Sunday night insomnia

boscobel

I don't know if it's a real thing or not, but I swear I have it. I can never sleep on Sunday nights! I don't know why, my job isn't really super stressful. I mean, it has it's moments, but it isn't so bad that I am scared to go to work on Monday mornings.

This is new to be within the last few months, but last night was the worst. I went up to bed at like 10 and watched a little TV (like 30 mins), then turned out the light. Tossed and turned and laid there WIDE awake until I picked up a book. Reading usually helps me fall asleep. Well, I read my book on 3 different attempts to fall asleep! Every time I put it down or turned the lights out, I was back to being wide awake. I finally fell asleep at 3 something (I looked at the clock, but since I am blind w/o my glasses/contacts, I only remember it starting witha 3) and Matt came up at 3 something and woke me up. I wanted to kill him! Even though it wasn't his fault. Then I laid there and tossed and turned until my alram went off at 6:15. I dosed sure, but did not get any SLEEP.

Surprisingly I don't feel too bad today, just a little foggy or something, but it's ridic! Why can't I sleep on Sunday nights? ? ?

smile105.gif

I have the same problem on Sundays too. I have insomnia a lot during the week but i consistenly have it on Sunday night. I think i start going through things i want to get done at work that week and than i just cant get it out of my head. I try not to think about the stuff but it just takes over. I usually fall asleep okay but wake up about an hr after i fall asleep and than i'm up all night till about a half hr before i have to get up for work. Which totally sucks, i'd better off not to get the half hr of sleep makes me feel more like crap.

to me it sounds like once you're asleep you can stay asleep (unless M wakes you, grrrr) so why dont you try taking 1 benedryl, or 1 tylenol PM (same ingredient) about 30 min before you want to be asleep. it will help you fall asleep and (clear your sinuses haha), but wont make you super groggy (as long as you only take 1). i do this whenever i feel restless, but not if i know i have less than 6 hours or so to sleep. if i know ill only be getting 5 hours of sleep then it makes me too foggy the next morning.

I found out when I take Tylenol PM I get that foggy feeling the next day. So I tried Advil PM, guess what, no foggy feeling!!

Also, if you don't want to try the medicine route, you can get a bottle of Melatonin, its what your body actually produces to help you sleep. As you get older your body doesn't produce as much. I would go with a small mg as possible, and try it on a night you don't have to work.

I personally have insomnia and take a sedative every night.

Hope that helps!!

So I took a somethingPM last night. I slept SOOOOOOOOOOO good, but was so sluggish when I woke up this morning, that I missed my train and was 2 hours late to work! I only took half of what they said to take too! Oh well, live and learn.

Cattie - that's interesting about the melatonin, I'll check that out.

I've been having insomnia for the past few weeks now & its crazy. I have it every night but Sunday nights are by far the worst! Last night I don't think I drifted off until well after 1am & I tossed and turned all night and woke up like every 2 hours until my alarm clock went off at 6am! Meanwhile DH was sound asleep all night!!!!

My mother has been telling me to take Tylenol PM or Advil PM but I've been trying to avoid that cuz I don't want to get dependent on them if they work. But since it's not getting any better I think I'm gonna try to take 1 Advil PM tonight & see how that works.

Carly, I'm just wondering what time did you take it last night? Maybe it wasn't early enough to keep you from being groggy this morning?