Picked up my Wedding Dress yesterday! **PICS** Finally starting to feel like a "btb"!

Hey girls...

So some of you may know my dress came in a few weeks (or a month??) ago...

Wellllll, Yesterday I went and picked up MY wedding dress!!! It's just as I remember, except 1 size bigger (which really felt SO great around my hips - just pretty big around the bust area still but it's all good )

My MOH, Sister and Aunt (who paid for my dress!!! LOVING HER RIGHT NOW!!!! lol love.gif) all came!

It meant so incredibly much to have them there with me. Honestly, I didn't even bother inviting my other BM who is in town. I knew she had to work, and didn't wanna put that pressure on her. It turned out to be the perfect :) Well, minus my Grandma who couldn't make it due to a very recent death in the family... (BUT she was there when I picked it out! So I think that helped both her and me some on that front...)

I must say though - I'm still SO surprised no one has shed a tear in regards to seeing me in my wedding dress!!! lol! wink.gif Isn't this something that happens?? You know, I just get so confused sometimes - not having a "mom" and all to be there for me... totally makes me miss her. But also, I just mainly miss the things Moms would "just know" ... does that make sense? KWIM?? I know my Mom would have cried for sure (probably embarrassing so!) I'm sure she's looking at me somehow wherever she is though and I'm sure she is beaming with tears of pride and joy for her "littlest angel" (that's what she called me - I'm the youngest of 3 girls, all by different dads).

It meant so much to have all three of the people who did come COME! My sister, Erin, and I used to be so close until she got married and had kids and blah.gif basically just moved on with her own life. (Guess that's just part of life!) I miss her a lot though. And I love her SO much! I realize she just wants the best for me (we've had a few issues between us in the past), and it meant the world that she drove about an hour (or more!) to be there with me on this day (not to mention she totally pulled through for me when my BMs bailed on my hair trial! LOVE HER!!!!! love.gif)

My Aunt is actually my dad's bro's wife, but it was really special to have her there as well. I guess they have decided to not have kids mostly likely due to meeting each other late in life after my aunt survived breast cancer! They do have a booming life & photography biz instead... next time you're in a relatively new Chili's, look for my Uncle Scot's work! He does all their chili cookoff photography. Because of this, I know they kinda look at all of us (the nieces & Nephews) as their "adopted kids". I think I pushed her away emotionally for awhile while I went through a ton of shit in my teen years, but looking back on it she was ALWAYS there. I think we have a lot to give to each other, actually :) I'm the oldest niece (by 13 years), so I think they feel a certain special bond to me, and I've never flat out told her 'I love you" before all of this bridal stuff. Now I don't seem so afraid to say these kindsa things (was burned over and over...and over...pretty badly by women in my life growing up.). I can just tell that when I say those words it means SO much to her. I am so lucky to have her in my support group! And I still can't believe what a generous gift her and my uncle gave me in buying my wedding dress... unbelievable.... angel1.gif

Jennifer, my MOH, also came. I didn't honestly know what to expect from this. But she was GREAT. (Kind of a difficult situation, given that she's 6 years older than me and nowhere near a "serious, marriage-hopeful relationship", so I know it's gotta be at least a little tough for her to watch me go through all this now) However, she is a fashion designer and OH that comes in HANDY!!! Besides that, it was just so nice to have someone there who has "chosen me" (i.e. rather than family - KWIM?) to support me. Really meant so much to me. She paid extra special detail to how to put my dress on (which I wouldn't have even thought of! doh!) and jewelry options... she even held my train as I walked back from the "box" to my fitting room. I think I almost shed a tear then! I REALLLLY appreciate her being there for me so UNSELFISHLY. She has NEVER EVER bitched about this being a DW, and has always said she'll be there even if she has to put it on a CC (and is booked btw! YAY!). She is one of those people on our "list" who we would basically pay to go if she couldn't go simply due to expenses. But, it is looking like she'll be able to pay the majority on her own! (We did pay her room deposit and 1 extra night hotel room, but she's covering everything else :)) She was just great, and fit in with my family so well (this was her first time meeting them). I feel totally confident in having her as my MOH. I think she knows what she is in for and definitely demonstrated some of that yesterday! Big HUGS to Jennifer, my MOH!!!! wink.gif

OK - SOOOOO NOWWWWW..... PICS!

(BTW - people are starting to become suspicious at the amount of pics I take when I'm out at things like this rofl.gif - my sister noticed and inquired about it... I just said I want as many as possible to choose from for scrapbooking, even though it's really for BDW! LMAO)

Love you girls wink.gif

K, I'm gonna work at posting those pics now... took forever to upload to Myspace! smile36.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsShelley View Post
that is awesome, Jamie, I love how you came up with the excuse "scrapbook pics" I take a lot of pictures too, everyone usually wonders why. Can't wait to see pics!
LOL Shelley - seriously, how the heck am I supposed to explain exactly why I have to not only take so many pics, but from certain angles, make sure they look decent, etc. etc. etc! My sister TOTALLY busted me on that one yesterday! LMAO In all honesty it stung a tiny bit, because really - who the F cares how many pics i take? It's my freakin' wedding dress! cheesy.gif

K... onto those PICS! cheer2.gif

Ok - sorry.... these came from Myspace so it was either really small or really big. I went for the big for the detail.... I can make them smaller tho if it's a problem...

Click the image to open in full size.

Left to Right: My Aunt Marilyn, me & My big sister Erin. I love.gif this pic! :)

Just some detailing of the back (I think I already posted a very similar pic when I first tried on the dress but oh well

Pic taken by my MOH - I love looking at this one too :)

K, my arms look funkay in this one - not sure what's up with that cheesy.gif

EEK! I've got some serious arm/back fat to lose judging by this pic! Wait, did I just say BACK FAT?!?! lol smile105.gif

LMAO - see THIS is what I was talking about... totally taking this pic for you girls! hahahaha

Just a pic of some earrings I tried on; I was gonna try on the pearls too just for fun but talk about a CHOKER! Couldn't get that sucker on! lol

...more to come...