Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Hello Ladies,

I'm getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach on May 20, 2009. I noticed Jenn's date is in May also - what week will you be there Jenn?

There are some previous posts from others, but really, there is not much info available about weddings at this resort. As everyone seems to say, don't worry it will all work out.

Looking forward to sharing any info I find!

Carina

• 4 weeks later...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carina View Post
Hello Ladies,

I'm getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach on May 20, 2009. I noticed Jenn's date is in May also - what week will you be there Jenn?

There are some previous posts from others, but really, there is not much info available about weddings at this resort. As everyone seems to say, don't worry it will all work out.

Looking forward to sharing any info I find!

Carina
I'm leaving May 2nd (exactly 1 month from today!!!) and our wedding date is May 6th. I don't have much information yet from Sandy. We are basically eloping as only our parents and daughter are coming with us so planning is pretty minimal. I'm getting super excited though! We hired Brian Designs to photograph our wedding as the Iberostar photographer is way too expensive and Brian comes highly recommended. Other than that, we are just using the basic wedding package offered by the resort. I am getting my first alterations on my dress this Saturday so it is all coming together.

I will be sure to post when I come back every little details so all you future Iberostar brides can get a sneek peek at what you are in for! I really appreciated having PhillyGal as a sounding board!

Hey Irishfrog ... where'd you get that name?? Yes, you must be getting excited!! I am leaving 2 weeks after you and getting married 2 weeks after you!! I asked Sandy to send me more info and she sent me a kind of questionnaire called "Wedding Details" that basically asks where you want to have the ceremony, what upgrades you would like. But my understanding is that you can basically arrange all of that once you are there. I am not really going to do too much extra except having a bar set up during dinner. I am bringing decorations of my own to decorate the tables with.

How did you hear about the photographer? Is he located in Jamaica and does he have a website? I would definitely consider using him as the packages the hotel outlines are over-priced.

I'm going for my first fitting this Saturday too!! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishfrog View Post
We hired Brian Designs to photograph our wedding as the Iberostar photographer is way too expensive and Brian comes highly recommended.
Irishfrog, did Brian send you any pricing info? His website says packages start at $1500 but I'm wondering what that covers and what some of his other packages are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles8300 View Post
Hey ladies! My FI and I just booked to go to the Iberostar Rose Hall Grand for 3 nights April 16-19. So, if there is anything you girls want me to find out I would be more than happy to. I will take TONS of pics of the entire complex, it's so frustrating trying to figure all of this out with out going there...I convinced FI to take me there for my birthday! Right now we are torn betweent the resort we had booked (which is a brand new small 30 room resort in Negril) and Iberostar. Way more people have RSVP as Yes than we thought & that resort could not hold them all.
Hi, Sparkles. It's awesome that you have an opportunity to go to the resort prior to your wedding! I was supposed to go with one of my BFF's the weekend after you are going, but I don't think that it's going to work out. frown.gif
Anyway, I'm really excited about the Iberostar Rose Hall. I admit that I can be a bit of a hotel snob and as a result I have over-analyzed every resort in Jamaica, Mexico, and The Dominican Republic. I have finally settled on Iberostar Rose Hall. I've heard really good things about the staff, resort, and beach.
I like the proximity to the airport, the fact that they allow children, but there aren't Sesame Street characters everywhere. I love the fact that the resort is new and has more of a modern flair than other resorts in Jamaica.
I finally, after six months of research, set my date. August 14, 2009.
I haven't found very many wedding pictures that were taken of weddings there. Have you run accross any? I was also wondering if you have been successful at negotiating lower prices?
I'm just getting started so any info. that you would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
- Mary

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ladies,

I'm between two resorts in Rose Hall. The Hilton Rose Hall Resort and Iberostar. After seeing the menu prices at RHR, I'm looking for a comparison between the two. Does anyone have any advice to give about why you ultimately chose Iberostar? Choosing a location can be so frustrating.