ROYAL PLAYA DEL CARMEN BRIDES: were kids allowed for the day? ...and other questions

hello! I am getting married at the royal next april 23, 2010. I chose the month of April because I read it is the driest month of the year with little rain. However, I've been checking the weather forecast the past week and for next week and it shows rain almost every day! Does anyone know how accurate these are? or if it rains -is it only for a short period of time? My ceremony and reception is on the beach, i can't imagine what i would do if it happened to rain the day of the wedding! Is anyone else worried about it raining?

Thanks!

Adriana

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best of luck Shay in the next few weeks! :)

I noticed the pricing for trip packages are starting to come out for January 2010. I am disappointed the prices are really high! I haven't actually seen anything for the Royal yet but everything in Mayan is higher. For example the sister resort, the Gran Porto Real, for January 2009 was averaging $1300-$1500 CAD. For January 2010 they are asking $1900-$2100 CAD.

I can't imagine how much the Royal will cost. Any idea why the prices are so high for January 2010. Historically January has been one of the cheaper times to go outside Hurricane season.

EmenGeeRoxx-

I am wondering if you are seeing the higher "rack rates" for January. When I called the resort a few weeks ago, I was told that prices start off at the higher rate (the rack rate) and then we should be seeing the lower rates sometime in May - no guarantees, but typical trending. Not sure what you are seeing or where you found them. I too am getting married in jan and was also under the assumption that prices should be down as long as it is after the New Year and before Presidents Day. Another FYI I got when I called was the early bookings get 10-15% discount (as long as you book by Aug or Sept).

I really hope prices come down, but maybe we should wait a couple more weeks before over-analyzing it...hmmmm.

Yes that is what I am hoping. I just got worried because I have been watching the prices/trends for this past year and didn't see the consistency once 2k10 hit.

I want to get my invitations out asap as well so I am hoping the pricing settles downward soon. I have been using January 2009 pricing as a barometer for my guests so they will sh!t if they see the current January 2010 prices.

I am seeing this info on the typical travel sites in Canada (tripcentral, selloffvacations, etc).

I guess I will wait a bit longer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerazo View Post
hello! I am getting married at the royal next april 23, 2010. I chose the month of April because I read it is the driest month of the year with little rain. However, I've been checking the weather forecast the past week and for next week and it shows rain almost every day! Does anyone know how accurate these are? or if it rains -is it only for a short period of time? My ceremony and reception is on the beach, i can't imagine what i would do if it happened to rain the day of the wedding! Is anyone else worried about it raining?

Thanks!
Adriana
Adriana,

I was also worried and checked the weather before we left and it said it was going to rain while we were there, but we did not have a drop of rain the whole time we were there. I don't think the forecasts are too reliable.

I agree don't stalk weather.com!!

Shay - I leave in 6 days!!!!! omg! I haven't even started packing (tonight i will though!)

And i just realized that I haven't done my wedding programs yet! eek - need to get on that - anyone have any good verbage?? The ceremony is so short i don't know what to put on it!! haha!

I am stressing - but only about things that I have to do - nothing to do with the resort - Michelle has been WONDERFUL! I love her! Oh! and i found out that there is only ONE other wedding that day and its at 1pm! WHOO-HOO!! i will have the whole place to my self! yipeeeeeeee!

We are staying at the Gran so no wifi in the rooms, but its in the lobby - knowing my FI he will be online everyday - so I plan to do at least one post while I am there! :-)

Let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them!

Shay let me know if you have any last minute questions before you leave - and I will see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to have to figure out how to meet up and when!!!!!

Adriana,

I'am tenatively considering April 26, 2010 for my wedding (it may change depending on guests schedules & prices), maybe we will be there at the same time! I was in Cancun last year at the end of April and the weather was AMAZING, only rained for 15 min., that is the great thing about rain there usually it doesn't last very long.

Kim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Stephanie~ View Post
Allison, so the rates will go up after August? Does that only pertain to January Travel or later in 2010? I'm looking for the best deal for June 2010.
So I am talking about Jan timeframe, not sure for June 2010. My assumption would be that 8-9 months ahead of time prices for your timeframe come out. Then there is probably some sort of discount for early bookings if you are going through the hotel and book within a few months. If you are using a travel agent, prices will probably be different due to what is included in packages. From there prices go up and go down, as we see if it is nearing the time to fill the hotel, deals will be offered if there is availability. I wouldn't take this risk. I know this is probably a lot of what you already know - everything in planning a DW is uncertain - including prices. If I were you I would keep my eyes out for deals once you are in the 7-8 month timeframe - hedge your bets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmenGeeRoxx View Post
Yes that is what I am hoping. I just got worried because I have been watching the prices/trends for this past year and didn't see the consistency once 2k10 hit.

I want to get my invitations out asap as well so I am hoping the pricing settles downward soon. I have been using January 2009 pricing as a barometer for my guests so they will sh!t if they see the current January 2010 prices.

I am seeing this info on the typical travel sites in Canada (tripcentral, selloffvacations, etc).

I guess I will wait a bit longer!
Why don't you call the Royal US Office? Ask them what their prices are & what they are forecasting? The other option is NWA trip site. Just a thought. Jan 09 pricing + 10% is a gauge to use when giving pricing to your guests.

So what we are doing is instead of invitations is printing out a letter which explains the situation. We are letting our guests know around May where prices are expected to sit for 4 day, 5 day & 6 day packages at both the Gran and Royal. We are sending this out in May with prices at this time. I too am hoping everything will come down - it should!!! We are telling our guests different ways to book and timeframes we recommend booking by. Then later in the year we will send invites (almost serving as a reminder for those who have not booked by September-ish). Just a thought for how to handle things since we don't know prices and we want our guests to get the best deal they can :)

All frustrating, but it will work out!!!smile03.gif