XBOX 360 or PS3

Infinity22

Wow ! Never heard about the Xbox crashing sad.gif Hope it does not happen, it would make my FI crazy ! We got a cooler to make sure it did ot over heat and we use it pretty intensively ; we have no TV subscription, so the Xbox does everything : games of course, play music, play DVDs, play shows downloaded on the computer (not only fictions but also UFC, So you think you can dance, presidential debates, etc), play Netflix, etc. In a word, it's on all day... let me cross my fingers !

FI did some extensive research on this topic, well he was forced to after I knocked down his unreasonable vision of buying both systems, lol. cheesy.gif But ultimately it came down to him getting the PS3 because it doubles up as a blue-ray player. So far he's had no complaints at all and absolutely LOVES his PS3 because "the graphics are so fking dope" in his words. hehehe.

I voted for the PS3. My FI bought one July 2007 and loves it. It runs quite cool (even in the summer, which is amazing), it never overheats on him (which XBOXes have been known to do), it can play DVD as well as Blu-Ray Discs and will up-convert DVDs so they actually look better than they would in a regular DVD player, depending on the model of PS3 you buy it is backwards compatible with all PS1 and PS2 games, the graphics are amazing truly!

There's also a decent selection of guy-friendly games out for the PS3 now, such as:

- Socom: Confrontation (if he's in to online gaming)

- Metal Gear Solid 4 (FI loves this series)

- Call of Duty 4

- Haze

- Guitar Hero: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Guitar Hero: World Tour

I could go on forever lol...

PS3- as said before, it plays blu-ray. So you don't have to buy a blu-ray dvd player either and they are about $130. It also upconverts non HD movies to 1080p. 1080p is the best resolution you can get. At this point most television stations don't even play 1080p cause they haven't filmed much in it yet. (Sorry I used to work for DirecTV and my husband is a trainer at DirecTV so I'm always hearing about HD).

It also plays PS2 games and PS1 games.

And theres a 98% that every new game will come out for it.

So you can play old games, new games and watch hd.... its above 360 for sure!

PS3 hands down. Right now our 360 is sitting at Microsoft waiting to be fixed from the red ring of death.

The PS3 is hands down the best blue ray player you can get since it's sony. Xbox has some features, but the fact that the PS3 is for gaming and also can double as your dvd/blue ray player makes it all worth while.

I voted for the XBOX 360 because I'm buying one for FI for Christmas lol

Here's what I think of both systems:

360 is much cheaper, you can buy the Arcade (core) version and buy a harddrive later if you feel you need one.

If you buy the 40GB model of the PS3, it is NOT backwards compatible. Be careful.

PS3 doubles as a blu-ray player, which is very nice :)

360 can play HD DVD if you buy the player attachment, but those aren't being made anymore (HD DVD I mean)

PS3 has some games that the entire family would play.

75% of the games for 360 are rated M.

The reason why we chose 360 over PS3 (even though we're BIG Sony supporters) is because the game selection, FI loves shooter games, doesn't care much for anything else. And it's so much cheaper, it's $199.99 for the Arcade version and you can buy the harddrive later, and it's $399.99 for the PS3. Since we are also buying a Wii this year for Christmas, a PS3 couldn't fit in the budget, but an XBOX could :)

And I do agree with whoever said the PS3 looks beautiful, because it definitely does, but it is larger than the other systems, and I swear as soon as you turn it on, every speck of dust in your entire house gets sucked onto it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMrsLewis View Post
I voted for the XBOX 360 because I'm buying one for FI for Christmas lol

Here's what I think of both systems:

360 is much cheaper, you can buy the Arcade (core) version and buy a harddrive later if you feel you need one.

If you buy the 40GB model of the PS3, it is NOT backwards compatible. Be careful.

PS3 doubles as a blu-ray player, which is very nice :)

360 can play HD DVD if you buy the player attachment, but those aren't being made anymore (HD DVD I mean)

PS3 has some games that the entire family would play.

75% of the games for 360 are rated M.

The reason why we chose 360 over PS3 (even though we're BIG Sony supporters) is because the game selection, FI loves shooter games, doesn't care much for anything else. And it's so much cheaper, it's $199.99 for the Arcade version and you can buy the harddrive later, and it's $399.99 for the PS3. Since we are also buying a Wii this year for Christmas, a PS3 couldn't fit in the budget, but an XBOX could :)

And I do agree with whoever said the PS3 looks beautiful, because it definitely does, but it is larger than the other systems, and I swear as soon as you turn it on, every speck of dust in your entire house gets sucked onto it lol
So it acts as a vacuum too! What a great invention! cheesy.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity22 View Post
So it acts as a vacuum too! What a great invention! cheesy.gif
It was amazing, my buddy turned his on for the first time and it went from beautiful, shiny black to dull grey almost instantly lol I think because it looks so beautiful and shiny, it seems to attract EVERYTHING... Kinda like a freshly polished coffee table lol