I am trying to become a vendor. I have been on this forum for over a month and have been talking to a few people. Some don't respond and some do. But I did PM Tammy over the weekend and I still have not heard back. Am I also need to have a certain amount of posts or points to email Tammy also. I feel that no matter where or who I talk to no one wants to help me or wants to talk to me to even gain points. I would really like to know what I am doing wrong. I thought I was doing everything by the rules and now I'm reading about so many brides asking about services that i do and I can't respond to them. So if someone can please help. Oh and I did read the vendor rules time and time again, there is nothing in there that explains what I should do at this time. I really do want to be a part of this forum. My girlfriend Shannon got me on here cause she said it was really fun and I could meet new friends. Also with the small idea that I could help other brides with my services like I did with Shannon's wedding. I also already helped 3 brides that belong to this forum. Which have said they really like my work and couldn't wait to show the other girls. Thank you in advance for anyone to reply back to me.

Shana Merlcrybaby2.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana1027 View Post
I am trying to become a vendor. I have been on this forum for over a month and have been talking to a few people. Some don't respond and some do. But I did PM Tammy over the weekend and I still have not heard back. Am I also need to have a certain amount of posts or points to email Tammy also. I feel that no matter where or who I talk to no one wants to help me or wants to talk to me to even gain points. I would really like to know what I am doing wrong. I thought I was doing everything by the rules and now I'm reading about so many brides asking about services that i do and I can't respond to them. So if someone can please help. Oh and I did read the vendor rules time and time again, there is nothing in there that explains what I should do at this time. I really do want to be a part of this forum. My girlfriend Shannon got me on here cause she said it was really fun and I could meet new friends. Also with the small idea that I could help other brides with my services like I did with Shannon's wedding. I also already helped 3 brides that belong to this forum. Which have said they really like my work and couldn't wait to show the other girls. Thank you in advance for anyone to reply back to me.

Shana Merlcrybaby2.gif
Shana,

As we discussed before, you can make a signature (click on the FAQ in my signature for directions / explantion) and post your business information in that. As you participate in the forum and brides see your signature, if they want to contact you about your business - they will PM you or email/call you at the contact info you have in your signature.

As for gaining points, there are numerous threads in the FAQ that explain points but the only way to gain them is to post and participate - you only have 10 posts - that is not many at all and not really enough to earn points.

Good Luck!
Alyssa

Alyssa,

I know that me and you discussed the whole siggy thing before. And I did send you a pm about a week ago asking how I can ask the vendors for advice on making logos that they used for there siggy's. But i did not hear back from you. But my question was how to become a vendor. It does say to pm Tammy. But not to if I'm under a month of being on here. It's been over a month. I do understand how to gain points. My other question was do I need a certain amount of points to become a vendor.

Shana

Quote:
Alyssa,

I know that me and you discussed the whole siggy thing before. And I did send you a pm about a week ago asking how I can ask the vendors for advice on making logos that they used for there siggy's. But i did not hear back from you. But my question was how to become a vendor. It does say to pm Tammy. But not to if I'm under a month of being on here. It's been over a month. I do understand how to gain points. My other question was do I need a certain amount of points to become a vendor.

Shana
Shana,

i never got that PM?? ?? I did get the previous ones and then you emailed me - that is the last contact I got.

As for making a siggy - just re-read the multiple threads about how to make a siggy - all the details are there!

As for becoming a Vendor to post a Vendor thread - as I told you before - you need to be an 'active' member for a while - participating for many months and with at least 100 posts and even then it is at Tammy Host's DISCRETION - the best advice I can give you is to just participate in the forum and please don't continually PM Tammy asking to be approved when your membership is so new - she gets hundreds of PM's every day and there are much more established vendors in line to post Vendor threads.

i know some of this can be confusing but hopefully if you re-read the multiple FAQ posts it will start to make sense.

Alyssa

Alyssa,

Thank you, that's all I needed to know. A couple months and 100's of posts. Now that gives me a better idea. Just for FYI maybe somebody should change that saying in the vendor part. Where it says to not pm Tammy if you have been a vendor for less then a month. That maybe misleading. It sounds like it's ok to become a vendor in the second month. I know for my self if it said that you will only be considered to be a vendor after a few months of being a part of the forum and your points will have to be over a few hundred. Then maybe there wouldn't be any issues with becoming a vendor. I know I wouldn't of been so out of my mind for the past three days wondering why she wasn't getting back to me, If I new that info from the start.

Shana

Quote:
Alyssa,

Thank you, that's all I needed to know. A couple months and 100's of posts. Now that gives me a better idea. Just for FYI maybe somebody should change that saying in the vendor part. Where it says to not pm Tammy if you have been a vendor for less then a month. That maybe misleading. It sounds like it's ok to become a vendor in the second month. I know for my self if it said that you will only be considered to be a vendor after a few months of being a part of the forum and your points will have to be over a few hundred. Then maybe there wouldn't be any issues with becoming a vendor. I know I wouldn't of been so out of my mind for the past three days wondering why she wasn't getting back to me, If I new that info from the start.

Shana
Shana,

here is the text from the Vendor marketplace...

"Vendor Marketplace Vendors: This is the place for more active members to advertise yourself. You MUST be an ACTIVE member in good standing with the forum to even be considered. You must PM the Host to get approval before you post here. Do not PM me if you have been a member for less than a month as I will not respond ."

and here is the text from the Vendor Rules...

3. Vendors Marketplace: is a place for ACTIVE, more long standing members of the forum to advertise. You must have a minimum of 100 posts. If you would like tobe considered to advertise in the "Vendors Marketplace" please contact the Host (me).

To clarify, you don't need to do anything special to BECOME a vendor. You are a vendor. You can put in a siggy that meets the forum's requirement at any time. You can respond to threads offering advice and tips in your area of expertise at any time. What you can't do is advertise or post in the Vendor Marketplace until you have approval. But there is so much you can do, of course as long as you follow the rules, which it sounds like you've taken the time to read.