Azul Sensatori Brides - POST HERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather hunder View Post
Hi, My wedding is in 4 months and i heard good reviews about having the reception at "the plaza" the area in the middle of the resort. However they said they can't have the Barbeque delux there, so i have to pick menu items. Who is doing this and how are you doing this? Do you ask people what they want to have as a salad and main course now? what if i pick something and they can't have, it like an allergy or something. Or do i have the reception on the beach and pay for a dance floor cause i heard (or read) the sand was horrible.
Thanks Ladies
OMG! I didn't know this. I was planning on having the BBQ deluxe too on the Plaza. I don't understand why this wouldn't be an option?

Heather - did Fabio or Tiffany tell you this? shitfan.gif

I'm going to be choosing off the menu...a salad, a main course and a dessert. I haven't confirmed this with the hotel, but I'm hoping to offer the guests a choice of 3 main course (one chicken, one fish, and a vegetarian) and then let the hotel the numbers when they are due. I figure that should be enough as we'll have hors doerves (sp?) prior to dinner and then I thought possible have some cheese/cracker trays come out later like around 930pm or so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katken View Post
OMG! I didn't know this. I was planning on having the BBQ deluxe too on the Plaza. I don't understand why this wouldn't be an option?

Heather - did Fabio or Tiffany tell you this? shitfan.gif
I didn't know this either!!! I have sent Tiffany my spreadsheet about a month or so ago and she has come back to me on a couple of items, but not the location of the reception and the menu. I'm not sure what the deal is.....if anyone gets more info, please share!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather hunder View Post
Yeah Tiffany told me that i couldn't have the Barbque deluxe at the Plaza, it had to be on the beach.
I spoke with Fabio last week over the phone, and we are also doing the BBQ he said that it does not have to be on the beach, it can be anywhere you want it to be, it's buffet, so it can be anywhere u want it to be. That is what he told, as that was one of the questions I had for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine4-09 View Post
Don't read what trip advisor says because some people just can't be happy no matter where they are. I think everything will be great it's what you make of it.
Our wedding is 4-24-09 and we can't wait!
Hear hear, Katherine! I completely agree. You have to remember that people who have something to complain about usually do it with a vengeance, and those who are happy are more complacent about writing reviews! As long as we don't expect everything to be perfect, it will be awesome. There's nothing worse than going on a holiday with a bad attitude to start, because you'll never get over it and you won't enjoy yourself at all, and just notice the negatives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine4-09 View Post
Thanks!

Ok were doing a private reception, we were thinking of a DJ but does anyone know the other options were for music if you don't want a DJ?

thanks
I didn't want the pay the huge fee so I am going to get a iPOD and fill it with the music I want and do it that way .... much more reasonable and that way I know I will like the music selection .....

Ladies,

Does anyone know what the charge is for setting up the private reception?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea110808 View Post
We did not use the DJ, we used our iPod and it was good in my opinion. Yes, you do have to "run" your iPod all night but it was totally fine. we had a relaxed crowd and we danced and danced all night long.They are VERY strict about the 11pm end time.
Andrea,

Did you have someone keeping track of the time or did someone from the Resort let you know when 11pm was getting close?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mineelbi View Post
Hello ladies,

I am getting married on April 15th 2009. I have been reading some reviews of the resort and I am getting a bit nervous. I am pretty laid back but I want it to be a great experience for my guests too .... is there anyone else getting married that week

I will be leaving that day, I'm getting married on the 11th. But I would guess our stays will overlap.