STD's for ROR

Hey All!

Just wondering about STD's. Im not really sure how ROR works in terms of booking dates and such. I had rec'd an email from the resort stating that the 2010 wedding packages won't be ready till Feb/March of '09. I want to send out my STD by the end of this month but afraid that I won't be guaranteed that specific date. How do we make sure we get the date that we want @ the ROR?

I thought I would write a forum here to see what you other helpful brides know. But I will also be emailing the resort for more info!

In my opinion, to be on the safe side, you really should wait until the 2010 schedule comes out to absolutely know that your date is available. I know that you want to send out your STD's as soon as possible, but to be on the safe side, I'd definitely wait to get firm confirmation from the resort.

You don't want to spend money ordering & sending out STD's only to find out that the date that you set isn't available, then to have to send them out again, with the correct info? KWIM?

Since your date is more than a year out, waiting till Feb/March to send them out, still gives your guests plenty of time to plan accordingly.

Just keep checking in with the wedding sales office in Mexico, as to when the schedule comes out & as soon as it does, book your date!!!

If it helps to ease your mind, lots of BDW brides who were planning a year to 2 ahead, had to go thru the same process & wait for the schedules. So its something that you're not alone in.smile03.gif

I know that the Riu has a wedding site that I frequent as well. JUst google Riu weddings if that is where you are going to have your wedding. As of now it still has 2009 wedding packages.

Oh and BTW sunstarsmoon...I emailed Arlett from Rio Ocho Rios the other day and she said that the 2010 wedding packages won't be ready till MArch 2009!! Im gettin a litttle impatient coz I have several guests that are already asking for prices and info already! We have decided on April 15th 2010 but we of course want to be confirmed for that date prior to really doing anything.

lisaloo79:

Here is the site I go to I hope this works Wedding Packages by Destination. Honeymoon Holidays. Weddings by Riu

Misstrae76 - I am getting pretty impatient as well. I have a few family members that need alot of notice. I have given them the heads up. I know from another topic that once you book your wedding date you have 3 months to book your room. I have just started working in the travel industry and the packages for 2010 for the time I am thinking dont even come out till May or so. So it looks like I will book my room and then at a later date organized my group rate. Another problem is usually the tour operator only gives you like a month to get in the deposits. I hope I am wrong on that one.

December 2010 seems so far away but I know in no time its going to be here. I pretty much have everything organized just waiting on booking. So here I sit waiting and waiting and waiting lol

wow 3 months to book? I have recently found a TA that can help me. I am so clueless about this booking stuff. Once they have the packages and such I will feel much better! So gurl I soooo know how ya feel! I have my STD magnets , letters and postcards all designed and everything! I will probably start my OOT bags in the next couple of months.

Maybe i'm just jumping the gun too soon! LOL! But I figure you can never be too prepared!