Has anyone used Moments that Matter Photography??

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
wow! $500? that's seriously ridiculous! if that was the case i'd definitely have gone with the full day package. i am getting the half day ($1300 for 5 hrs) and have to pay for 2 passes @ $55 each, so it's costing me $1410 total. i wish i could afford the full day, but it was a stretch for us to hire an outside photographer at all.

i am terrified of not liking my photos because my fiance didn't want to hire any outside photographer and i just insisted. if they aren't great he'll be all "i told you so" and i just can't have that! LOL! he is not a picture person at all and not very affectionate (and neither of us are model types, lol) so i'm afraid they are just not going to be romantic and beautiful like others i've seen on the forum. if MTM can make US look great in pics, then they'll have passed the true test! LOL
Yeah.... $500! Ridiculous is exactly right! I would have only gone for the half day package except that by the time we add on the $500 fee and the extra for the TTD (which is cheaper if you book the full package), it was only a matter of a few hundred dollars difference. So we're splurging for the full package which I almost feel bad about doing as our group is really small so it seems like overkill, but I'm a picture freak so it's the only thing I'm really going overboard with.

Don't worry about your pictures!! I'm sure they'll come out just how you want them! FI and I are not photogenic at ALL, so I'm banking on MTM to do their magic with us, and boy do they have their work cut out for them! But I'm confident that I will love them! Can't wait to see yours!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki07 View Post
Yeah.... $500! Ridiculous is exactly right! I would have only gone for the half day package except that by the time we add on the $500 fee and the extra for the TTD (which is cheaper if you book the full package), it was only a matter of a few hundred dollars difference. So we're splurging for the full package which I almost feel bad about doing as our group is really small so it seems like overkill, but I'm a picture freak so it's the only thing I'm really going overboard with.

Don't worry about your pictures!! I'm sure they'll come out just how you want them! FI and I are not photogenic at ALL, so I'm banking on MTM to do their magic with us, and boy do they have their work cut out for them! But I'm confident that I will love them! Can't wait to see yours!
OMG Nikki07!! I am the same boat as you! We are having a small wedding as well but I did have to splurge a little on my pictures. I'm also having MTM do my pics in May. I'm really nervous on the outcome. My FI and I will have to do our TTD in different outfits besides our wedding outfits because we are booking them last minute and they were booked the day after so they are going to come a day or two before the actual wedding (they are very accomodating-THANK GOD FOR THAT!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki07 View Post

hey Nikki, we are not photogentic at all either! But they seem like they can work some magic ;-)

The $500 is WAY too much. I was actually looking at El Dorado Royale but they charged that and so that made up my mind really fast!

I hope it all works out for ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayla911 View Post
hey Nikki, we are not photogentic at all either! But they seem like they can work some magic ;-)
It was funny, when I was looking for pictures of us to put on our wedding website I was thinking "WTF? They're all horrible!" lol... we are always either making goofy faces or somthing silly and almost ALL of them had us holding up a bottle of beer with a smoke in our hand. lol. Apparently we only take pictues together when we're drinking around a camp fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicoBeachBride2010 View Post
Hey Girls...

Thanks for this thread! I have been trying to get a hold of Lori and Lincoln because I really want to book them for my wedding but I got an email saying they were out of town until the 10th. Anyone know about how long I can expect to wait to hear back from them? I think they do amazing work! Anyone have packages from them that you could post?
We are using them for our wedding April 10th at the Dream Tulum. They have been awesome when it comes to replying to emails so I'm sure as soon as they have access to email they will respond. We are really looking forward to working with them!

Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mummergirl View Post
i AM getting excited! it seems unreal that it's little more than 2 months away ... and *of course* i will post the pics ... i know how photo-hungry all the girls on the forum are! i wish there were a few people on the forum using them before me, but sadly i think i only found one? i am terrified of not liking my photos because my fiance didn't want to hire any outside photographer and i just insisted. if they aren't great he'll be all "i told you so" and i just can't have that! LOL! he is not a picture person at all and not very affectionate (and neither of us are model types, lol) so i'm afraid they are just not going to be romantic and beautiful like others i've seen on the forum. if MTM can make US look great in pics, then they'll have passed the true test! LOL
Luckily my FI understands how important the photos are to me and won't think twice about telling me no. When I told him I wanted to hire Elizabeth Medna he said he would get a 2nd job to pay for her! I was like, ok, I can't let you do that!! But being that I feel like I am not at all photogentic but dying to have breathtaking pictures, the photos/photographer are my biggest worries and what I am willing to spend the most on. I feel like I will be telling the photographer to stop making me look fat and that there better not be any double chin pictures!

I would say don't worry, your photos will be great (and they will be) but you will still worry- just like I am! You have a very beautiful smile and it seems to me that you just light up from looking at your siggy pic. I think your pictures will be great!

Nikki- I had to laugh at your post, when I went looking for photos I too could not find any to use for our website! We have drinking pictures, bad pictures, or pictures taken by ourselves while holding the camera out in front of us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph158 View Post
I would say don't worry, your photos will be great (and they will be) but you will still worry- just like I am! You have a very beautiful smile and it seems to me that you just light up from looking at your siggy pic. I think your pictures will be great!
haha so true, i will still worry! and aww thanks for the compliments ... but i'm all drunk and sweaty in that siggy pic, so that might explain the "lit up" smile LOL! i'll probably be both drunk and sweaty on my wedding day as well, so maybe it will all work out! LMAO!

I have MTM booked for my wedding in July. I saw a post on here about them coving the resorts outside vendor fees if you go with the full day package. This made me curious since I have the full day package, but when I checked with them about this they said they did that in the beginning and have sinced stopped. So for anyone booking them now the outside vendor fees are not included.

Hmmmm... that's unfortunate that they stopped covering the fees. If that would have been the case for me I would have been stuck with the resort photographer and wouldn't have been able to afford booking them.

How many of you ladies are getting albums through them now that they offer them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise L View Post
We are using them for our wedding April 10th at the Dream Tulum. They have been awesome when it comes to replying to emails so I'm sure as soon as they have access to email they will respond. We are really looking forward to working with them!

Good Luck!
Hey Denise, your wedding day is fast approaching. You must be so excited!

Are you doing a TTD?

Please let us know how the photography goes. I'm sure we'd all love to see your pics.

Congrats & Good Luck :)