HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

lmdels

Petals-Thanks for the info, I can't wait to see pics of your wedding, it looks like we are having around the same number of people! I asked if there was a schedule for the bands and Jacynthia said they don't have one, do you know if that has changed? We are struggling with what to do music and entertainment wise after the dinner.

Thanks!!

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmdels View Post
Petals - What day do you arrive in Jamaica? We get there on the 21st!! I am so excited I will get to see your wedding!!!!!!!

I'm glad to know we can set the tables up how we want becasue I really like the big square look, so everyone is together, I hope it works!!

For entertainment we are doing the steele drum band at the ceremony and we haven't decided for the reception.......either the dj or an ipod reception.
We arrive the same day! We will definitely run into each other although we leave for our Negril honeymoon the day of your wedding.

I'm hoping some of the April brides come back and post some reception pics for us to see. smile159.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLynnLong140 View Post
Petals-Thanks for the info, I can't wait to see pics of your wedding, it looks like we are having around the same number of people! I asked if there was a schedule for the bands and Jacynthia said they don't have one, do you know if that has changed? We are struggling with what to do music and entertainment wise after the dinner.

Thanks!!
This is the only entertainment schedule I've found, but this is only for the big stage/theatre, not the Infinity Lounge.

YouTube - Grand Palladium Jamaica Show Time At night

But have you seen this video yet? I love it-- he's got the soca music going and everything... . lol Sent it around to some friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_uS3-QW4k

I Will get in on the 21st as well!! I Will be leaving 28th for our honeymoon at iberostar grand in MoBay? I got a great rate from mobay

Limos if anyone is interested I'll post his number. I have Sent several emails about flowers and menu confermation? When do you have to give you flower request? Have any of you heard from jascynthia I have even called? I'm worry she may not be getting my messages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*petals*~ View Post
We arrive the same day! We will definitely run into each other although we leave for our Negril honeymoon the day of your wedding.

I'm hoping some of the April brides come back and post some reception pics for us to see. smile159.gif

This is the only entertainment schedule I've found, but this is only for the big stage/theatre, not the Infinity Lounge.

YouTube - Grand Palladium Jamaica Show Time At night

But have you seen this video yet? I love it-- he's got the soca music going and everything... . lol Sent it around to some friends!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC_uS3-QW4k
OMG that is so great!! I will have to send it out to all my guests!

I finally heard from Jascynthia tonight!!! I think thanks to my Travel Agent!! She called me and emailed me back!

Galiagirl - What day is your wedding?? Time is flying!! I still have so much to do!!!

Petals - Thanks for the video......I am so excited.......I can't wait to just be there!!

What is everbody doing for reception entertainment?? I don't know what to do, I want to just use our ipod, Jascynthia said it would be $150 for 3 hours to use their speakers/microphone, but will that be enough to get people up dancing?? So I'm thinking maybe I should just get the djhuh.gif??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyLynnLong140 View Post
OMG that is so great!! I will have to send it out to all my guests!
Quote:
Petals - Thanks for the video......I am so excited.......I can't wait to just be there!!
Awesome-- my friends loved that video too! lol

Quote:
I finally heard from Jascynthia tonight!!! I think thanks to my Travel Agent!! She called me and emailed me back!
This is very good news! Did you get a chance to confirm everything with her or get any new info? I am sending her my final numbers and amounts for each dish tomorrow, so hopefully I will hear from her too.

Quote:
What is everbody doing for reception entertainment?? I don't know what to do, I want to just use our ipod, Jascynthia said it would be $150 for 3 hours to use their speakers/microphone, but will that be enough to get people up dancing?? So I'm thinking maybe I should just get the djhuh.gif??
I think we're probably getting the DJ. How big is your group? I thought about the iPod but it's nice to have a DJ to change songs to go with the flow of the party... Plus I know I'd be the one over there at the iPod the entire time trying to change up the songs...

Hi Everyone,

I am about 2 months away from my wedding right now, and communication with Jascynthia seems to be nonexistent. I've wrote 3 emails with no response.

My major concern right now is regarding the music aspect for my reception. I have 80 people coming and we are renting out the Blue Lagoon. I want to do the DJ, but my fear is that they won't have the music I want. I want to hear your "typical" wedding songs (examples: Brown Eyed Girl, Sweet Caroline, Build me up Buttercup, Jimmy Buffett, Garth Brooks, Journey, etc.) Does anyone have any insight if the DJ plays this type of music, or is it more Jamaican type music?

If I don't go with the DJ, and decide to go with the ipod, I have to start working on it pretty fast in order to have it ready on time.

Thanks for you help!

AAARRRGGH! I FINALLY heard from Jascynthia, and she tells me that they have no lobster available as advertised in their Caribbean menu! Why not let people know that it's only available at certain times of year, or subject to availability, or SOMETHING! It's two weeks before my wedding and 80% of my guests chose that for their entree!!!

Petals - That sucks!!! You already printed menus to, right? You would think that she would have called you to let you know!!!! I emailed her my menu in Feb. and I just had to email it again because she didn't have it! I forgot to ask her do we get a dessert choice or is the wedding cake the dessert?? Does anyone know?

I did find out you can choose the kids meal when you arrive, she basicly said find out what they like best at the restaurants and she can order whatever. (chicken fingers, pizza, burgers and fries, lasanga....etc....)

For the centerpieces she said they use the flowers from the ceremony along with candles and colored water(huh.gif). So I am having about 40 guests and she said 9 centerpieces would be a good total amount with a u shaped table and the ceremony flowers will make 4 centerpieces. For the u shapped table she said the head table section of the "U" would seat 6-8 people.

Jascynthia said if you need to get a hold of her it is best to call her she said she is swampped with emails esp since all the Mexico brides are trying to re-book their weddings in Jamaica!!! She was very appologetic to taking so long to respond too...

I can't believe I will be in Jamaica 2 weeks from today!!!!!