Champagne toast question

Tammy,

A regular bottle of wine holds 750ml (I would tell you that's the regular champagne bottle size too except we drank all of ours so I can't check the bottle, but I think they're the same). We usually count about 4 glasses to a bottle. Sooo, for a champagne (or sparkling wine) toast for 8, you will need 2 regular size bottles. The 200ml bottles are the "personal" or "individual" size bottles. 200 ml is only ever slightly over 6 fluid ounces, enough for 2 glasses. You should definitely try to taste the different champagnes or sparkling wines and see what tastes better to you. What's more expensive is not necessarily what you'll like best. You can also look at some of the italian sparkling wines which are spumantes.

-V-

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang..

I just don't type fast enough (actually I get distracted and don't finish my posts until someone else has already posted the same thing!!!). 2 full size bottles should give you 8 "full" champagne glasses of average size. Are you allowed to bring in your own champagne for them to serve or do you have to stick to their list? Even with a corkage fee, you might be better off buying the champagne on your own.

-V-

PS. Completely unrelated: Christa, what are your favorite wineries in your area? We just moved to the bay area and have started visiting the Santa Cruz mountains wineries.

Thanks V and Christa. hmm, I'll have to check if our group normally drinks champagne, cause if not, I bet I can get away with one bottle, so that I don't waste a bunch. I know personally cain and I don't drink champagne and I'm pretty sure neither do Marty or Melissa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calyx6 View Post
Dang..

I just don't type fast enough (actually I get distracted and don't finish my posts until someone else has already posted the same thing!!!). 2 full size bottles should give you 8 "full" champagne glasses of average size. Are you allowed to bring in your own champagne for them to serve or do you have to stick to their list? Even with a corkage fee, you might be better off buying the champagne on your own.

-V-

PS. Completely unrelated: Christa, what are your favorite wineries in your area? We just moved to the bay area and have started visiting the Santa Cruz mountains wineries.
Hahaha, well at least you added credibility to my statements!

So, oh my goodness, where to start? We actually have some amazing wineries down here in my neck of the woods (Monterey County). Here's a link to a complete listing Monterey Winery Directory

Of those, my fav's are Estancia, Paraiso, Delicato, Hahn/Smith & Hook, and San Saba.

Paso Robles is a great weekend trip if you're up for that - and they have a whole bunch of fun, interesting, and great wineries. Before I got married my MOH took me down there & we did the Wine Trolley - so much fun.

Tammy,

If you have too much champagne, you could always make mimosas with the extra! Actually, before you stretch a bottle for 8 toasts, you may want to look at the glasses they'll be providing for you and see how much they hold. I would be concerned that the glasses will look too empty for toasting. If you're truly concerned about wasting champagne, then you may want to go with a cheaper sparkling wine as opposed to a champagne that's "quality." That way, if there's a lot extra leftover you won't feel as guilty.

-V-

PS. Christa, thanks for the link and suggestions!

Thanks goodness those are pesos and not dollars!cheers.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMMYM View Post
Umm I don't know I think I had wine like twice and I have no idea what it was.. lol Irma at the Sheraton recommended "CHAMPAGNE POMERY POP FRANCE" she said "Cost $65 usd + + per bottle (200ml) Or the regular size $ 120 usd + + per bottle" not sure what the difference in the two bottles are, we need 8 glasses for the toast, how do I know which one to get?

Here is part of the list she sent me..

Louis Roederer CristalBrutReims1995$7,800.00

Moët & Chandon Cuvee Dom Perignon BrutEpernay1996$3,250.00

Perrier Jouët Belle EpoqueBrutEpernay1996$2,450.00

Laurent Perriere Cuvee RoseBrutEpernayNV$2,050.00

Moet & Chadon Brut RoseNV$1,400.00

Veuve Clicquot PosardinBrutReimsNV$1,250.00

Moët & ChandonBrut ImperialEpernayNV$1,250.00

Moët & Chandon Nectar ImperialDemi SecEpernayNV$1,250.00

A. ThienotReimsNV$950.00

SPARKLING WINE / VINOS ESPUMOSOS

USA

Royal Cuvee Gloria FerrerBrutCarneros, California1996$700.00

Beringer White Zinfandel SparklingDemi secCaliforniaNV$480.00

Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc de BlancsBrutWashingtonNV$450.00

Tammy, I just got a quote back from the Mumm winery and they give a 30% discount for wedding orders, through their website the one I like is $20, plus the 30% of course that is for a whole case, but even going to costco could be cheaper than what your resort is charging you.