Villa Girls-- How ru handling this?

I too am having a villa wedding after finding out there is a wedding at the Dreams resort the same time as mine, we decided to switch. So we decided on Villa Meditereano (sp), after seeing so many pictures on here and so many brides saying it was amazing. Site unseen, we picked it then found out that we had to change our wedding date all together because there was a reception there the night we wanted. So after all the going around and printing our invites we settled on a different night.

Mexicobridewithquestions please PM I would love to ask you some questions about Villa Meditereanohuh.gif

Kalindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steffeny11 View Post
Hi! We decided on a villa and Randy and I just went down our guest list and chose 6 people that were top priority to stay with us at the villa. We let them know that they don't have to because we knew it was expensive, but that we would love it if they could and we wanted to offer it to them first. That way, they knew they were committing to pay for their spot, but if they couldn't commit, they could find their own accomodations (I suggested nearby ones with diffrent prices). People could say no if they wanted a resort or cheaper places. Then, we went to the next few people (next 6 or so) that were close to us and the next priority and so forth. It took us about two weeks of slowly and methodically going down the list to get the villa filled up (26 rooms) with people that seriously committed and really wanted to stay with us and the rest who didn't know for sure can stay nearby! :-) It worked well for us. I'll keep you updated if that changes, though, as we are still more than a year away from our wedding date!

ps. We chose a mixture of family and friends based on who we are closest to and who we would want to spend 4 days together with. There were definitely a lot more people than that, but at least we have our closest people with us.
I wish I had read this before I told my family and their significant others about the villa I was renting for all of us....I could've avoided some stress. I'm renting Casa Aventura for the week and asked my immediate family and my sisters boyfriends/husbands to stay. I assumed they would all agree with staying there, and for the most part they did (they were super excited!)...except for one of my sisters boyfriend. He felt that I should have told him about it before booking it (but kind of said it in the wrong place at the wrong time) but, really now, I booked it for my whole family not just him! I just happened to put a room aside for him and my sister.

Anyway, I was a little upset for a while but seeing that I'm not so close to him, I should have probably communicated it a little better and shouldn't have assumed that just because you're family (or affiliated with family) that you'll be ok with everything. You handled this nicely. :)

so glad that i'm not the only one that has been dealing with the stress of figuring out who stays where in the villa ...but most importantly who doesn't stay at all...tough choices to make. is it just me or does it feel like you are putting pieces of a puzzle together with this decision - to figure out who would get along best with other friends, family members, etc. good to know there's a spot to come for support when the villa bookings get difficult! :)

villas are a great choice and so beautiful and unique to boot!! we're staying at quinta maria cortez/casa tres vidas...it's sleeping about 38 comfortably for anyone looking for a large property.

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norisa23 View Post
we too are stayting at the quinta maria cortez/ casa tres - the most stressful part of this was figuring out who stays here and asking people to room, and asking them to pay for their part. good luck with yours!
omg! totally - was soooo hard, never could have done it site unseen. right after we checked out all the rooms aaron and i sat down and hashed it out for hours. hours and hours!! i see you're from the bay! woohooo! good luck to you, too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Can someone shed some light for me? How do villas work exactly? I've been looking quite a bit into Playa Fiesta...are they all the same sort of set up, or are most villas like a big beautiful house that you rent the whole thing and thats it? Do they have staff there/restaurants on site? How about wedding coordinator? Or do you bring in all of your own vendors?

Also, then, where do you have your ceremony? Can you do it at the villa & have to find a minister, or are you going off site?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarah2107 View Post
Hello!
Can someone shed some light for me? How do villas work exactly? I've been looking quite a bit into Playa Fiesta...are they all the same sort of set up, or are most villas like a big beautiful house that you rent the whole thing and thats it? Do they have staff there/restaurants on site? How about wedding coordinator? Or do you bring in all of your own vendors?
Also, then, where do you have your ceremony? Can you do it at the villa & have to find a minister, or are you going off site?

Thanks so much for your help!!!!
we looked into playa fiesta as well, and it would have been a great option - but not for us. they wanted too long of a minimum stay and too many guaranteed rooms. sad.gif i'm so glad it didn't work out because i personally think the villa route is going to be a much more unique, less "hotel-y" experience that fits in with our crowd of friends a bit more. PF is essentially a mini-all inclusive hotel (mini, because it's just all you can drink) and with a villa - you can think of it as your own hotel...tailor made to your specifications.

the villas are exactly as you thought - you rent the whole thing out and that's it! they come fully staffed and there is no need for a restaurant because the staff will cook to order (of course this is all arranged in advance). most would require you bring your own WC and vendor. many can accommodate a wedding on-site. we are staying in a villa along with 36 of our closest friends/family and having our wedding off-site at las caletas. all of our friends are totally stoked and can't wait to stay there!

there are soooo many villas to choose from but i'm partial to Villas in Vallarta (cuz we're staying there!!). they do host weddings here as well, BEAUTIFUL weddings because the setting is just right. you can see their wedding packages on their site. a friend of a friend got married there in december and shared her pix with me - they were amazing. there are a few other brides on this thread staying there, too.

don't know if this helps, but my suggestion to you is crunch the numbers, really explore your options with different villas and determine if you would rather have it all a tad bit easier at an all-inclusive type hotel or put a little more coordination into a villa wedding. you can't go wrong either way!

woah woah...sorry for the rambling...i've been studying for a ridiculous exam allllll night long and this is my first break shots.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss di View Post
we looked into playa fiesta as well, and it would have been a great option - but not for us. they wanted too long of a minimum stay and too many guaranteed rooms. sad.gif i'm so glad it didn't work out because i personally think the villa route is going to be a much more unique, less "hotel-y" experience that fits in with our crowd of friends a bit more. PF is essentially a mini-all inclusive hotel (mini, because it's just all you can drink) and with a villa - you can think of it as your own hotel...tailor made to your specifications.

the villas are exactly as you thought - you rent the whole thing out and that's it! they come fully staffed and there is no need for a restaurant because the staff will cook to order (of course this is all arranged in advance). most would require you bring your own WC and vendor. many can accommodate a wedding on-site. we are staying in a villa along with 36 of our closest friends/family and having our wedding off-site at las caletas. all of our friends are totally stoked and can't wait to stay there!

there are soooo many villas to choose from but i'm partial to Villas in Vallarta (cuz we're staying there!!). they do host weddings here as well, BEAUTIFUL weddings because the setting is just right. you can see their wedding packages on their site. a friend of a friend got married there in december and shared her pix with me - they were amazing. there are a few other brides on this thread staying there, too.

don't know if this helps, but my suggestion to you is crunch the numbers, really explore your options with different villas and determine if you would rather have it all a tad bit easier at an all-inclusive type hotel or put a little more coordination into a villa wedding. you can't go wrong either way!

woah woah...sorry for the rambling...i've been studying for a ridiculous exam allllll night long and this is my first break shots.gif
Thanks so much for your reply! That helps a lot. Its good to know there is staff, when I was looking thru them, it seemed LIke essentially just renting a person's house, so I wondered if it would be relaxing for people (since they have kitchens and stuff I thought wed be on our own for cooking meals and stuff!) I LIke the privacy idea for a wedding. Ill have to start looking more into villas, all of the "minimums" at PF are our biggest concern!! I def don't mind doing a little more coordinating/planning, I think that's half the fun!! (but probably the majority of the stress at the same time!) would you mind sharing picshuh.gif
Thanks!!

PS I hope this doesn't post all goofy, I'm on my phone on the elliptical machine!! Ah, multi-tasking at its finest :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsarah2107 View Post
Thanks so much for your reply! That helps a lot. Its good to know there is staff, when I was looking thru them, it seemed LIke essentially just renting a person's house, so I wondered if it would be relaxing for people (since they have kitchens and stuff I thought wed be on our own for cooking meals and stuff!) I LIke the privacy idea for a wedding. Ill have to start looking more into villas, all of the "minimums" at PF are our biggest concern!! I def don't mind doing a little more coordinating/planning, I think that's half the fun!! (but probably the majority of the stress at the same time!) would you mind sharing picshuh.gif
Thanks!!

PS I hope this doesn't post all goofy, I'm on my phone on the elliptical machine!! Ah, multi-tasking at its finest :)
ah, the elliptical. i must get back onto one of those before long...:) the villa is so much more than renting a person's home - but totally dependent upon what you choose. i would be happy to share pictures with you - for now, feel free to go to my wedding website, www.ducksandgoggles.com if you click on casa folk, you will see info, but we also made a little video tour and walked thru the property so our guests could see what they are getting themselves into. also, go ahead into the fotografias tab and you'll see a mexico album...there are pix of the casa there as well. in addition, i have a whole kodakgallery of pictures from the property that i can show you. i'll do some digging, when i first starting looking, one of the other brides sent me her kodakgallery link and she went to a few different spots. email me your email at ducksandgoggles@gmail.com and i'll send you some links and more info!!