Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather0618 View Post
Has anyone asked if a guest/friend can officiate a symbolic ceremony? We're not doing an official ceremony and would prefer no religious undertones. We have two guests coming who officiate marraige ceremonies in the US and both are very close to us and it would be so special for one of them to do it. Since it won't be official, do you know if the resort allows it?
I think they might allow it, we are having the symbolic and I asked if our minister could do a coin blessing. I was told that the minister would not but we could get a guest to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper55 View Post
Congrats on getting everything settled! I got a different story from Tiffany - she didn't mention that we'd need to pay in full before we could be confirmed for anything. She did say that she wouldn't be able to request anything (venue of reception, food, etc) until 3 months from our date (wedding on 5/24). So, I've been patiently waiting... I think its crazy that we would have to pay in full before they will confirm where your ceremony or reception will be held! I'm trying not to get frustrated, but its kind of hard not to.

Did Tiffany mention how soon after you'd receive confirmations? Would you mind PM'ing me your detail sheet/budget - I'm wondering how much the "details" will add up to.

Thanks!!
I think it's unfortunate how inconsistent they are, I don't think it's fair that they will let some brides pay ahead of time, but not others. (no offense meant to you Tryce by any means, I think it's great they let you get everything settled!). But when I tried to start getting my details settled, I was told I had to wait. And then they have been so slow getting any type of quote. Now I'm less than two weeks from having to pay a large sum and I still do not have all the info I need. And if I send more than one email a day (like if I forget to ask a question, or if she doesn't read the right email) There is still a 24 hour turnaround and sometimes she's not looking at the important one. So there is longer than 24 hour turnaround. Sorry, it's just very frustrating.

Pepper, I am working on my confirmation sheet right now and it says the location of the ceremony and the private reception on it. PM me if you need to and I can email you a copy, if you would like to see it. I would be very persistent about what you need to get done. Because they are now definitely enforcing the 45 day rule. But at least it's not 45 business days. A word of advice, they ask for all your guests and their relationship to you, what type of room category, dates staying, and any special requests. So I would already have your TA prepare that. Because it's taking away from my "one" email a day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbride2009 View Post
I just found out from Tiffany there is another wedding the same day as mine, and that it will depend on what our guest numbers are as to where we can have our events. I'm only concerned that the other bride will be wanting the same areas as I do! Has anyone run into this issue? I'm 9 months out but would like to have it set so I don't have to worry about it between now and then.

I agree with you Pepper...if you pay you should know what you are paying for!!!
I'm sorry! It definitely plays out to how many guest you each have. I would guess if you booked first, you should have first choice. I have barely over 30 guests booked right now and I was told my party was too big to have it at Zocolo terrace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHarwood2Be View Post
I feel so bad for the Azul Fives Brides. The news was released yesterday that the opening of Azul Fives has been post-poned for several months.
I found the following statement on TripAdvisor.
I definitely feel sorry for the brides too. Maybe they shouldn't have tried to construct them both at the same time.... at least the resort will be finished properly, hopefully they learned their lesson after the catastrophe with our resort.

But you know now they are going to give the brides the option of coming to our resort or Azul Beach.