The new Dreams Tulum thread! (Post all DT Qs&As here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBlake View Post
So I haven't heard from the wedding coordinators and I'm getting married January 17th. I know I have plenty of time to work out the details but I feel like I'm missing something. Do I need to send them documents in order to get leagally married? If so, what do I need to send, what address and by what time. We're almost thinking that we'll skip the legal ceremony and do it when we get home. It's starting to sound complicated. But knowing us, we wouldn't be legally married for months after our ceremony. We tend to wait to the last minute to get things done! Plus, I want our ceremony to be real and offical. I don't know. If anyone knows what I need to do, I'd appreciate all the help I can get! Thanks

Hey SBlake,

I am getting married a few days after you; when I originally booked the wedding I filled out the forms for the witnesses/mine & FI parents and the two of us- Sandra/Landy told me this was all they required until we got there then the rest of the stuff would be taken care of then (blood test & paperwork).

hope that helps..

Thanks for the info. I was just getting worried that it was too easy. Do we need to bring out birth certificates? Neither one of us can find ours so we will need to order. Not a big deal, just another thing to do!

In regards to the menu question, I don't think there is a typo. I said the same thing but my sister said that is a common way to serve filet. But I doubt anyone will know the difference, we didn't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Bride2be View Post

Thanks for the info. I was just getting worried that it was too easy. Do we need to bring out birth certificates? Neither one of us can find ours so we will need to order. Not a big deal, just another thing to do!

In regards to the menu question, I don't think there is a typo. I said the same thing but my sister said that is a common way to serve filet. But I doubt anyone will know the difference, we didn't!

I know, I thought the same thing about it being too easy.. you don't need your birth certificates, just your passports and your tourist card that you get when you arrive in mexico..

....at the beginning of this thread SunBride detailed what is required for the legal ceremony.. take a look there just to make sure you have all the info you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Bride2be View Post

I know, it really is easy! I was also worried that is seemed too easy and that I would get there and find out I missed something!

All you need is your passports (and witnesses but you don't even need those since they'll provide them). The only 2 inconvenience is the blood test (really, hardly a factor at all, they do all the work for you!) and the fact that you have to be there 4 days in advance (okay, this one is highly annoying!).

There is a form to fill out before and email them, it just has parents names and addreses, occupations etc. Make sure you've sent them that like a month before so they can get the paperwork started.

Hello Everyone,

We are back!! I want to do a detailed review when I can, but we are leaving for my daughters softball tournament in Las Vegas. We got in last night around 10:30pm....

First the wedding and the trip was amazing! Our final headcount was 87 people and it really was unbelievable. I will say for us the closure did impact our stay a little, but they had almost everything done by the time we left. Just minor things like the planting all over the place, and only two restaurants open each night for dinner the first night my sister was there (all open as of Friday night). The department managers went above and beyond to show their appreciation of the stress that the closure caused us.

In my review I will give department managers names because I really think it is important to know them and ask for them if you have special requests. For now I will say that the resort looks great and all of our guests were impressed with the food, service and the details of the wedding and reception.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisterofthebrideerica View Post
Hello Everyone,
We are back!! I want to do a detailed review when I can, but we are leaving for my daughters softball tournament in Las Vegas. We got in last night around 10:30pm....

First the wedding and the trip was amazing! Our final headcount was 87 people and it really was unbelievable. I will say for us the closure did impact our stay a little, but they had almost everything done by the time we left. Just minor things like the planting all over the place, and only two restaurants open each night for dinner the first night my sister was there (all open as of Friday night). The department managers went above and beyond to show their appreciation of the stress that the closure caused us.

In my review I will give department managers names because I really think it is important to know them and ask for them if you have special requests. For now I will say that the resort looks great and all of our guests were impressed with the food, service and the details of the wedding and reception.

Welcome home! I am so happy that everything went smoothly after all the stress prior to leaving, can't wait to read your review!!

Welcome back! I'm so glad everything turned out well for you guys! We leave this Wed., the 3rd so that gives me a sigh of relief to know things are going well down there. I can't wait to read your review & any last minute tips or gripes you may have let me know since i'm leaving in 5 days!!!!

smile29.gif

yay sisterofthebrideerica- welcome back! glad it went well. cant wait to read the full details. We're leaving bright and ealry in the morning. I selfishly hope you can report back today so i can read it before i go. i'm sure you're swamped though. Glad to at least hear that it mostly went well! PHEW!!

Today is Can't Waits big day!!!! Thinking happy thoughts for you, Karla!!