Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBtoB View Post
Thanks Kristin! I am happy to take on this task. That way you can focus on your review. jk hehe smile72.gif I have the emails ready to go. There are 2 of them. I will be offline tonight. Heading to the Nuggets playoffs. But I will send it tomorrow or tonight if I am back on. :)
Thanks! It's probably much easier as you still have all of the info and I have to go hunting for it!

The review is coming along nicely...I'm away from work at a workshop over the next couple of days and plan on using my time at the workshop wisely to finish up my review. I'll have it up by Sunday!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
hello ladies!

Secondly, for those that already stayed at the lindo/maya or had there weddings there what did you think of the steakhouse vs. the italian (el fogon) restaurant - what food was better?!?!
Thanks!
We had our dinner at the Steakhouse as it was the most "private" option without being able to rent out a private restaurant. It was great, we had a complete area sectionned off for us and it truly felt like we had our own private room. We went with the steak option for the menu. Although lots of people really enjoyed it, many didn't as they don't cook it 'to order' so you just get what they give you. I had the chicken and it was awesome. If I could make any recommendation, it would be to go with the chicken instead of the steak.

We ate at the Italian restaurant a couple of times and the food was really good. It was probably our favourite a-la-carte. The only thing about the Italian restaurant is that there isn't really an area that you can have 'to yourself'.

I guess it comes down to what your priority is..do you want more of a private dinner or not. I would personally say that the food at the Italian El Fogon was the best but that's not saying that the Steakhouse food wasn't any good. If I were to go back and do it again, I'd do it at the steakhouse and order the chicken instead of the steak.

I hope this helps! I checked and I don't have a picture of the El Fogon, but I do have one of the Steakhouse. Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions and I'll try my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
We had our dinner at the Steakhouse as it was the most "private" option without being able to rent out a private restaurant. It was great, we had a complete area sectionned off for us and it truly felt like we had our own private room. We went with the steak option for the menu. Although lots of people really enjoyed it, many didn't as they don't cook it 'to order' so you just get what they give you. I had the chicken and it was awesome. If I could make any recommendation, it would be to go with the chicken instead of the steak.

We ate at the Italian restaurant a couple of times and the food was really good. It was probably our favourite a-la-carte. The only thing about the Italian restaurant is that there isn't really an area that you can have 'to yourself'.

I guess it comes down to what your priority is..do you want more of a private dinner or not. I would personally say that the food at the Italian El Fogon was the best but that's not saying that the Steakhouse food wasn't any good. If I were to go back and do it again, I'd do it at the steakhouse and order the chicken instead of the steak.

I hope this helps! I checked and I don't have a picture of the El Fogon, but I do have one of the Steakhouse. Let me know if I can answer any more of your questions and I'll try my best!
Ooh, very nice! I love the mini review! smile03.gif Thanks for the chicken rec.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post

Love it you give awesome info!!! Thanks a ton! We will have the entire restaurant to ourselves they are gonna make it a private event just for our group (since that's what we negotiated at the del mar for the brazilian restaurant). I am just scared about the decor. Some of these restaurants are over the top! I seen some pics of the steak house (that's the one with huge horns hanging from the cieling right)!??! I haven't seen any pics of this EL FOGON can you describe it? If you have any pics of the steak house, I would love to see them
I seen a pic of the french/gourmet and they have these crazy ass dolls somehow up in the ceiling balcony thingy (i don't do dolls yep that would freak me out all night with these things starring at me)!!!
So if any of you went to EL FOGON or the Steakhouse (El Rancho) or even the Cajun and have any pics or can describe what it looks like I'm all eyes ohhh and ears! my email is: dbellie1414@yahoo.com

Hey Iberostar gals!

I have been a little MIA since returning from our wedding at the Lindo, but I wanted to pop in and offer any assistance you might need if any of you are forced to move to the Lindo because of the closings.

People told me this before I left on the boards and I never believed it till we got there, but...the WCs will take care of EVERYTHING you ever wanted and more. If you can just have an idea of what you want- they will make it happen for you. I know it's easier said than done, but I just had to 'let it happen' and stop being bridezilla and it made everything SO MUCH EASIER. What you remember about your day will be the people and the moments, not the chair sashes or seating arrangements.

Araceli is actually no longer at the Lindo, but TONY is AMAZING!!! We had our ceremony on the beach, coctail hour at the Snake Pit in the Maya (which sounds weird but is a BEAUTIFUL indoor bar) and dinner at the Steakhouse (around the corner from the Snake Bar) and reception at the Plaza in the Shopping Center which was WONDERFUL. Everyone commented that it was so unique and was wonderful to dance under the stars. We hired DJ BOB who was WELL WORTH the money. The only thing I would have done differently is had the reception dinner at the Seafood instead of the Steakhouse. They are right next door to each other and have similar options for the group menu choices, but in my opinion, the Seafood IS SO MUCH PRETTIER!!!

If you have any questions for me please don't hesitate to email me at carollyn_e@hotmail.com.

Also, here are some pics: Carollyn Eberhard Mushro's Photos - Our Wedding | Facebook

Good luck to everyone!!!

Trevess,

Beautiful pictures! I love you had your reception outside!! I didn't even know that was an option! I bet you can't have dinner out there right, just in one of the restaurants? Also, did you think it was hot being outside? We are hoping to use the Tropical restaurant which I know is open air and I'm a little nervous about how hot it might get in June. Anybody know if they let you bring your own fans?

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbellie1414 View Post
Love it you give awesome info!!! Thanks a ton! We will have the entire restaurant to ourselves they are gonna make it a private event just for our group (since that's what we negotiated at the del mar for the brazilian restaurant). I am just scared about the decor. Some of these restaurants are over the top! I seen some pics of the steak house (that's the one with huge horns hanging from the cieling right)!??! I haven't seen any pics of this EL FOGON can you describe it? If you have any pics of the steak house, I would love to see them
I seen a pic of the french/gourmet and they have these crazy ass dolls somehow up in the ceiling balcony thingy (i don't do dolls yep that would freak me out all night with these things starring at me)!!!
So if any of you went to EL FOGON or the Steakhouse (El Rancho) or even the Cajun and have any pics or can describe what it looks like I'm all eyes ohhh and ears! my email is: dbellie1414@yahoo.com
I am totally with you...when I first saw the huge horns hanging from the ceiling in the pictures of the Steakhouse I thought that there was no way that I could have my wedding dinner there. The area of the Steakhouse where our wedding dinner was held didn't have the huge horns hanging from the ceiling, it just had little ones over the lights. And honestly, as concerned as I was with them, I honestly didn't notice them. I will look through my dinner pics and see if I have any that kind of show the room-I'll send them your way. I also have a pic of the steakhouse but it wasn't the area where our dinner was held (it is the one with the giant horns hanging!)

I'm trying my hardest to remember the decor in the Italian restaurant and as far as I can remember, there wasn't anything "over the top", it was really nice. I just asked my hubster and he agrees that it was pretty nice. Sorry, I don't have any pics of the Italian...that's a lie, I have 1 of us eating there but it isn't the greatest to show the room (i'll send it to ya' anyways).

Hi girls! I've been MIA on the forum lately due to a new position at work and trying to put the final details of the wedding together. I wanted to let you know that I had my wedding on Saturday at the Del Mar gazebo with the reception at the Tropical Restaurant, and I have some info you might find useful. We arrived last Tuesday around the time the whole swine flu panic started, and the Iberostar went from 97% full to 40% full and it's probably even less now. They laid off 1800 out of 3000 staff since so many people cancelled their trips. They're supposed to be laid off for 2 weeks, but it could be longer depending on if travel picks up. Sounds like everyone is still moving forward with their weddings, which is good since there is no swine flu down there. It's perfectly safe and blown out of proportion. We stayed at the Grand while our guests stayed at the Del Mar & Beach. Although it may seem like a huge hassle now, it might turn out better that you're getting upgraded to the Lindo/Maya - they're absolutely gorgeous! The Del Mar & Beach are beautiful too, but the Lindo/Maya and especially the Grand are much nicer. I'm sure they can offer you something comparable if not better than what the Del Mar offered. The gazebo at the shopping center is a bit smaller than the one at the Del Mar, but there is plenty of space for guests to sit surrounding it. The shopping center was dead when we went there so it might be a nice place for a private ceremony. I also saw the set up of a beach wedding at the Grand and it looked really elegant. If you can bargain with the WCs to let you upgrade to the Grand and have your wedding there, that would be awesome. The food at the Grand is really good. We ate at the surf & turf restaurant one night and it was fabulous. I haven't had time to post my review yet, but I definitely will. Although it probably won't be very useful since the Del Mar is closed for now. I have to say that Reyna was totally different in person than what I expected. She was willing to do whatever I wanted and she executed it perfectly. We had some issues with restaurant reservations earlier in the week and had a confrontation with her manager, Ivan (who is a total a**hole by the way), so I was worried the wedding would not go as I requested. BUT everything turned out better than I expected and it went off without a hitch! I used DJ Bob who was great, and Cecilia Dumas was my photographer, and I used Cecilia's new videographer. I haven't seen the pictures yet, but they were working their butts off trying to get good shots so I'm hopeful they will be good. The flowers even exceeded my expectations and I'd heard all kinds of bad things about those! If you girls have any questions in the meantime, feel free to email me at Stina168@aol.com. Good luck to everyone! I know you're stressed now, but it will all come together and be an amazing day so try not to worry too much!