sweating with all that hair on me! So I stole them from the cocktail hour 30min early and they helped me get out of the wedding dress into the reception dress and threw my hair up and their own to get down to some serious parting!

Quote:
Can anyone give me a little more information on the dress code at the a la cartes? I know the men are required to wear long pants. Is that the only thing they require? Thanks!
As far as this goes the men are required to wear dress pants (or linen pants) and a collard shirt. This is a must! They made 3 of our guys go and change because they had on cargo shorts and a collard polo shirt. Now the day before they had on the same attire and they were let into the steak house restaruant at the maya but were told to change when they went to the japenese resturant.. So i think it all depends on the hostess at the front desk! If you don't want problems just let everyone know dress pants and collard shirt (no gym shoes or jeans are permitted). They can wear sandles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevess View Post
Here is a link to our photos: http://mushrosinmexico.shutterfly.com/ You will have to request to be a member and then you will be able to see them. (Sorry so complicated- I just don't want the pics out there for the WHOLE world to see!)

The tulle was already like that. I'm sure you could bring whatever you want to decorate- just like we did with the starfish. Good Luck!

I tried to log in to see your pics but it said I need to be a memeber.

Thanks,
Noel
holidaybaby5@yahoo.com

So, just heard back from WC and they are saying everything will be open at Del Mar for our date June 20 but it sounds like we should be ready to be moved to Lindo/Maya/Grand just in case. At this point, I have had 3 out of 3 BM drop out and found 3 new ones so I am over worrying about it. It is about the marriage and the wedding so whether they move our location or leave it, we will just be happy to be in Mexico and be swine free! Thanks for keeping us updated girls!

Danielle thank you so much for sharing your pictures! You looked beautiful! I love the way you had the gazebo decorated. Did the iberostar do that or did you do it yourself?

Also, random question for anyone. My soon-to-be sister in law just said that she heard nudity was allowed at some of the resorts!! I just wanted to know if anyone has seen any of that during their trips. I stayed at the Maya in 2006 and saw none of that. They have kids so I want to make sure they feel comfortable with staying there without having to worry about nakedness around the pool/beach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akbeach View Post
So, just heard back from WC and they are saying everything will be open at Del Mar for our date June 20 but it sounds like we should be ready to be moved to Lindo/Maya/Grand just in case. At this point, I have had 3 out of 3 BM drop out and found 3 new ones so I am over worrying about it. It is about the marriage and the wedding so whether they move our location or leave it, we will just be happy to be in Mexico and be swine free! Thanks for keeping us updated girls!
Thanks for the update! I just emailed Reyna over the weekend to see how the reopening plans were coming along. She told me a few weeks ago that they will be up and running by June 15th. I am still proceeding like we are getting married at the Del mar. If we get upgraded, that is fine with me. I just hope I get a little bit of time to redo the welcome letters / etc.

I know your wedding is the 20th. When are you checking out of the hotel? We arrive the 21st.

Hi Iberostar Brides,

I am new here and am VERY excited there is a thread for the Iberostar weddings.msnwink.gif

We are booked for May 1, 2010 at the Del Mar. However, we are going down Jun 11-15 to check things out.

Good luck to all. And Congratulations!!!