Iberostar Brides....POST HERE!

Hey girls...

I know that I have not been very active on here lately but life has been very hectic these past couple of weeks. My neice-flowergirl-was hospitalized for a week, so wedding planning/preparation was put on hold. She was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease and is thankfully doing better and will be able to make the trip with us to Mexico!

I am just getting ready to head to the airport, our limo comes in just over an hour. I will make sure to post lots of pics and a review as soon as I can when I get back!

We decided to go with the lounge decorations for the convention centre so I will let you know if its worth it!

Bye!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscoecrown View Post
Hey Carla!!! I can't believe your wedding is almost here. Time really flew by!!
Are you all set... packed & ready to go? Did you decide on your reception location? Are you going with the lounge set-up? I know, I know... lots of questions.
Briscoecrown - I just noticed that you are getting married at the Maya just 10 days before me! I hope your planning is going well. I am trying to fill out the wedding details questionnaire and there's so many decisions!

Ryansgirl -- Best of luck and most importantly, ENJOY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrae99 View Post
Briscoecrown - I just noticed that you are getting married at the Maya just 10 days before me! I hope your planning is going well. I am trying to fill out the wedding details questionnaire and there's so many decisions!
Hey Kimrae99 -- Looks like we'll just miss each other. I'll be leaving Mexico on 6/10.

My planning is coming along. I have spurts. One week I'm in full wedding mode, the next I don't want to be bothered. This weekend I'm tying ribbons on raffia fans. Hopefully, I can stay focused long enough to finish up.

I started filling out the wedding details with the little information I had and quickly got annoyed! LOL There are just so many things I'm still undecided about. So, needless to say, I have a lot of blanks!! I couldn't even fill out something as simple as the number of guests because I still have stragglers telling us that they're coming (BUT, haven't booked anything!). Go figure! The WC told me I should submit it a month before the wedding. So you know what that means......... She'll get it on May 5th at 11:59pm! HA!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscoecrown View Post
Ryansgirl -- Best of luck and most importantly, ENJOY!!!

Hey Kimrae99 -- Looks like we'll just miss each other. I'll be leaving Mexico on 6/10.

My planning is coming along. I have spurts. One week I'm in full wedding mode, the next I don't want to be bothered. This weekend I'm tying ribbons on raffia fans. Hopefully, I can stay focused long enough to finish up.

I started filling out the wedding details with the little information I had and quickly got annoyed! LOL There are just so many things I'm still undecided about. So, needless to say, I have a lot of blanks!! I couldn't even fill out something as simple as the number of guests because I still have stragglers telling us that they're coming (BUT, haven't booked anything!). Go figure! The WC told me I should submit it a month before the wedding. So you know what that means......... She'll get it on May 5th at 11:59pm! HA!!
We are arriving on 6/8 so maybe we'll run into each other!

I can't believe you're already tying ribbons on the fans. I still need to get mine! So much to do. Sounds like you're coming along great though! I know what you mean about the stragglers. We have people that are still undecided, so now I'm trying to estimate our guests which makes planning even more fun! LOL I'm glad to know I have until May 15th to get the wedding details sheet submitted!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannie View Post
Hi!

I know! It is so soon. Your counter is actually very helpful to me, since I was feeling like it was still about 5 months away!!! I am a very low-maintenance bride, so I have not really done anything, except I have everything I am going to wear that day.

How is your planning going? Have you heard from the WCs?

Jeannie
Hi Jeannie,

I am glad the counter helps you, it really was a wake up call for me. I thought I had more time too!

Planning is going well, I got the list to fill out from the WC's and I too got overwhelmed (saw that someone else did too) I started filling it out and got through most things, but still have blanks. Need to figure out the flowers. We are doing dinner at the Steakhouse and went with the Steak. Although we are going to do placecards for those non meat eaters (*thanks Michelle! )How about you? How is your planning? Low maintenance is great! I am somewhere in the middle. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan's girl View Post
Hey girls...

I know that I have not been very active on here lately but life has been very hectic these past couple of weeks. My neice-flowergirl-was hospitalized for a week, so wedding planning/preparation was put on hold. She was diagnosed with Kawasaki disease and is thankfully doing better and will be able to make the trip with us to Mexico!

I am just getting ready to head to the airport, our limo comes in just over an hour. I will make sure to post lots of pics and a review as soon as I can when I get back!

We decided to go with the lounge decorations for the convention centre so I will let you know if its worth it!

Bye!
Congrats Ryan's Girl! Have a great trip and amazing wedding! Yay for you!!!smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindoBride2009 View Post
Thanks everyone for the good wishes, I'm getting very excited. I will definitely post a review and pics when I get back.

BBtoB... We have 33 coming, 30 of us are on the same flight so it should be a fun trip down :) We chose the Steakhouse, which one are you thinking of going with?

Carollyn... YGM!

briscoecrown... I haven't even begun to pack, I am a terrible procrastinator!! We are doing the Vitrales room, I thought about the lounge set-up, but it seemed like a lot of $$ for just a couple of hours so I decided to skip it. It's so nice though!! Are you thinking of using it?
Good luck and Congrat LindoBride! We have about 30 coming too and are also going with the Steakhouse. We went with the Steak but are going with placeacrds for those non meat eaters. Which did you go with? Wow only a few days to go! We are doing the Los Vitrales room 2. smile03.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimrae99 View Post
We are arriving on 6/8 so maybe we'll run into each other!

I can't believe you're already tying ribbons on the fans. I still need to get mine! So much to do. Sounds like you're coming along great though! I know what you mean about the stragglers. We have people that are still undecided, so now I'm trying to estimate our guests which makes planning even more fun! LOL I'm glad to know I have until May 15th to get the wedding details sheet submitted!!!
Cool!! I'm checking out of the Maya on the 7th, then heading over to the Grand. I'll be back on the 8th to say goodbye to my last guests, so I'll be roaming around.

I surprised myself with the fans. I tend to procrastinate, so I wanted to tackle as many tasks as I could before May. If things start to pile up, I'll get discouraged and start convincing myself not to do anything.

To be quite frank, the stragglers are a pain in the @$$!!! I just wish they would tell me if they're coming or not. It would make things SO much easier. I don't want to hound people or seem like I'm begging them to come. I just want them to RSVP... a simple yes or no.

At this point, I decided to guesstimate 70 guests. That's what I'm preparing for. If it turns out to be a little more, I'll be sure they get a favor but I can't guarantee a welcome bag with the same goodies the early bookers will get.

I just don't understand how people can just "show-up." I would think people would be considerate and realize this is an overseas trip, not a local reception hall. Sorry ladies... I had to vent. As you can see, this is a 'hot' topic for me.