Las Caletas Brides ~ Post HERE! (THREAD CLOSED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittbrodin View Post

Andi - Brent an I have been talking about the same thing! With the whole swine flu scare it is super cheap to fly to Mexico, so I'm in!! A little flu scare isn't going to stop us!!! :-)
YES! woot.gif

I am telling you...when we were down there (during the swine mess) our resort was DEAD!!!! bad for the resort but good for us! My mom works for the airlines and she told me yesterday that their flights going to PV now are only about 50% full! as soon as I see some good prices...we seriously might be going back!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeni- I think my pics are still linked up in my siggy. Nate took all the guy pictures if you wanna see some more of his pics while you wait. I believe he did the night shot I have in my siggy but don't quote me!

Britt-Yay! I remember waiting- it seemed like the days crawled by. When we finally got our CDs in the mail we stayed up all night looking at them. Seriously we had like 2000 images. It was crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
Oh man...that sucks about the starfish...but I will say though that it was VERY fragile...the pick that it was attached to was not very sturdy so when you pushed it into the flowers you had to do it VERY gently...Nicole was worried that it would break when I had it and was EXCITED to get it out of her hands that day...she didn't want to be the one to break it wink.gif....probably out of fear that us crazy BDW LC brides would come hunt her down! rofl.gif

Can I come meet for drinks too? blush2.gif hmmm I think I still have vacation time collected up at work, I think we are ready to go back now!....also it was funny, yesterday Reggie had a bad day at work and told me we were moving to PV! I thought "AWESOME! I am in!" smile29.gif He even started sending me listings from craigslist of places to rent on the beach rofl.gif
Andi - when we went down Dec '07 (yes, we've been planning for THAT long! LOL), I was nice and toasty drinking pina coladas and cervezas and I totally tried to convince Martin we should move there. We totally thought about it, I even followed up with Kelley about it wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi View Post
YES! woot.gif

I am telling you...when we were down there (during the swine mess) our resort was DEAD!!!! bad for the resort but good for us! My mom works for the airlines and she told me yesterday that their flights going to PV now are only about 50% full! as soon as I see some good prices...we seriously might be going back!
COME FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you two could totally come to the wedding! I would love that!!! Seriously, if you see a great flight deal jump on it chica! We'll be in PV May 19th - 27th. I would laugh my ass off but totally get you a medal (or a round of shots shots.gif) if you actually did that. Funny thing is I've talked about you enough some people in our group might actually recognize who you are rofl.gif

OMG girls, I leave 1 week from TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just got back from tanning & Target (got a strapless bathing suit so I won't get tan lines plus some other stuff we needed for the trip). It feels like we're just constantly on the GO! I'm so happy though - I think last night Martin FINALLY realized how close we are and his butt is now kicked into high gear! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rachel!!

i never got back to you waaaaay back when i PMd you about your pictures. THANK YOU for your long reply back to me - it meant a lot and i kept meaning to write you back but life just got crazy. so, better late than never, i suppose...THANKS! we decided to to with las caletas and are sooooo excited.

smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
Andi - when we went down Dec '07 (yes, we've been planning for THAT long! LOL), I was nice and toasty drinking pina coladas and cervezas and I totally tried to convince Martin we should move there. We totally thought about it, I even followed up with Kelley about it wink.gif

COME FOR MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you two could totally come to the wedding! I would love that!!! Seriously, if you see a great flight deal jump on it chica! We'll be in PV May 19th - 27th. I would laugh my ass off but totally get you a medal (or a round of shots shots.gif) if you actually did that. Funny thing is I've talked about you enough some people in our group might actually recognize who you are rofl.gif

OMG girls, I leave 1 week from TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We just got back from tanning & Target (got a strapless bathing suit so I won't get tan lines plus some other stuff we needed for the trip). It feels like we're just constantly on the GO! I'm so happy though - I think last night Martin FINALLY realized how close we are and his butt is now kicked into high gear! YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe how close you are Jaime! I feel the same way-just constantly on the go and my mind is going a mile a minute with everything! Thanks for mentioning the strapless suit-going to buy one tomorrow!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeLynne View Post
FYI girls ~ Nicole says the BDW starfish @ LC must be retired after me. It's on its last leg sad.gif

We are starting to get our final details sorted out!

I still need to work on our song list for the DJ, set up seating arrangements, send her a pic of the centerpieces I like (fresh cut limes in a small vase with fuschia flowers set it in ), etc.

We are meeting Nicole @ the lighthouse in the Marina for drinks 1 week from Wednesday!! Holy cow, I can hardly believe it! I feel like we've totally bonded (mostly through emails though I did meet her in person a year ago), and it's like seeing a friend you haven't seen in, well, a year! haha! Can't wait to run and give her a smile03.gif lol

Uhhhm, what else? I guess that's all I can think of to add to the thread for now!

smile29.gif
Oh so sad about the starfishfrown.gif I think I'm after you Jamie so I will purchase a new one for all the soon to be brides!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss di View Post
wooohoooo! yea, we are stoked. i just looked at your pictures again!! SOOOOOOO beautiful. btw - love you as a brunette - your profile pic is great. do you have any plans to go back to PV for a little vacation?
Aww thanks. I went brunette like a month after the wedding. I had never been dark before so it was scary but I liked the change. I've been a brunette for a year now and I don't think I will go back to blonde. I've added some caramel hilights since and that's probably the lightest I will go. No more roots!!

I wish we could go back to PV. Unfortunately we aren't as dedicated for saving money for a vacation as we were for our wedding. It's a little hard to always look at the beautiful PV pics because that usually sends me over to a travel website looking up air+hotel packages. What can I say- I'm jealous of all you girls now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bca33 View Post
Oh so sad about the starfishfrown.gif I think I'm after you Jamie so I will purchase a new one for all the soon to be brides!
Oh BTW- people are always asking me about the starfish in my bouquet when they look at pics. It's such a nice story to share, but for some non-internet savvy people it kinda goes over their head. I guess it's hard for them to comprehend that we are sharing so much on the internet and building great relationships in that you are willing to SHARE stuff. But that's why I'm still here after being married for over a year.