ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexibride View Post

Maybride- if you don't mind me asking, I've been married before, do you know if I have to follow all of the old requirements with the birth certificate, etc.?
From what they told me...it seems as though if you have been married before you do have to do all the other things originally required. I would check with your WC just in case...I am certainly not a wealth of knowledge on this subject

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WOW! I'm so glad to hear that the wedding/reception packages are coming down!! I didn't know this, but am VERY excited about it! Very good to know!

As for package rates...we are using a travel agent, and she has some rooms and seats reserved for us, from Van BC at $2200/each! that included tax and is for the standard jr suite...but still pretty pricey!! So far only 5 rooms have been reserved, we have put down our deposits and the remaining isn't due until September so that is nice. IF the winter rates come in lower, then we will get a price adjustment. I'm hoping that they come down! but that doesn't sound like it's happening...

I can't wait to hear all the reviews that should be rolling in pretty soon!

Good luck to all of you that are almost there!! smile29.gif

Ok I went out and looked and I see the $25 is for addition people outside the number allowed per package and there is still a reception pp rate. BUT they are allowing receptions in the resturants in some of the packages! So if money gets tight that is an option.

Shannon, I had originally gone with the Classic package but now I want to change to the Luxury package- do you think they will let me change to the bigger package?

Oh my gosh I am so overwhelmed right now. I just got back to town from Seattle (my uncle had a heart attack) and I hadn't been keeping up with the posts. Its so crazy when you read so many and as you are reading you want to comment but you have to keep reading and then you lose track of all you want to say....

First off, Shay and Kriswim I can't believe you are leaving so soon, still wish I would get to see you when you are there. I leave in 2 1/2 weeks myself so trying to get as much done as possible at this time, its def crunch time. I e-mailed Zulma 10 days ago with a ton of questions and information and then resent the e-mail 2 days ago and still haven't heard back. We haven't chosen anything yet officially just have our own ideas of what we are planning on doing. We don't know about the package yet either and I got confused by all these posts because it sounded like you were saying everything was going up but yet then others said $25pp with the new rates which is over half of what we were quoted.

As far as the post about the 3 nights for $600 at The Royal is that for 2 people? That is way less expensive than what we are paying. We are paying that for 2 nights. maybe prices are finally coming down due to the economy but it sounds like for those of us already booked we are getting screwed on this end of things. NOt sure if I simply read it wrong.

Shay I can't believe that you got everything in one bag. I feel like we are going to have 10 bags!! between the ott bags and contents, fans, starfish, 2 wedding dresses, chair bows, fiance's suit etc. seems like we are going to have sooo much to carry. We are hoping to disperse some of it to other people who are travelling the day after we leave.

As far as the legal marriage thing. I have been running around like crazy researchig how to get the apostilles from our birth states and tranlation etc. I luckily avoided the $700 in fees that I was quoted to hire someone to do it for us but will be annoyed if it was all not necessary to do. You would think this is something they should tell their brides about since the website the WC told me about quoted me so much money. I just wish I knew what was accurate. Either way I now have them translated and apostilled.

Thats about it...so excited myself as its just coming up so quickly and we have 46 people and 2 kids confirmed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Ok I went out and looked and I see the $25 is for addition people outside the number allowed per package and there is still a reception pp rate. BUT they are allowing receptions in the resturants in some of the packages! So if money gets tight that is an option.

Shannon, I had originally gone with the Classic package but now I want to change to the Luxury package- do you think they will let me change to the bigger package?
Yah, like...in the original Luxury Package I was quoted on, there was no Reception meal AT ALL included...only the cold hors d'oeuvres...now...the HDs are still included, but so is a reception meal for up to 35 people (anyone over the 35 mark, is $25 pp if they are staying at the resort). All of the other packages below the Luxury state that the Reception is "Semi-Private, for 1 1/2 hours in a restaurant"...The Luxury Package now states that it is a "Private function for 3 hours up to 35 guests"...do you suppose that means it would still apply to someone like me who was arranging to have our reception on the beach?

I think I'm going to call my WC just to see if there is any reason we won't get the extras now included...I mean...technically....we're paying for them.

Also, I absolutely think if you're interested in spending more money...they definitely won't try to stop you! You still have lots of time too...so...it says specifically something along the lines of ... things must be booked one month in advance .... so...yah, go for it!

cheesy.gif

Hi there everyone! We came home from our wedding-moon late yesterday and I couldn't wait to post and say good luck to all of you leaving soon! You'll have a WONDERFUL time, I'm sure!

I'll work on getting a review done soon, but the AHR is Saturday and I'm all stressed all over again with those details!!! Feel free to PM me with any specific questions in the meantime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchuchuca View Post
Hi there everyone! We came home from our wedding-moon late yesterday and I couldn't wait to post and say good luck to all of you leaving soon! You'll have a WONDERFUL time, I'm sure!

I'll work on getting a review done soon, but the AHR is Saturday and I'm all stressed all over again with those details!!! Feel free to PM me with any specific questions in the meantime!
Hey Lady!

Everything went well?! Good luck with the AHR...I can't wait to hear all about it!

xoo